Ridirts @ Tabbies: Cellar Bowl

USABomberfan

Might be one of the more intriguing matchups between bottom teams seen out there in a while.  For the moment Hamilton is Masoli town and ... well it would be the darnest thing if they began a roll to catch the Redblacks and Argos, even as unlikely as that is.  They got an opportunity with Montreal descended into even more chaos than they have now.

Big thing tonight is the Tabbies get to play against Brandon Bridge who apart from throwing two TDs in garbage time against BC is still well unproven.  If Capicotti and company get to him enough in this game, it might even be Vernon Adams time before you know it.  Gonna be interesting to see how McAdoo calls this game.

23 minutes ago, BBRT said:

Folks over on Riderfans.com think this is an easy win for them. Will be funny to see what they come up with if the Tabbies pull out the win.

I think it depends on which Masoli shows up.  Let's not forgot that while he has come up with a few highly unexpected wins such as last year's comeback in Edmonton and the big opener against Toronto that same year, he's thrown a few stinkers such as those 8 turnovers I think it was he committed against us and that awful one against BC as well.  If he gives Ed Gainey easy ones in this one, the Ridirts may not need Bridge to do much other than just manage the game.  If the hot Masoli comes out though and gets Hamilton up early, then the Ridirts are gonna tank.

Edited by USABomberfan

yeah if the Cats defense comes to play..mixes things up and pressure/put some good licks on him he is going to turn it over multiple times. 

The new offence as well being implemented there is still being eased in, so they may jump on them early with things the Rider's aren't prepared for, and a comeback of any signifigance isn't likely with any of their back-ups.  Lose this, and most likely next week with CGY they could be looking way up again at rest of division at 5-7...especially if BC pulls a rabbit out of hat and wins this weekend there's no way CGY will lose 2 in a row.

4 minutes ago, Firekid said:

Oh how a Rider loss would set the tone to this rainy weekend in Winnipeg! I might even spend the day outside tomorrow in my lawn-chair drinking ice cold beer in the rain! 

May I recommend: busch, as cold as a mountain stream and smooth as it's name? Or maybe you're an ice cold old Milwaukee light kind of guy..

Edited by Judd

Just now, Judd said:

Bridge sucks. I don't know what anybody sees in him. He's physically gifted but hes your token sucky canadian  backup

hes got physical tools but man he throws the ball into some dumb spots.. and also runs into some dumb spots.    If he ever gets the cerebral side of things down, he could be pretty solid. I just don't see it happening if he hasn't had it happen yet.

11 minutes ago, bustamente said:

A loss to the Ti Cats will cause an implosion over in Rider land.............lets hope so.

well.. they have being doing nothing but impoding so they would probably know how to handle it by now, lol.  still would be awesome to see tho yup.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Bridge is bad. But hammys defense is the worst ive seen in a long long time.

They've improved a bit recently.  Kept both TO and OTT under 25 points and 400 yards offence.  I mean they are not best in the league by a long shot but I do think they are coming together to some degree.  And they'll be at home.

Saskatchewan, I'm still not sold that they are "for real."  The character of their team is just too questionable.  But maybe tonight they stomp Hamilton and prove me wrong.

5 minutes ago, Atomic said:

They've improved a bit recently.  Kept both TO and OTT under 25 points and 400 yards offence.  I mean they are not best in the league by a long shot but I do think they are coming together to some degree.  And they'll be at home.

Saskatchewan, I'm still not sold that they are "for real."  The character of their team is just too questionable.  But maybe tonight they stomp Hamilton and prove me wrong.

I dont think ssk has proven anything. I just think the match up favours ssk over ham. Mostly due to ssk rec vs hams dbs.

How many games has Bridge actually played QB in?  Not many.

He needs a chance to play same as say Jennings, or Willy, or Collaros, before you can say he's not very good.

But Hamilton defence was hitting very hard last game.  Also, I think Masoli is pretty good. super athletic, strong arm.

I think Hamilton     the Jones coached team will win.

Edited by Mark F