IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

Mr Dee

ICYMI

WEEK 13

Bye - Winnipeg 

Santos-Knox - “The Banjo Bowl was everything they described and even more. The atmosphere was amazing, the fans were amazing. It was just a great time.”

Ed Tait - Moe Leggett numbers to munch on: In the last six games since he returned from injury, he has 25 tackles, three sacks, one interception for a touchdown, three forced fumbles and a punt-return TD.

-Clarence Denmark’s two TDs last Saturday gave him 14 scores in his last 21 games since returning to the club. He now has 30 receiving TDs, tying him with Gerald Wilcox on the Bombers all-time list.

And more on the receiving front… Andrew Harris pulled in another five receptions for 26 yards in the win over the Riders. He now has 69 this year – just two shy of the Bomber record of 71 set by Robert Mimbs in 1991 – and still on pace to break the CFL record for receptions by a running back, 102,

From last week -USports - Guelph 82 Windsor 10

The #Esks have open tryouts coming near the end of the month. 

Former #Riders DB Justin Cox hit with two assault charges 3downnation.com/2017/09/11/for… #YQR #Saskatchewan #CFL

CFL News - While white stripes would remain on #CFL ball, the new balls would essentially be an NFL football with a CFL logo on it. - @JDunk12

Blue and Gold CFL - On TJ Heath 

While Chris Randle tightened up his coverage after last week’s poor performance, Heath couldn’t do the same. Heath was responsible for Naaman Roosevelt during his 75-yard touchdown and was beat every time that he was targeted. Heath held Roosevelt to only four catches, but gave up a few big plays – 111 total yards against the Bombers’ DB.

?‍?Hmm... sounds harsh if correct

Rob Vanstone - Nichols had frequently been forced to check down to shorter passes during the Labour Day Classic, in which only 27.1 per cent of Winnipeg’s throws travelled 10 yards or more.

In the rematch, by contrast, a whopping 60 per cent of Nichols’ throws were in 10-plus territory. The previous high against Saskatchewan this season was 51.2.

The average length of Nichols’ passes increased from 7.1 yards (Sept. 3) to 11.7 (Saturday).

#BCLions hire long time defensive back Ryan Phillips as a regional scout in the Seattle area.

Dave Naylor - Hearing that the @EdmontonEsks have brought-up Cdn receivers Shamawd Chambers and Cory Watson in trade conversations. May be cap-related.

Dave Dawson - Chambers is making over 100 k this year, made 185 with #Riders and get this. Has **never** had a 100 yard game in his 6 year #CFL career.

?‍?After shopping Chambers and Cory Watson around, the Esks caught a fish…

? TRADE ALERT! ?

@Ticats acquire WR @ShamawdChambers from @EdmontonEsks 

Trade Details ?➡️ on.cfl.ca/SHIt30fdPox 

Dicier Orméjuste - Andrew Wetenhall: "Frankly this team could make the playoffs and still no jobs would be safe." #Alouettes @LCFca (Then Chapdelaine and Thorpe were whacked)

?‍?Don't know how many saw/heard the 2nd Monday night football game, but I was wondering if you were as annoyed as I was with Beth Mowins. And her voice. To me, it just isn't a football voice/tone…

Drew Edwards - According to TMZ.com former Calgary Stampeders and NFL defensive back Brandon Browner has been charged for allegedly making felony criminal threats against a woman.

CFL News - “This is all about (Browning) having health issues” #Argos HC Marc Trestman #CFL via @Mike_Ganter

CFL Headlines- Harris out 2-6 weeks, and no, Burris won't be back for Redblacks goo.gl/fb/RqdYMo #RNation #REDBLACKS

NFL Update - Joe Thomas is 4 snaps away from 10,000 consecutive snaps. He's never missed a play since coming into the league in 2007. 

?‍?Incredible.

CFL News - Maas on his own outburst: “I just don’t agree with the call and that’s why you saw what I did." #CFL #Esks via @GerryModdejonge

- "I got a 10-yard penalty for it, it was at the end of the half so did it matter? No.” - #Esks Jason Maas #CFL via @GerryModdejonge

?‍?Point missed there Jason…

Dave Naylor -  Mid-season coaching changes rarely work in football (this ain't Hockey!!). But the @MTLAlouettes have done it 4 times in 5 years. #CFL #als

Nic Lewis - If u thought my book was gonna be interesting before, just wait. I'm in full support of Kavis, Patrick, Bob and Andrew Wetenhall. #BirdLife

?‍?the third straight year Montreal has fired a coach mid-season.

CFL News - People in #CFL think if Art Briles thing hadn't blown up, Manziel would have been a Ticat by Labour Day Monday - @TSNDaveNaylor #Ticats

Mike Morreale - “I think if they were going to build a mould of the ultimate teammate it would be Mike O’Shea. There’s just no other way to put it,” Morreale said.

