Bombers vs Redblacks: Bomber Football Is Back Edition

USABomberfan

20 hours ago, Noeller said:

We should absolutely slaughter them on Friday, and in previous years I'd be worried about exactly what Mike was concerned about.....but this is an MOS team. They'll be ready...

I don't really care if some fans want to call this an easy win... all I care about is how the team prepares for this game... and everything we've seen from the group the last couple years leads me to believe they will not be complacent against any opponent...

The only way I'd see us losing this game is if Nichols and the offense threw an absolute stink bomb out there and allowed Lindley multiple opportunities to make a win happen.  I just don't see that though with how I think we'll utilize Harris and Flanders to wear out the D as has been our MO.

If we get this game going into a track meet, I do not believe Lindley has the experience nor the toolset to be able to keep it close.

Edited by USABomberfan

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

LeFevour is still better then a rookie nobody...  the only way I see us losing is if the team completely takes the night off in all 3 areas.

LeFevour's supposedly our 3rd string. Davis #2. LeFevour's a glorified RB who can throw some, which is why he's our short yardage guy.

45 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

LeFevour's supposedly our 3rd string. Davis #2. LeFevour's a glorified RB who can throw some, which is why he's our short yardage guy.

Must have been a bye week.  We're discussing our 3rd string QB in multiple threads.

From what I've seen LeFevour has benefited from coming in off the bench and beating teams with his athleticism.  Once teams prepare for him as the starter, he struggles to sustain it for multiple games.  It seems like once he's expected to run the plays as called by the coach, his success drops off quickly.

Just one mbrgs opinion, of course.

17 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Must have been a bye week.  We're discussing our 3rd string QB in multiple threads.

From what I've seen LeFevour has benefited from coming in off the bench and beating teams with his athleticism.  Once teams prepare for him as the starter, he struggles to sustain it for multiple games.  It seems like once he's expected to run the plays as called by the coach, his success drops off quickly.

Just one mbrgs opinion, of course.

Yes LeFevour's skills have always been to be the wildcard package QB.  This is how he was used early on in Hamilton and it's how Lapolice is using him now.  He's had his stints though of multiple starting games filling in for Collaros, playing for a brief period in MTL and then backing up Ray in Toronto.  In all cases, he dug the teams in holes record-wise and has never been sought after as a prohibitive starter.  I believe we have him here so he can do the dirty work instead of needing Davis to do it, but I think sooner or later Davis will have his chance to show whether he's a boom or bust.

I'm not taking the news of Westerman's season-ending status lightly or anything.  I am concerned that down the stretch here such as the playoffs or Grey Cup should we get that far ... we could very well need him and be hurt without him.

But for this game I think regardless of him being out Lindley is still going to struggle.  Hopefully Chris Randle can bait him into some bad throws that go the distance the other way.