Westerman Out For Season

Goalie

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Which will require to them to sit 1 INTL since only Nevis and Green is available and both are INTL.

So the choices to sit are: 

a. Flanders - imo, most likely to sit

b. Walker - we have available NATL DBs (Conteh and Branning) - it's a question of if they can provide same play as Walker. 

c. Hardrick - hope they keep the OL intact

d. Lankford - not gonna happen, imo. .

e. one of Knox/Santos-Knox - no available NATL LB in the lineup - so not gonna happen. This assuming Knox goes back to 42 and Wilson goes out.

Jesse Briggs.  Following O'Shea's logic, it wouldn't surprise me at all.  I'd prefer that over messing with the secondary.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

32 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

If that was the case, which it isn't, there would be no way that he'd be able to get in front of cameras and mics again this season.  

Yet we announced today media can have full access to him tomorrow following practice. 

I appreciate these contributions to the site... 

This probably has nothing to do with the injury but.....on Sunday at the fan appreciation day. We were just approaching the table that Westerman and Nichols was at. We were about 3 ppl away from the table when Westerman got up and was talking to one of the volunteers and seemed a bit dazed and said he wasn't feeling well. He grabbed his stuff and headed for the locker room. Was he at practice yesterday or today? Could these be concussion symptoms or something else? Don't want to speculate and hope it's not a concussion. 

11 hours ago, Albertabomberguy said:

You are onto something...maybe it's me being a little bit of negative nancy but it seems like there's a lot more to this injury.  I guess we will find out more in the next few days but I feel like this injury isn't football related.  Westerman can't speak on a specific play during the game that he got injured on and the team has nothing to lose by reporting what his injury is if he's done for the year.  It seems like they are keeping it quiet out of respect for westerman 

Are you suggesting it might be some kind of illness?

Guys, while I realize that speculating on things is what we do here, it might be better in this case to not do that.  We don't need to feed the rumour millwhen it comes to someone's well being.  He's injured somehow and he won't be back this season.  That's ultimately all we need to know.  Get better soon Jamaal.

I don't normally do this, but wow......the most epic butthurt of all time........

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/columnists/blue-bombers-run-fake-plays-off-the-field-too-446207423.html

Some days, a column idea grabs you by the throat.

Other days, a lot of column ideas grab you by the throat.

This was the second kind of day:

It was hard not to laugh this week at the Winnipeg Blue Bombers touting their big website "exclusive" on the news defensive end Jamaal Westerman was done for the season.

Barely an hour after head coach Mike O’Shea told reporters Tuesday — with a straight face — that it still wasn’t clear how serious Westerman’s injury was or even if it was upper body or lower body, the club announced on its website that Westerman was done for the season via an "exclusive" that included quotes from Westerman, who was declared off limits to the real reporters on Tuesday because he was injured.

Now, I suppose it’s possible that in the space of one hour, the club fully diagnosed Westerman’s injury, confirmed it was season-ending, interviewed the player and then wrote a pseudo-story and posted it on its website.

But more likely, O’Shea already knew exactly what was wrong with Westerman and that he was done for the season even as he was claiming the opposite to reporters, presumably to preserve his team’s big "exclusive" an hour later.

And so it goes in an age when pro sports teams everywhere are increasingly trying to pass off team propaganda as news — and massage any bad news with their own spin before they let the legit reporters take over.

Fake reporters doing fake news — available at a team website near you.