Westerman Out For Season

Goalie

Wiecek:

And so it goes in an age when pro sports teams everywhere are increasingly trying to pass off team propaganda as news — and massage any bad news with their own spin before they let the legit reporters take over.

Fake reporters doing fake news — available at a team website near you.

I strong believe Wiecek has the bolded words mixed up.

Edited by Mr Dee

I am a lifelong WFP subscriber (when I was in Manitoba) and had a paper route with them in Pinawa when I was a kid...was my first job. I was EXCEEDINGLY loyal to them for a lot of years. Up until the last couple years, one of the things I looked forward to most when coming home from AB was being able to read a physical copy of the WFP. Now........not so much. 

On 9/19/2017 at 3:53 PM, Booch said:

a receiver is a receiver..Drew for Lankford still is the same amount of receivers on the roster...just swapping birth certificates as it helps us on the defensive side of the ball

then you lose your best return guy.

please don't respond with "Drew can return kicks".

Wiecek is an idiot. Full stop.

but if this was happening with something that mattered, as opposed to coverage of a sports team, the elimination of a free press is a pretty serious issue.

the team is shutting down access to the media and telling their own stories. We're ok with it because we all love Ed Tait, but I can see why independent journalists (people other than wiecek) would be concerned about this.

taken in another context, this is what got Trump elected. He and his team would spew a boatload of garbage that scared people into voting for him because access to legitimate news/reporting is so buried by the "fake news" outlets.

6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

but if this was happening with something that mattered, as opposed to coverage of a sports team, the elimination of a free press is a pretty serious issue.

the team is shutting down access to the media and telling their own stories. We're ok with it because we all love Ed Tait, but I can see why independent journalists (people other than wiecek) would be concerned about this.

taken in another context, this is what got Trump elected. He and his team would spew a boatload of garbage that scared people into voting for him because access to legitimate news/reporting is so buried by the "fake news" outlets.

The traditional media has no less access.  Tait is in the same scrums as them.  The issue here is lack of skill and laziness by traditional media.

14 hours ago, Noeller said:

I don't normally do this, but wow......the most epic butthurt of all time........

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/columnists/blue-bombers-run-fake-plays-off-the-field-too-446207423.html

Fake reporters doing fake news — available at a team website near you.

Did he seriously write this last line in the article?... wow, just when I thought he couldn't be a bigger piece of ****...

this hack should be no where near any form of media, especially calling himself a "legit reporter"... and BTW Paul, the word is legitimate... "legit" is not a real word...

EDIT: I looked it up... apparently "legit" is recognized as a real word as an abbreviation for legitimate... which is really disappointing for the english language...

Edited by bearpants

14 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The traditional media has no less access.  Tait is in the same scrums as them.  The issue here is lack of skill and laziness by traditional media.

Then why did the coach tell the media Westerman was fine and an hour later Tait releases this article with quotes from the player (that the media was told they couldn't talk to )?

37 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Then why did the coach tell the media Westerman was fine and an hour later Tait releases this article with quotes from the player (that the media was told they couldn't talk to )?

Same as any press release. The team is always going to know first. Tait works for the team.

Instead of doing actually journalism, like Hamilton or Bauming would do, Wiecek decides to whine about the timing.

It's like whining that the guys on radio get to report things first because the print doesn't come out until the next day.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Also, we're talking about sports. This isn't real news, so I don't really have any concern about pro sports teams hiring their own media content guys and competing with traditional reporters.

If Wiecek was reporting on the goings on at City Hall, he would have a point.

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

with all due respect, and not to go off topic, but there was fake news going on on both sides in that election.  Still going on on both sides.

Ok back on topic - Wiecek is a bonehead.

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

This might hold some water if it were true. But there are plenty of 3rd party Journalists who break stories before the "team guy" does. Weicek is afraid of change and seemingly unwilling to adapt in the ever changing landscape that is journalism. He's just another old timer who, if he doesn't change will be out of a job likely sooner than later.