Is it time for Davis...

Floyd

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

dont think jones would give much of any thing for him, hes an imp. Maybe a package of newfie + hurl tho...

not that I think Davis would fetch much, I think if Glenn is out for any significant time they will be eye balling Collaros. Just my opinion.

As far as Davis being an imp goes,  doesn't really matter since he's a QB the bigger issue would be the rider losing a decent starting NI which Davis does not replace. Plus the salary is one the bombers could not carry without shedding like 1 or 2 salaries elsewhere. Just not worth it for either team

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

not that I think Davis would fetch much, I think if Glenn is out for any significant time they will be eye balling Collaros. Just my opinion.

As far as Davis being an imp goes,  doesn't really matter since he's a QB the bigger issue would be the rider losing a decent starting NI which Davis does not replace. Plus the salary is one the bombers could not carry without shedding like 1 or 2 salaries elsewhere. Just not worth it for either team

Has jones every ponied up for an imp qb or other wise though?  Maybe if his name was franklin. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Has jones every ponied up for an imp qb or other wise though?  Maybe if his name was franklin. 

I don't think he's paid big money to any 1 individual player (maybe Dennis but he got pretty much what an all star LT should expect) however he's spent money frivolously in smaller but more spread out sums like signing bonuses and picking up injured players that never do anything (Norwood, Gaydosh, Owens)

I can see Chris Jones mortgage the franchise to pry Franklin out of Edmonton.   Something like1st rd draft picks for the next 2 years.   He'll have to do something if Glenn is out for an extended time.   Or are they willing to throw in the towel on the season and sign franklin when he becomes a FA in February? 

10 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I can see Chris Jones mortgage the franchise to pry Franklin out of Edmonton.   Something like1st rd draft picks for the next 2 years.   He'll have to do something if Glenn is out for an extended time.   Or are they willing to throw in the towel on the season and sign franklin when he becomes a FA in February? 

Vernon Adams probably gets to play. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

5278458.jpg

i don't know what you don't understand? Quarterback is the most important position in the league and the riders have already traded for one this season. IMP on non imp it doesn't matter since they dont count. 

Your sarcasm is making you stupid, stupid.

2 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

i don't know what you don't understand? Quarterback is the most important position in the league and the riders have already traded for one this season. IMP on non imp it doesn't matter since they dont count. 

Your sarcasm is making you stupid, stupid.

yes because he didnt discard durant with out a second thought. And didnt give away nichols for little to nothing amirite? Jones entire building system is based on the lowest value on vet imps. He does not value imps.  Bout as simple as it can be made for ya.

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Didn't jones trade for Vernon Adams?

Yes. A back up Db that didnt play this year. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

yes because he didnt discard durant with out a second thought. And didnt give away nichols for little to nothing amirite? Jones entire building system is based on the lowest value on vet imps. He does not value imps.  Bout as simple as it can be made for ya.

Hervey gave away Nichols...

12 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Check their schedule...tons of games against the East.

your are correct - the Riders have a lot of games against the east (away games against Ham,Ottawa,Toronto. Home against Ottawa and Montreal. The back-breaker will be the home and away against the Stamps. Hamilton has won two in a row and if the Riders lose in Hamilton it will be interesting to see what Jones plan will be. All depends on how long Glenn is out and as of this morning does not appear to be any announcement.

1 minute ago, BBRT said:

your are correct - the Riders have a lot of games against the east (away games against Ham,Ottawa,Toronto. Home against Ottawa and Montreal. The back-breaker will be the home and away against the Stamps. Hamilton has won two in a row and if the Riders lose in Hamilton it will be interesting to see what Jones plan will be. All depends on how long Glenn is out and as of this morning does not appear to be any announcement.

Agreed - Sask is very mortal without Glenn...  next two weeks - Hamilton and then Calgary could break their season especially if Masoli/June Jones have turned things around there

Going .500 for the rest of the season is not going to get Sask into the playoffs unless the wheels are completely off in Edmonton - BC's schedule is pretty decent as well

If Glenn wasn't having the season of his career (before the injury), the Riders would not have won more than a couple of games to date. Franklin shows a lot of promise, but so have many other QBs who flamed out quickly. The most interesting player who is or will be available is Collaros, who is nowhere as bad as he has looked this year, and I do not know why Hamilton did not trade him to the Argos for the previously mentioned package. If Jones wants a shot at the playoffs with Glenn benched for any length of time, Collaros has to be the only viable option out there.  The problem is that Hamilton will want a long dollar for him, and Jones may have to get bent over for the trade.