Bombers Release Thorpe

Booch

43 minutes ago, tracker said:

I hope there is a plan B should one of our import receivers go down. This is a puzzlement and it would be nice if the Bombers cared enough to tell us fans what was going on.

lmao.. yea shouldn't O'Shea and Walters be running all their roster decision making choices thru us before they happen? 

yeesh, the disrespect!

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Wasn't it Walters a few years ago that preached that you are always looking to improve, even by small increments, because it all adds up?

Other teams gearing up for the playoffs appear to be subscribing to this.

The Bombers?

If he asked for his release what other option did they have? To me, that's the only logical explanation. 

1 minute ago, SPuDS said:

lmao.. yea shouldn't O'Shea and Walters be running all their roster decision making choices thru us before they happen? 

yeesh, the disrespect!

Yeah, that isn't what he said. I think its more of the fact that fans had the impression of Thorpe as a productive possession guy. The fact that he was taken off the active roster could barely be explained by Dressler's return. The fact that he has been released is a complete mystery. Hopefully more info will come out soon.

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Yeah, that isn't what he said. I think its more of the fact that fans had the impression of Thorpe as a productive possession guy. The fact that he was taken off the active roster could barely be explained by Dressler's return. The fact that he has been released is a complete mystery. Hopefully more info will come out soon.

we literally have zero reason to suggest the bombers should tell us their reasons for releasing someone.  zilch, nada.  which is exactly what tracker was suggesting.

I may have embellished a bit at his expense but I mean, come on.. why would any fan truly think we are owed something like the nuances of how they manage the roster?   its asinine to think we should be told this info and feel like the bombers are wronging us for not divulging this info.

Sometime today, in the 1pm range, after practice, O'Shea will be asked the very same questions about Thorpe. We'll see what the master of no response has to say.

I'd have to agree with those who believe Thorp asked for his release because of lack of playing time, and the reasoning behind the roster choices. Or not..

Dozens of players sit and develop on the non-active rosters. Thorpe wasn't one of them?

I don't think it's tiresome, it's the truth.

He hasn't played in weeks. We're winning. Big deal. No story, carry on.

It only becomes a story if he signs with another team and lights up our defense in the playoffs, which we all know won't happen. If we sputter in the playoffs it won't be because of just one player. It'll be the entire team pooping the bed.

I have high hopes though. I think this time we get at least to the WF.

Edited by jazzsax
Oops. Meant to say Final. not semi final

Just now, Noeller said:

In fairness, you've been exhaustingly negative lately about the management team.....there's a yin and yang around here...

I'm not negative about the management at all. I love our management.

I just don't think they're perfect.

No idea how I could be exhaustingly anything when I post like 5 times a month anyways.

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Sounds like he asked for his release. 

Besides he hasnt played in weeks. We are 8 and 3. 

OMG time to panic cuz a guy on the PR was let go. 

I'm not panicking  that he was let go, but my point is that Thorpe should have never been pulled out of the lineup. He was great during his short stint starting and I think he would add more (consistently) to the offence over someone like Lankford. 

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm not negative about the management at all. I love our management.

I just don't think they're perfect.

No idea how I could be exhaustingly anything when I post like 5 times a month anyways.

maybe it's the lack of posting, so it seems worse, but I feel like every time you post, it's something negative about how the team is setting up the roster......

Just now, Noeller said:

maybe it's the lack of posting, so it seems worse, but I feel like every time you post, it's something negative about how the team is setting up the roster......

To be fair, I've harped exclusively on two things and on one of them, I turned out to be entirely right. ;)

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

lol....eeeeasy now, David....... 

If I was Dave, I would've mentioned how now that Thorpe is gone, I couldn't ever be proven wrong on the second. Lol 

But really, I love about 95% of what our front office and coaching staff does. The other 5% just so happens to be the roster management on game days. I feel like we don't get the most out of it.