Loudest Fans

O2L

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I don't even hate the Riders, I am just totally indifferent to them as a football team, it's the fans I hate. 

I normally agree with this, but Jones and Carter have me feeling like I hate the organization as much as the fans....

On 9/9/2017 at 6:40 PM, Booch said:

was odd as when they had  the meter on screen it was jumping around 106 to 108-109 on the scores...but they posted 104

ya that seemed very suspicious to me as well as more then one person said their devices were recording higher numbers then 104.

On 9/9/2017 at 6:41 PM, O2L said:

Wasn't 104 what they said sask did as well, or was it lower? I had a feeling TSN might make it a draw to not piss anyone off. 

ya i'm thinking this is the case as well.. they drew it out so we averaged a higher score but we definitely peaked higher as well but they chose to muddy up that fact.

On 9/9/2017 at 7:04 PM, 17to85 said:

best part was gord miller explaining it away as the game was closer this week... uhhh no it wasn't. 

ya that was just lame.. couldn't believe he was actually trying to rationalize why it was louder here.. smh.

On 9/9/2017 at 7:43 PM, Noeller said:

It was far FAR louder on TV this week from last week. I watched both and it was just insane on peak levels this week vs last. 

ya I concur.  we seemed to spike that meter like crazy but still got only a tie.. pfft.

On 9/9/2017 at 7:58 PM, Fraser said:

Id say the moose was a female rider  fan in disguise  but moose are beautiful magestic  creatures. 

they sure are.  sad about the outcome.

16 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I normally agree with this, but Jones and Carter have me feeling like I hate the organization as much as the fans....

So much this.  I didn't mind the team.. they were always the lovable losers as much as we were when we struggled..  another similar franchise handcuffed by being community owned and "salt of the earth" so to speak.. but man oh man, the last few years has really changed my opinion of the team, franchise and management..

I've always hated their fanbase tho, ever since I was like 12 and some big dumb flatbilly was at the McDonalds across the street from the stadium, at like half-time.. challenging every bomber fan in the building to a fight and throwing stuff inside the restaurant.   I've yet to have a truly positive rider-fan experience.. I believe it has happened to others but everytime I interact with a rider fan online or in real life... its a ****-show.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

sad about what outcome?

moose was tranquillized thrice and passed away while being transported out of the city.   exhaustion from running amok for 2 days was the reason apparently but some wild game expert said it was due to being tranq'd.  

1 minute ago, SPuDS said:

moose was tranquillized thrice and passed away while being transported out of the city.   exhaustion from running amok for 2 days was the reason apparently but some wild game expert said it was due to being tranq'd.  

It's sad. Anesthetics and tranquilizers on any animal is an iffy endeavor. Doubly so for wild animals of indeterminate health and weight. Poor Hewey.

4 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

It's sad. Anesthetics and tranquilizers on any animal is an iffy endeavor. Doubly so for wild animals of indeterminate health and weight. Poor Hewey.

ya and the game warden definitely went out of his way to say the animal was essentially murdered by the attempt to corral him and put him to sleep.   I get hes all about animal protection but would it have been wise to let it continue to romp around with thousands of pissed off people around?  cars, people standing or on bikes, all the commotion and excitement.. 

dunno, seemed like the smart idea to me.. just sad how it turned out.

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:26 AM, tracker said:

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If you don't get enough dosage the thing won't go down and be more dangerous since it'll be doped up, but too much and yeah you can kill the thing. Really difficult situation. Thing looked pretty skinny in the pictures I saw as well so probably wasn't in the best of health to start with. 

That's too bad about the moose.  I still remember the 1980's:

1. Games were played while lightning flashed overhead.  Only until goal-posts were hit did it cause a momentary pause in the game while people picked themselves up off the turf.

2.  Moose running around in public areas were either herded away or shot down.  No one cared either way.

46 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If you don't get enough dosage the thing won't go down and be more dangerous since it'll be doped up, but too much and yeah you can kill the thing. Really difficult situation. Thing looked pretty skinny in the pictures I saw as well so probably wasn't in the best of health to start with. 

Usually animals don't  wander into town unless they are pretty desperate either 

A few thoughts...

Who cares why we are the loudest...it is irrelevant...we are the loudest.

It is no secret that Rider fans live in a bubble of their own creation. Only way to endure 100 years of futility is to lie to yourself about it.

The moose dying sucks but will make a wonderful addition to the freezer of a low income old folks home on a reserve somewhere.

Was at both games and yes IGF was definitely louder.  That being said Mosaic does not allow electronic sirens/megaphones or airhorns in the stadium so that would make the comparison not exactly apples to apples.  Stadium design definitely plays into it to and IGF really does hold in the noise with both ends closed and the metal roof  Kudos on a big win and being loud

5 hours ago, gcn11 said:

A few thoughts...

Who cares why we are the loudest...it is irrelevant...we are the loudest.

It is no secret that Rider fans live in a bubble of their own creation. Only way to endure 100 years of futility is to lie to yourself about it.

The moose dying sucks but will make a wonderful addition to the freezer of a low income old folks home on a reserve somewhere.

Pretty sure you can't consume an animal that has been tranq'd

10 minutes ago, wildthing said:

Was at both games and yes IGF was definitely louder.  That being said Mosaic does not allow electronic sirens/megaphones or airhorns in the stadium so that would make the comparison not exactly apples to apples.  Stadium design definitely plays into it to and IGF really does hold in the noise with both ends closed and the metal roof  Kudos on a big win and being loud

I was curious about the airhorns at New Mosaic, figured that must have been a new policy.   They don't explicitly mention them being banned, but I haven't been to the new digs so I'll take your word for it.

I found this interesting, under prohibited items...

• Using unmanned aircraft systems (drones) unless authorized by the Saskatchewan Roughrider Club

https://www.riderville.com/permitted-and-prohibited/