Bombers vs Redblacks: Bomber Football Is Back Edition

USABomberfan

14 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Nevis didn't dress last game, so I don't think they can pull that off.  They need at least one to spell the DE's and one for the DT's, Corney can't backup both.

They have been lining up DE's in the interior this year, so they might disagree with you.  3 on the line happens a few times a game now.  I thought there was a play a few games ago where we had a 5 man line with all 4 DE's on the line and one DT.

19 hours ago, mbrg said:

They have been lining up DE's in the interior this year, so they might disagree with you.  3 on the line happens a few times a game now.  I thought there was a play a few games ago where we had a 5 man line with all 4 DE's on the line and one DT.

This is true, they have been using those formations recently but if they have to keep 2 Natls. on the D-line at all times it's going to make for a difficult situation with only 2 Natl's available.  I think they will have to use Briggs quite a bit to offset.

Edit: Forgot about Ekakitie.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If Nevis is playing over Poop and Knox is back in front of Santos-Knox I don't know what to think about their roster management skills.

As per depth chart, Santos L Halper gets the start again this week with Knox backing him up........so there's that!

Flanders is such a gamer. All he's done since he's been here is making plays when given the opportunity. He was good last year when taking over for an injured Harris, but this year to start the season he couldn't get into the lineup I'm sure it was frustrating for him but instead of taking his ball and going home like another Bomber reciever he stayed patient and he's now a staple stone in the Blue Bomber offense. I love this. 

We are going to be vulnerable against outside runs I think. Something I noticed in Corney's play this year is he tends to outrun the play and often times RBs run right past him. And Im not sold on our LBs outside of Leggett just yet. Maybe he's gotten better at this, and maybe Stantos-Knox has another strong game to help stop these kinds of runs, but so far I have not been impressed with Corney. Hope he proves me wrong tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If Nevis is playing over Poop and Knox is back in front of Santos-Knox I don't know what to think about their roster management skills.

Looks like Santos-Knox is starting which is great. And I've been a huge advocate of Poop all year and usually hate seeing him sit. But Ottawa is going to be run heavy tomorrow night. And Nevis clogs up the middle very very very well.

In the "in case you missed it" thread, the trade put forward by Hodge is A- crazy.  and B - based on Nevis not getting the "results". Which I think is garbage. Guy is a run stopper. The middle of the Dline has been difficult to run through all year except for 1 or 2 games. Nevis is a big reason for that.