The next three

BigBlue

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The TD pass was a beautiful throw and he had another good throw dropped by the receiver.  Not bad for a guy who has hardly played in the last few years.

I always thought he was starter material. Surprised he never wanted/pushed for a starting job on another team

Edited by Judd

Honestly, there is not one opponent left on this schedule other than Calgary who is not beatable for us, and even Calgary has to lose at some point.

Out of these next three, Edmonton is probably the most likely we'd lose to if anyone because they will likely have a few players back who we didn't face against last time, and we haven't swept em in years.  Also, just as their 7-game win streak couldn't last forever, they're too talented to have that losing streak continue on as well, so we might unfortunately catch them when they're due for a win.

Ottawa ... well I wouldn't take them for granted, but Tate has looked a bit rusty and doesn't nearly have the supporting cast he had around him in Calgary (other than Sinopli).

Hamilton just had a couple East teams come in and give them some easy burgers in these last 2.  Masoli has turned the ball over a lot against us though, and I think these next two games they'll be returning back to their losing ways against better west opponents.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

So how did Tate look in relief the other night? He's no slouch either... 

I watched the game...  Tate held onto the ball long on a few plays,   tossed in double coverage,   and made a few nice plays.     I was not impressed  or scared,  he seemed to like to throw rainbows across the field.   Definitely a step down from Harris that's for sure.   Ottawa just seemed to be completely disinterested until the 2nd half started when the D stepped up and started rushing Masoli. 

Hamilton looked good in the first quarter and hot garbage for the rest of the game.   Masoli is absolutely terrible if any defenders rush him,   I'd say if we have any pressure on him and can contain him that our defense would get a tonne of ints.  

Hopefully the Bombers don't take their next 3 opponents as lightly as what seems to be the case here. Ottawa has their game back....yes they lost their starting QB but the guy who replaced him was as starter for Calgary I believe before they decided to go with Mitchel. Their D is not as bad as ours so that suggests it could be much closer than what everyone is saying. As for Edmonton well that will be tough. They are beatable but again our D will be the issue.  As for Hamilton, well that might be the one that is more of a given than any other.  BUT they too have won 2 in a row. Confidence is a big thing is sports so let's not take anything for granted.

The offense is playing well, the best I've seen them play on a consistent basis for years....the special teams are playing well....but the defense well if there is a silver lining one could say out of the 476 yards against last game, some 167 of them were on two plays. That is the scary part as well as they had 3 big plays I can think of off the top of my head and that continues to be a big concern.

So let's give them a chance to regroup and refocus and see what happens. Hopefully as some have said here three would be nice but take two and run.

I have to 100% disagree with the thread premise... Ottawa is a good football team and although they will be playing without Trevor Harris (likely) they will not be taken lightly... Edmonton is never an easy game... and Hamilton should be easily winnable, but they have been resembling an actual football team in the past two weeks...

We could easily go 3-0 over this stretch... but could just as easily go 1-2... luckily I have full faith in Mike O that he will never let these guys get complacent...

17 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Hopefully the Bombers don't take their next 3 opponents as lightly as what seems to be the case here. Ottawa has their game back....yes they lost their starting QB but the guy who replaced him was as starter for Calgary I believe before they decided to go with Mitchel. Their D is not as bad as ours so that suggests it could be much closer than what everyone is saying. As for Edmonton well that will be tough. They are beatable but again our D will be the issue.  As for Hamilton, well that might be the one that is more of a given than any other.  BUT they too have won 2 in a row. Confidence is a big thing is sports so let's not take anything for granted.

The offense is playing well, the best I've seen them play on a consistent basis for years....the special teams are playing well....but the defense well if there is a silver lining one could say out of the 476 yards against last game, some 167 of them were on two plays. That is the scary part as well as they had 3 big plays I can think of off the top of my head and that continues to be a big concern.

So let's give them a chance to regroup and refocus and see what happens. Hopefully as some have said here three would be nice but take two and run.

That's the biggest fluff job on Tate I've ever seen. The guys never really been a starter, just look up his stats,  his biggest season total is 2011 passing 101/158 for 1346 yards 8 tds 5 ints.  never before or since has he cracked 1000 yards passing.  Hell Glenn even started ahead of him (in part due to injuries iirc) in 2012 and 2013.  BLM basically took over for Glenn in 2014 while Tate continued to collect paycheques opting to be a back up instead of trying his hand as a starter elsewhere

On 9/11/2017 at 2:31 PM, Brandon said:

I watched the game...  Tate held onto the ball long on a few plays,   tossed in double coverage,   and made a few nice plays.     I was not impressed  or scared,  he seemed to like to throw rainbows across the field.   Definitely a step down from Harris that's for sure.   Ottawa just seemed to be completely disinterested until the 2nd half started when the D stepped up and started rushing Masoli. 

Hamilton looked good in the first quarter and hot garbage for the rest of the game.   Masoli is absolutely terrible if any defenders rush him,   I'd say if we have any pressure on him and can contain him that our defense would get a tonne of ints.  

See last year's late late game for evidence. Masoli was putrid, against us, and that was after shooting the lights out the week prior.

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

I have to 100% disagree with the thread premise... Ottawa is a good football team and although they will be playing without Trevor Harris (likely) they will not be taken lightly... Edmonton is never an easy game... and Hamilton should be easily winnable, but they have been resembling an actual football team in the past two weeks...

We could easily go 3-0 over this stretch... but could just as easily go 1-2... luckily I have full faith in Mike O that he will never let these guys get complacent...

All of these games are dangerous. 

We needed last-minute heroics + a kick return braincramp + OT to beat Ottawa. 

The Edmonton team we beat was depleted, tired, and crisco-handed.

We let Hamilton hang around for three quarters before burying them in the 4th. 

A couple bounces go differently and all these games come out different.  Maybe not the Hamilton one, but the other two, definitely.

(in case it sounds like I'm not giving the Bombers credit for their wins, I do  -- but for all but one quarter, these were three competitive games)

The Hamilton one was never close I wouldn't include that one, and the Edmonton one I don't believe was as close as the score, but with a team that can make big plays like they do it can always get close in a hurry. So I agree that some of them were dangerous, but not always because they were close games, just the nature of football. Couple plays here and there can change everything. 

40 minutes ago, johnzo said:

All of these games are dangerous. 

We needed last-minute heroics + a kick return braincramp + OT to beat Ottawa. 

The Edmonton team we beat was depleted, tired, and crisco-handed.

We let Hamilton hang around for three quarters before burying them in the 4th. 

A couple bounces go differently and all these games come out different.  Maybe not the Hamilton one, but the other two, definitely.

(in case it sounds like I'm not giving the Bombers credit for their wins, I do  -- but for all but one quarter, these were three competitive games)

I might be mis-remembering that game but it didn't go to OT we were down 7, kicked a FG, got a single on a kick off,  FG to tie then our D stopped the RBs and Medlock kicked the game winning FG on the last play in regulation

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

The Hamilton one was never close I wouldn't include that one, and the Edmonton one I don't believe was as close as the score, but with a team that can make big plays like they do it can always get close in a hurry. So I agree that some of them were dangerous, but not always because they were close games, just the nature of football. Couple plays here and there can change everything. 

Reilly and his receivers make big plays - Bombers are prone to giving those up.