“I’ll tell you what, I’ve never seen a more complete athlete in his preparation, his skillset, his intensity for the game,” Chad Folk, O’Shea’s Argonauts teammate told bluebombers.com.

CFL.ca - Maurice Leggett: The Winnipeg defender accomplished something last week that had been done only three times before in the entire history of the CFL - making BOTH a kick return and a defensive return touchdown in the same game:

Player Year Date.  Team Oppt.                     Kick Return TD.       Def. Return TD(s)

Maurice Leggett 2017 Sep 09 WPG SSK.     Punt return (97).      INT return (54)

Tristan Jackson 2008 Jul 10 EDM TOR.        Punt return (61).      INT return (89)

Orlondo Steinauer 1999 Aug 05 HAM SSK.   Punt return (35).      INT return (40)

James Jefferson 1987 Oct 04 WPG HAM.     Punt return (58).      Fumble return (28); INT rets (two on laterals)

CFL News - "@CoachNoelThorpe called me, while I was in my car and I was in shock. He was surprised (about being let go)" - @dmaccoach #CFL #AlsMTL  (Danny Maciocia)

"I really do not need to go back to that stage of my life. Everything's going good here." - @dmaccoach #CFL #AlsMTL  via @JdeMontreal 

Walby on the no-hit practices

Walby is convinced that by eliminating practices in pads which ultimately eliminates contact between games the league is opening itself up to more injuries because guys will no longer be conditioned both to hit and be hit and that, Walby believes, will lead to more injuries.  http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/09/14/walby-feels-new-rule-will-hurt-not-help-cfl-players?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+feedrinse%2FRWsG+(Blue+Bombers+Channel)

?‍?Ticats’ Mike Jones not ready for prime time football…had a couple of rough games...hence the trade for Chambers.

Dave Dawson - DB Emanuel Davis has averaged 104 yards against per game. Yes, averaged. #Ticats #Riders

?‍?There are a lot of things to celebrate in a football game. Finally getting a 1st down..in the 2nd quarter, is not one of them. Hello Hamilton.

?‍?Hey, if the Riders are happy with Bridge as their QB of the future, I'm ok with that. And for that matter, if the Ticats are happy with Mazoli as their QB of the future, I'm ok with that too..

?‍?Ticats elect to throw the ball at the 1 yard line..to Banks? There are only 2 things wrong with this. 1st - throwing the ball. 2nd - throwing the ball to Banks…

Leader-Post - A graduate of the South Alabama Jaguars, Bridge completed only 50.9 per cent of his passes as a collegian. There were also concerns about his mechanics, considering that his throwing motion is rather unorthodox.

After Friday’s game, Bridge boasted CFL career stats of 70 completions in 101 attempts — a 69.3-per-cent accuracy rate — for 871 yards, with eight touchdown passes and two interceptions. His quarterback rating: An eye-popping 113.9.

?‍?Seeing MOS being interviewed live during the game reminds me that we now have a stable, even respected chain of command. We now leave it to other teams to have questionable decision makers..

?‍?The choice of CFL players and fans alike… C1718_AC8-8_ADF-4_CE3-8193-4771_F8_B331_

CFL News - Alouettes put QB Colin Kaepernick on negotiation list 3downnation.com/2017/09/15/alo… #CFL #AlsMTL  via @JDunk12

Quick Fix: In 19 seasons in the CFL as a player, assistant coach & head coach, Dave Dickenson has never been on a team with a losing record

?Rob Tychkowski - Somebody tell the Eskimos that the CFL's no tackling rule only applies to practice

Drew Edwards - Cancel all the padded practices you want, #CFL, if you aren’t going to find a way to penalize obvious headshots...

Derek Taylor - Quick count of Roughing the Passer pens into this week:

Nichols - 7

Durant - 5

Jennings, Collaros, Glenn, Ray - 4

Lulay, Reilly -3

Bo - 2

?‍?BC Lions Micah Awe led with his helmet on 3 different tackles that I saw, but the hit to Messam was the worst, and should have drawn at least a 15 yard penalty. Exactly the kind of hit that has to be taken out of the game. That non-call was flAWEd.  How is this not blatant enough?

?‍?Alex Singleton became the first player in CFL history to record 10-plus tackles in three straight games. Super jealous that Calgary nabbed him...

CFL.ca - Across the CFL there have been 3,637 pass attempts made or about 37 per team per game. Of those 3,637 passes, 59% or 3 out of 5 are thrown in short range (8 yards or less downfield) while 16% (or 1 in 6) are thrown with receivers more than 20 yards downfield. The payoff has been great for deep throws however as 76 of the 161 TD passes (47% of them) have come on deep throws.

