2016 re-draft

Floyd

For no reason... other than putting our jealousy of Calgary in perspective...

1. Singleton

2.  Loffler

3.  Revenberg

4.  Vaillancourt

5.  Lauzon-Seguin

6.  Shaq Johnson

7.  Trent Corney

8.  Llevi Noel

9. Grozman

2nd round

Couture, Lalama, Jamieson, George Johnson, Gagnon, Brescasin, Sackey, Gauthier

Abdesmad and Bouka will change this... but for now...

Edited by Floyd

15 hours ago, Floyd said:

1. Singleton

2.  Loffler

3.  Revenberg

4.  Vaillancourt

5.  Lauzon-Seguin

6.  Shaq Johnson

7.  Trent Corney

8.  Llevi Noel

9. Grozman

2nd round

Tevaun Smith could also be a factor eventually.  You also left out Anthony Thompson who has started games for the Lions and played relatively well.

If Lalama makes it, then surely you must include Frank Renaud, Kevin Jackson, Mike Kashak, Felix Faubert-Lussier, Declan Cross and Pierre-Luc Caron.  Maybe that can be your 3rd round.  Jamal Campbell and Dillon Guy are two OL who haven't really played much but still have as much or more potential than Mike Couture.  And that's not a shot at Couture.

Good list though.  Lots of guys from the 2016 draft having an impact.  It was a little weak at the top end but lots of depth throughout. :) 

On 9/19/2017 at 8:03 PM, Floyd said:

1. Singleton

2.  Loffler

3.  Revenberg

4.  Vaillancourt

5.  Lauzon-Seguin

6.  Shaq Johnson

7.  Trent Corney

8.  Llevi Noel

9. Grozman

2nd round

I didn't realize that Singleton was an NI.  That makes the nut-punch even more agonizing and long-lasting.

4 hours ago, tracker said:

And to think we could have had him on our roster if we had been more on the ball....

How do you figure that?.... If I recall he was a late add due to obtaining eligibility... and we had already used our first rounder on Wagonner...

Unless you think we should've traded up to get him?

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

How do you figure that?.... If I recall he was a late add due to obtaining eligibility... and we had already used our first rounder on Wagonner...

Unless you think we should've traded up to get him?

Misworded maybe... or was implying we shoulda known before using it on Waggonner.. but I think you are correct in that he just was added before the cutdown..

if we had known he was avail in the first round, I imagine we would have made a shot at nabbing him.. but where was our pick in that draft? we would have needed a top 5-6 I believe.

Just now, SPuDS said:

Misworded maybe... or was implying we shoulda known before using it on Waggonner.. but I think you are correct in that he just was added before the cutdown..

if we had known he was avail in the first round, I imagine we would have made a shot at nabbing him.. but where was our pick in that draft? we would have needed a top 5-6 I believe.

I looked it up... Singelton went #6 to Calgary and we selected Corney and Couture at #9 and #10...

28 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

ya we gave up our 1st for waggonner..  wonder what that 1st was supposed to be.

It would have been second overall.

The funny thing was that Singleton probably would have gone first overall to Saskatchewan but a rumour came out before the draft that we was still pursuing the NFL.  Then after Sask made their pick, it was made known that Singleton was not pursuing the NFL and would be coming to the CFL.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

It would have been second overall.

The funny thing was that Singleton probably would have gone first overall to Saskatchewan but a rumour came out before the draft that we was still pursuing the NFL.  Then after Sask made their pick, it was made known that Singleton was not pursuing the NFL and would be coming to the CFL.

He probably put that rumour out himself to steer the Riders away from him.