Westerman Out For Season

Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Harris. Chungh. Goossen. JFG. Thomas. Hurl. Loffler. 

Theres your solution. Start 7 instead of 8. 

THANK YOU! They've been spewing this all season, going with 8 allows them to be flexable incase of injury. Well here's the injury. No need to change anything. Would be nice to get Poop Oko and Jeffcoat on the field at the same time.

This coach/management doesn't do knee jerk quick fix. or Panic stations moves.

Even if they signed Mulumba, he wouldn't play.

Other guys, that have been here all season, and longer,  have worked hard, and deserve a chance ahead of him.

At least I think this is the way O'Shea sees/does things.

I'm sorry that Westerman is out, but I think they'll be fine.

Edited by Mark F

19 minutes ago, Dr. Blue said:

I hope they don't dress just 6 DL as a result of this. Our D will suffer a lot more if they do.

Which will require to them to sit 1 INTL since only Nevis and Green is available and both are INTL.

So the choices to sit are: 

a. Flanders - imo, most likely to sit

b. Walker - we have available NATL DBs (Conteh and Branning) - it's a question of if they can provide same play as Walker. 

c. Hardrick - hope they keep the OL intact

d. Lankford - not gonna happen, imo. .

e. one of Knox/Santos-Knox - no available NATL LB in the lineup - so not gonna happen. This assuming Knox goes back to 42 and Wilson goes out

Edited by M.O.A.B.

4 hours ago, bustamente said:

Goes from taking a big old swig from the Banjo Bowl trophy, to New Jersey during the bye week to being done for the season today with an ubi. 

You are onto something...maybe it's me being a little bit of negative nancy but it seems like there's a lot more to this injury.  I guess we will find out more in the next few days but I feel like this injury isn't football related.  Westerman can't speak on a specific play during the game that he got injured on and the team has nothing to lose by reporting what his injury is if he's done for the year.  It seems like they are keeping it quiet out of respect for westerman 

Edited by Albertabomberguy

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Other guys, that have been here all season, and longer,  have worked hard, and deserve a chance ahead of him.

Whether right or wrong, I fall into this group, too... 

36 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Which will require to them to sit 1 INTL since only Nevis and Green is available and both are INTL.

So the choices to sit are: 

a. Flanders - imo, most likely to sit

b. Walker - we have available NATL DBs (Conteh and Branning) - it's a question of if they can provide same play as Walker. 

c. Hardrick - hope they keep the OL intact

d. Lankford - not gonna happen, imo. .

e. one of Knox/Santos-Knox - no available NATL LB in the lineup - so not gonna happen. This assuming Knox goes back to 42 and Wilson goes out

Sit Lankford, dress Nevis or Green.  Replace Westerman with a NI receiver.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Well, someone who has worked hard but is not Canadian will have to sit anyway... probably Nevis - which at his salary is ridiculous.

This week isn't critical but next week sure is - Mulumba could easily be a rotation guy with Corney for Edmonton game

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Well there is no other Canadian Dl guys on the roster so if he signed he would be in the lineup pretty quick. Branning was here a week or two and got in the banjo bowl.

1 hour ago, Albertabomberguy said:

You are onto something...maybe it's me being a little bit of negative nancy but it seems like there's a lot more to this injury.  I guess we will find out more in the next few days but I feel like there was an off the field incident that has caused him to be out for the year.  Westerman can't speak on a specific play during the game that he got injured on and the team has nothing to lose by reporting what his injury is if he's done for the year.  It seems like they are keeping it quiet out of respect for westerman 

If that was the case, which it isn't, there would be no way that he'd be able to get in front of cameras and mics again this season.  

Yet we announced today media can have full access to him tomorrow following practice.