-This season there have been an average of just 15.8 penalties per game. That is down by 11% from last year (17.8) and 23% less than the 2015 season which at 20.4 penalties per game was the most since 2004.

-In spite of their two wins, the Ti-Cats have still not had a game this season where they have controlled the ball

more than their opponents. They have yet to have more than 30:00 of Possession Time in any game this season.

-Jovon Johnson: Has taken over the league-lead in Knockdowns with 10 and is on pace to match the CFL record of 18. Johnson has 4 Knockdowns in the last 3 games.

-Teams are 39-for-66 (59%) on two-point converts this season. Ottawa leads the league with 10 successful attempts.

-There have been 17 blocked kicks in 2017, more than in all of 2016 (15).

-Game time is down, with an average length of 2:49 compared to 2016’s 2:51 and 2014’s 2:55.

-Matt Nichols leads all QBs in QUAR rating with 89.5 and has separated himself from the QBs above 80. Reilly 84.4, Glenn is 83.8 and Mitchell is 83.3. Through Week 5 Nichols’ QUAR rating was 70.5 which ranked him seventh in the CFL. Since then, his QUAR rating is 95.4 and Winnipeg has gone 6-1.

-Bye Weeks: Teams coming off a bye this year are now 7-4, including the  Argonauts win. ?‍? Keep this up Bombers...

-the average margin of victory is just 11.8 points, the lowest since 2001.

Lowell Ullrich on Manny Atceneaux - “It also might be instructive to learn the man has been playing with a torn MCL for the better part of the last six weeks.”

?‍?Practice Pads for Sale. Contact Noncontact Paddie @ 111-555-6785

Montreal – The Montreal Alouettes announced on Sunday that the club has hired two new coaches who will help the team until the end of the current season. Kit Lathrop will coach the defensive line, while Ken Miller also joins the group as an offensive consultant.

?‍?Montreal played like a team possessed. And they were - by Ottawa. Ottawa 41 TOP to 19 for Montreal

?‍?Geez, do the Bombers have to play every week in order to inject some life/excitement in the CFL? Some dud games this week.

IMG_0822.jpg

WEEK 14

Ottawa @Winnipeg Friday

Hamilton @ BC Lions Friday

Montreal @ Toronto Saturday

Calgary @ Saskatchewan Sunday

BITS AND PIECES...

?‍?There is a technical term for what Darian Durant is going through. It is called the yips.

A John Hodge proposal - Winnipeg defensive tackle Drake Nevis for Saskatchewan receiver Caleb Holley

The Riders recently lost 320-pound newcomer Nick James to injury, leaving a sizeable hole in the middle of their defensive line. Enter Nevis, the plus-size free agent signing who has failed to live-up to expectations in Bomberland. Holley, meanwhile, has averaged 57 receiving yards per game in his young CFL career and would bring some much-needed size to Winnipeg’s receiving corps. Nevis and Holley are free agents at the end of this season, allowing both clubs to get to know their new players before committing long-term. - http://3downnation.com/2017/09/18/four-trades-that-should-be-made-before-the-deadline/

"You can see the excitement of guys getting back here." - Matt Nichols

?‍?I have to ask...Who's the Alouettes' QB coach? Brian Brohm?

?‍?Is it irony for the Riders to have Bridge work and still have gaps?

?‍?The CFLPA and the CFL Head office are both on board in regards to player safety. Perhaps the players should read the memos. Right Micah Awe?

Justin Dunk - Canadian receiver Mike Jones has tested positive for a banned substance and is facing a two-game suspension in accordance with the CFL’s drug policy.

CFL News - #Redblacks sign International linebacker Greg Jones & International DB Dacquan Pace #CFL via @OSEG_Media mailchi.mp/oseg/redblacks…

?‍?I have to ask...Isn't a performance-enhancing drug supposed to improve ones performance?

Ed Tait - Jamaal Westerman is a spectator again this morning at #Bombers practice

Bauming - Westerman did not practice yesterday, and is again a non-participant today. #Bombers working fellow Canadian Trent Corney at his DE spot. - Just my gut — I think Westerman will start and play Friday night. #Bombers #RedBlacks

Justin Dunk - Saskatchewan has brought 30 year old receiver and return man Jacoby Ford to the province’s capital, per sources

27 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

A John Hodge proposal - Winnipeg defensive tackle Drake Nevis for Saskatchewan receiver Caleb Holley

The Riders recently lost 320-pound newcomer Nick James to injury, leaving a sizeable hole in the middle of their defensive line. Enter Nevis, the plus-size free agent signing who has failed to live-up to expectations in Bomberland. Holley, meanwhile, has averaged 57 receiving yards per game in his young CFL career and would bring some much-needed size to Winnipeg’s receiving corps. Nevis and Holley are free agents at the end of this season, allowing both clubs to get to know their new players before committing long-term. - http://3downnation.com/2017/09/18/four-trades-that-should-be-made-before-the-deadline/

Image result for nicolas cage laughing gif

Edited by blue_gold_84
EDIT: better reaction .gif found

Help Sask with an emergency DL rebuild with one of the best DTs in the league in exchange for one of their backup receivers... makes sense.

