2016 re-draft

Floyd

15 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I actually disagree with your premise... I think him retiring is a major factor in him being a bust... if he had gone on to play 10 years as a great special teamer, and defensive rotational player... he would be considered a good pick... not necessarily worthy of 1st round, but definitely not a bust... 

Pretty sure Waggoner would have been starting at WIL for us this year...  

3 hours ago, tracker said:

For those who have gotten their silky underthings all bunched up over my comment about Singleton, chill. I wasn't pillorying Walters and Co. for missing an obviously great player, I was bewailing that the Bombers didn't get him. Any draft is a crap shoot, and we will get bonuses we didn't expect (Loffler) to be as good as they were, and absolute flops- and that list is big. Maintain your cools, folks.

Where's the fun in that, especially after a long bye week? No, you shall be placed in the rack and pilloried until sunrise for even suggesting the WBBs may have screwed up . It's the MBB way. Now back to the ponies and rainbows commentary.

5 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

We selected Faith, knowing that his ceiling wasn't as high as other guys in the draft. He was supposed to have a high floor, and was selected to fill a need immediately. There's no reason he shouldn't be rotating in sporadically like Corney does.  

It's Corney's second year.  He played far fewer reps as a rookie.

This is getting painful.  Stop now.

11 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

There's no reason he shouldn't be rotating in sporadically like Corney does.  

He does.  And he'll probably do more next season like Corney has done in his 2nd year.

11 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

He doesn't play at all.

Also false.  He actually recorded his 1st official tackle tonight.

Edited by bigg jay

• 8 months later...
On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎22 at 10:03 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

Might as well just write off the entire first round of this year's draft class based on such poorly flawed logic.

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎22 at 10:05 AM, voodoochylde said:

He was the most 'pro ready' .. still doesn't mean he's going to step in and make an impact right away, especially when he's playing behind guys like Nevis, Johnson and Thomas (who is having a very solid year).  Also, with our NI depth we have the luxury of allowing him to develop and get familiar with the Canadian game .. to acclimatize to the demands of our faster style of play .. why are people so quick to label Ekakitie a bust? He's played well enough in spot duty.

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎22 at 10:15 AM, Noeller said:

FIRST YEAR PLAYERS NOT PLAYING IS A SIGN OF A TEAM THAT FINALLY HAS DEPTH AND ISN'T THROWING THEIR DRAFT PICKS TO THE WOLVES!!! 

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎22 at 10:49 AM, gcn11 said:

Ekakitie is not a bust. He hasn't been here long enough to be one. Saying Ekakitie is a bust is like saying Muamba was a bust because he rarely played in year one.

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎22 at 10:50 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

When you make the claim Ekakitie is a bust and "most people here" didn't like the pick, you come across as a know-it-all. You've yet to make one logical argument for your opinion. And you're basically all over the map now trying to vainly justify your baseless claims, accusing others of revising history. Comical.

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎22 at 11:01 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

And nobody agrees with anything you've said. I'll let the consensus in this thread make my case, the same way I'll trust the judgement of a proven CFL GM over some know-it-all fan. ^_^

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎22 at 11:37 AM, 17to85 said:

QUOTING BECAUSE MORE PEOPLE NEED TO READ THIS!

Seriously, the reason the guy isn't getting playing time is because the DL as a whole has gotten a lot deeper this year. I think people need to stop expecting draft picks to step in immediately. Even a guy like Henoc Muamba, who was a real good NI player didn't get a lot of playing time to start his rookie season. 

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎22 at 3:52 PM, mbrg said:

It's Corney's second year.  He played far fewer reps as a rookie.

This is getting painful.  Stop now.

Well, this is a nice read over. You guys really told me. :lol:

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

How pathetic it is to dig up a dead thread with the gift of hindsight. You really showed us.

Try not to dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back.

I mean, if you look at the personal insults you were (and are) throwing, when you were absolutely and completely wrong it's well worth it.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

So petty.  Love it.

That's half the fun of being on a message board isn't it?

In all seriousness, it's all in good fun. I think you're the poster who brings up to me that I was a bigger fan of Crompton than Nichols when we first traded for Nichols. It's interesting to see when you're right, and when you're very, very wrong.

• Jpan85 locked this topic