Ridirts @ Tabbies: Cellar Bowl

USABomberfan

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Bridge was pretty good. Can't argue with 3 touchdown passes, and not turning the ball over. He did enough to win. Although as a team if they played against a good QB they would have been in trouble. 

Well, the TiCats dropped three picks, a couple of which coulda gone for TDs.  Also had 7 two and outs.  I'd say SSK won that game more because the bad Masoli showed up tonight.

16 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Well, the TiCats dropped three picks, a couple of which coulda gone for TDs.  Also had 7 two and outs.  I'd say SSK won that game more because the bad Masoli showed up tonight.

I'd argue that Bridge and Masoli were about equals, but the Riders receivers made some plays and the Ticats receivers made practically none. 

Man, everyone's being pretty hard on Bridge here...  the guy played a pretty decent game, managed it well and capitalized on his chances - I'd love to have Bridge as our backup instead of LeFevour tbh

Still hate the riders but its great to see Bridge, LaFrance and Muamba all starting in key positions...  

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This is easily the most insane thing posted here in a long time... 

And this is about the 15th time you've posted a 'I can't believe I'm so much wiser than everyone else' post today...  #intervention

Damn straight I'd take a 25 year old QB with a strong arm and some potential.  

But yeah, you're right... Dan LeFevour four passes as a bomber have been truly incredible.  

19 minutes ago, Floyd said:

And this is about the 15th time you've posted a 'I can't believe I'm so much wiser than everyone else' post today...  #intervention

But yeah, you're right... Dan LeFevour four passes as a bomber have been truly incredible.  

Knowing Jones though, he'll covet Vernon Adams or the kid from Edmonton James Franklin . 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

38 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Well Lefevour isnt out backup Davis is.I like Bridge and want him to do well but let's not get ahead of ourselves....

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I can't see Davis being back here next season. Why would the backup be happy not seeing any playing time while the third string qb gets on the field?

Do you know something we don't or are you speculating? For all I know, Davis is happy watching and learning.

7 hours ago, johnzo said:

Some kinda bad moon over the Hamilton receivers. Banks looks like he's been replaced by Willy Hinchcliffe.  Tasker's dropping catches he makes in his sleep. Mike Jones coughs up the ball on the 5. 

Masoli was pretty bad but his receivers were even worse.

It looks like Banks doesn't even try. Unbelievably bad PI call to get them to the one with 5 seconds. Unbelievably worse play came up next.

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't care what he showed vs that awful Hamilton team last night, Brandon Bridge is "teh shits" as they say. I'd take LeFevour and Davis all day and twice on Sundays.....it's asinine to say otherwise.

You criticize everyone else for making absolute, blanket statements and then post stuff like this...  based on what exactly?

I'm cheering for Davis and all that - but he's thrown like 20 career passes...  

I don't mind Bridge. Definitely learning but I like his tools. Still think he's be best served moving to receiver but his heart is in playing QB. 

Played well last night. I don't know if I'd want him over LeFevour this year but ... only because he's got less experience and DLF is *safer*