Becoming apparent that Hall's D schemes are more the issue than any 'dropoff' in play from Nevis or Cummings...  just different roles

Love the majority of your posts, but in regards to this:

Don't know how many saw/heard the 2nd Monday night football game, but I was wondering if you were as annoyed as I was with Beth Mowins. And her voice. To me, it just isn't a football voice/tone…

Really? Because she's a woman, you mean? Get over it.

39 minutes ago, aalgernon said:

Love the majority of your posts, but in regards to this:

Really? Because she's a woman, you mean? Get over it.

No, not because she's a woman.  Strictly the voice. It's the same for me for some other sports voices. For example, Michael Breed of the Golf Academy has a voice you can only listen to for awhile. I'm strictly gender neutral unless there is reason. And for me, there was reason. 

I'll tell you what, I'll give her another listen next time and see if I can get over it..

Edited by Mr Dee

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

No, not because she's a woman.  Strictly the voice. It's the same for me for some other sports voices. For example, Michael Breed of the Golf Academy has a voice you can only listen to for awhile. I'm strictly gender neutral unless there is reason. And for me, there was reason. 

I'll tell you what, I'll give her another listen next time and see if I can get over it..

Fair enough. At the risk of sounding condescending, however, I suggest that it's possible you dislike her voice strictly because it's different, and not what you're used to.

26 minutes ago, aalgernon said:

Fair enough. At the risk of sounding condescending, however, I suggest that it's possible you dislike her voice strictly because it's different, and not what you're used to.

Used to?  Does every sport have the same kind of announcers? It just doesn't work for me.

Nothing personal. Is it for you?

19 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Nothing personal. Is it for you?

Not at  all personal. I'm just saying that sometimes change is difficult to deal with, and it's important in those moments to truly examine why we feel the way we do. This is more philosophical than I really intended for a football forum, but the point is that all major social change comes about as a result of small cases like this one. Women have traditionally been under-represented in sports and it would be good for this to change. Basically, all I'm saying is that it's important to examine one's personal biases and I hope that you are doing this.

1 hour ago, aalgernon said:

Not at  all personal. I'm just saying that sometimes change is difficult to deal with, and it's important in those moments to truly examine why we feel the way we do. This is more philosophical than I really intended for a football forum, but the point is that all major social change comes about as a result of small cases like this one. Women have traditionally been under-represented in sports and it would be good for this to change. Basically, all I'm saying is that it's important to examine one's personal biases and I hope that you are doing this.

Hit em with it Aalgie...Hit em with it.

Some guys suck at being commentators and so do some women.

Personally I think she was awful.

Yeah, so let's be politically correct & hire a woman just because they're "underrepresented"? How many women play the 4 major professional sports alongside men? None. That's why women are underrepresented. To top it off, she isn't very good.  Any criticism is well deserved. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Here's all I know - if Beth Mowins started talking about what a physical specimen Sam Giguere is I'd feel 99% less uncomfortable than when Rod Black does it.  I know my nieces would say that makes me an alt-right Trump-loving Nazi but I don't care.  It's how I roll.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

9 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Here's all I know - if Beth Mowins started talking about what a physical specimen Sam Giguere is I'd feel 99% less uncomfortable than when Rod Black does it.  I know my nieces would say that makes me an alt-right Trump-loving Nazi but I don't care.  It's how I roll.

You're damn right it does... all this Rod Black, alt-right homophobia!! :lol:

Really though... I have no issue with Beth Mowins... I thought she was pretty good... I think ESPN is the entity that really screwed the pooch on this one... they threw her in the booth with an inexperienced and surprisingly terrible Rex Ryan (I'm sure he'll improve)... and not to mention the Spanish sideline guy.... if you had her up there with a quality colour guy and sideline reporter and you probably don't even notice... 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

You're damn right it does... all this Rod Black, alt-right homophobia!! :lol:

Really though... I have no issue with Beth Mowins... I thought she was pretty good... I think ESPN is the entity that really screwed the pooch on this one... they threw her in the booth with an inexperienced and surprisingly terrible Rex Ryan (I'm sure he'll improve)... and not to mention the Spanish sideline guy.... if you had her up there with a quality colour guy and sideline reporter and you probably don't even notice... 

He will have to figure out what his job actually is.  So far he seems to think it's to "be Rex Ryan".

In fairness, Chris Collinsworth ruined me for all other colour commentators.  He is pure gold at his job.