2017 Preseason

FrostyWinnipeg

More effort this game than the last 2 combined. Connor Lowry Armia were solid. Dano looked good. Liked De Leo and Roslovic. Dont get the Hendricks hate... Hope hes in the PB most games tho. Copp was good. Most were. Poolman really stood out.. Hes NHL ready. Helle looks big and boring again and thats a good thing. 

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

More effort this game than the last 2 combined. Connor Lowry Armia were solid. Dano looked good. Liked De Leo and Roslovic. Dont get the Hendricks hate... Hope hes in the PB most games tho. Copp was good. Most were. Poolman really stood out.. Hes NHL ready. Helle looks big and boring again and thats a good thing. 

Interesting take...

I saw no sustained pressure from Connor-Lowry-Armia... and a lot of times where they ended up in the same parts of the ice

Dano looked lost to me.  Saw De Leo beat a few times.  Copp was not great on faceoffs.

I don't hate Hendricks - just not sure why we want a 36 year old on a team with a log jam of prospects.  He's pretty slow.

I'd say that Lemieux is likely a 'chosen one' this year and will make the team no matter how his preseason goes...  imho

Liked Poolman and Helle's games.  No one else stood out at all.

Dano looks to be on the bubble. 

I wonder, if Trouba is still being a problem to deal with contractually, if Poolman gives Chevy pause to consider a deal.  Buff - Myers - Poolman is a solid right side corp, assuming they're all healthy.  And ofcourse, Trouba gets you a major haul in a trade.  This scenario isnt better...or even a fair solution.  But Poolman looking NHL ready and only being 24 is better than literally having no one to be a regular on the right side.

39 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Some rumblings that our fourth line may be Hendricks-Copp-Matthias...

That would be ugly - another year of a 'gritty' bottom six...  

If that's what happens, I don't see that as ugly if they play to their potential.

That combo has the makings to be a pretty decent fourth line.

37 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Some rumblings that our fourth line may be Hendricks-Copp-Matthias...

That would be ugly - another year of a 'gritty' bottom six...  

There is some scoring punch there, with Copp and Matthias.  Definitely far from the worst 4th line we've put on the ice.  Hendricks... meh.  There's no way Hendricks plays more than 50% of the games anyways.  It could easily turn into Petan-Copp-Matthias or something similar.

And that has nothing to do with the third line so the bottom six comment is a little 'out there'.  If the third line turns out to be Connor-Lowry-Armia, that could actually be pretty decent.

31 minutes ago, Atomic said:

There is some scoring punch there, with Copp and Matthias.  Definitely far from the worst 4th line we've put on the ice.  Hendricks... meh.  There's no way Hendricks plays more than 50% of the games anyways.  It could easily turn into Petan-Copp-Matthias or something similar.

And that has nothing to do with the third line so the bottom six comment is a little 'out there'.  If the third line turns out to be Connor-Lowry-Armia, that could actually be pretty decent.

I just wonder if you get enough offence from C - L - A.   I'd rather flip Perreault to the 3rd line & hope that he gives Lowry some tap ins.  Connor up to the 2nd line with Little and Ehlers on his off wing. 

If Connor-Lowry-Armia clicks and becomes a scoring threat, then I'm fine with a grinding bottom line - but the days of a grinding bottom six are just gone...  hope we're not stuck with another year of it

Hendricks is 36 years old - he should be in the press box and providing leadership in the locker room...  

We had a very good line - Copp-Petan-Armia that showed great chemistry two years ago and have just never looked at it again

I'd like to see this combo...  I think Ehlers is exp enough to work with Connor

LSW

Connor-Little-Ehlers

Perrault-Lowry-Matthias

Petan-Copp-Armia

I can only assume they didnt move away from Thorbs and yet feel Matt is here to make a big difference.  I would suspect he DOES start the season in the line up and I suspect he was promised every opportunity to compete.  But I agree, he likely splits time between starting and press box.  And thats fine. 

Its not a matter of plugging Petan into the 4th line.  Or even Dano.  Petan needs to be a scoring threat in my opinion.  So Matt isnt taking his spot.  And Dano seems to be struggling through I like him on the 4th line.  But if Dano is "better" but Matt plays more responsibly, helps the PK and wins every faceoff at critical times, I can see the value in him over Dano. 

Armia is better than Matthias.  I think he sticks on the 3rd line for awhile.  Connor...he has to prove he can play in the NHL every shift and be an offensive threat.  Lowry and Armia didnt exactly score a ton last season but they are big and if they can generate opportunities for Connor, then its his spot to lose.  Perreault does too many things well.  His effort might be above his skill but his numbers also dont lie.  The plan surely is Connor eventually is the 2LW but not this season, I dont think.

Although Perreault with Lowery and Armia would be a line full of hustle.  Perreault hasnt "lost" his spot yet.