Bomber Bye Week: The Kavis Reed Short Rope Edition

USABomberfan

Well as we don't have a game to talk about this week, I'm wondering what the chances are that Montreal would fire a GM before his first year is up and how much money they'd have to eat to do that.  Also, now with this whole talk of Collaros wanting out of Hamilton and Masoli now the guy, I also wonder whether he's salvageable on another team, or if he's become Willy damaged.

Just now, Chaosmonkey said:

Left field choice would be Collaros to BC in a deal that involved Jennings. Wouldn't happen to the end of the season, and Jennings would have to lose games and lose trust of the team. Let's say BC misses the play offs, Jennings could be the meat shield. 

Can't see that. There is a good chance that Lulay is done and Jennings has shown some promise. Collaros just might be broken and is very expensive to gamble on.

8 minutes ago, tracker said:

Can't see that. There is a good chance that Lulay is done and Jennings has shown some promise. Collaros just might be broken and is very expensive to gamble on.

Like I said, it's out there, left field. Would really require a bizzaro world situation that needed correcting in BC. 

40 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The Esks already traded Matt Nichols for a song. 

ya but they thought he was done or wouldn't evolve higher then Franklin.. Hes showing them the error of their ways now and its been great.

to be honest, he is proving more then them wrong as well.. I'm sure a lot of us wrote him off after those horrific leg injuries..  I wasn't sure what to expect once he got here.   I'm more then happy to say I was wrong about him tho, hes becoming one very damn good QB.

I really feel like Collaros has a lot left in the tank. He played behind a terrible O-Line that has finally got some different schemes from Jones and is gaining a bit of confidence. I feel like Hamilton should put him back in. But to be honest the best thing for Collaros is to get out of the Hammer and into a contending team that has an established front line and I think he will be ok. I hate to say it but if he gets into Sask I think they will move up the standings at least to make the playoffs IMO. 

Edited by Firekid

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I was supposed to be a simple joke about how Nichols is the guy most likely to win the MOP, don't over think it. 

I'm just saying, myself and more then a few others thought he was damaged goods and wouldn't amount to much.. hes proven us wrong

15 minutes ago, johnzo said:

speaking of Reed, anyone know why he gave up on Adams Jr. so quickly? 

Als' QB situation looks terrible ... Durant is slipping, Willy is broken, their third stringer is a complete CFL rookie.

Well, technically I believe it was Chapdelaine that gave up on Adams Jr, but I was hearing that he was grumbling his way out of Montreal, which whether that had to do with Chap, or Reed's ridiculous negotiations, I'm not sure.  Still though, Reed's doing little to supplant anything good in that Montreal offense right now, and if I was part of the Als big brass, I'd consider terminating his contract before this season is up ....  Well or not considering the guy next in line is Joe Mack.  I'll tell ya .... someone is very clueless up there in Molson's offices.

22 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Well as we don't have a game to talk about this week, I'm wondering what the chances are that Montreal would fire a GM before his first year is up and how much money they'd have to eat to do that.  Also, now with this whole talk of Collaros wanting out of Hamilton and Masoli now the guy, I also wonder whether he's salvageable on another team, or if he's become Willy damaged.

Hes pretty toast. But when AC went to montreal he was too. Still worth a few more chances as a back up. And some one will give it to him. I dont think they get willy value though. :lol:

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

BYE WEEKS ARE THE WORST. I know I'm being selfish because it's a great change to heal up the body for an extra week but I want to see the Bombers play NOW

Look at the bright side. Maybe both Wild and out starting safety will be back and Walters might find us a decent MLB. Doubtful, but possible.