Bombers Release Thorpe

Booch

Honestly the simplest explanation to me is that the team wasn't nearly as high on Thorpe as posters around here were. 

Will it work out? I dunno but the guy wasn't on the game day roster much so in theory it's a position that they should be able to replace. Granted they haven't shown a lot of ability to bring in rookie receivers thus far, but hey, sooner or later they will right?

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Wasn't it Walters a few years ago that preached that you are always looking to improve, even by small increments, because it all adds up?

Other teams gearing up for the playoffs appear to be subscribing to this.

The Bombers?

Yes I am sure you are correct.  The Bombers have clearly given up on the season and the best we can hope for now is a good draft pick. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

You're like a condescending 2007 Spuds. It's tiresome.

He asked for his release. I mean.. Its pretty cut and dry here. Id imagine they didnt want to release him but he asked for it so what can you do. It sucks because i agree with your other post about them wanting him here for a couple years but when a guy asks for a release, not much you can do. 

Edited by Goalie

34 minutes ago, Goalie said:

He asked for his release. I mean.. Its pretty cut and dry here. Id imagine they didnt want to release him but he asked for it so what can you do. It sucks because i agree with your other post about them wanting him here for a couple years but when a guy asks for a release, not much you can do. 

It's not what you're saying, it's how you're saying it.

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

It's not what you're saying, it's how you're saying it.

Its how you read it actually. Its really not condescending at all.  Pretty straight forward really. He asked for his release... He was granted it. Pretty straight forward. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Sounds like he asked for his release. 

Besides he hasnt played in weeks. We are 8 and 3. 

OMG time to panic cuz a guy on the PR was let go. 

Fair enough. How would you suggest the person who  submitted the original post read this?  

I love sarcasm, I think it's one of the funniest humor forms around but I  am constantly learning when to use it and when not to and no where near perfect that's for sure.

My rule: if I give it out, I need to take it in.

1 hour ago, MC said:

Yes I am sure you are correct.  The Bombers have clearly given up on the season and the best we can hope for now is a good draft pick. 

Yup. That's what I said. Excellent interpretation.

I don't know what's happened to this site lately but the sniping is basically eliminating the possibility of any discussion. I never thought a winning team would make things worse, but it has somehow.

9 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Fair enough. How would you suggest the person who  submitted the original post read this?  

I love sarcasm, I think it's one of the funniest humor forms around but I  am constantly learning when to use it and when not to and no where near perfect that's for sure.

My rule: if I give it out, I need to take it in.

As sarcasm. As a joke. A minor tongue in cheek comment to those who constantly overreact to everything the bombers do that they disagree with. 

I guess.. As an example.. To those who come here after a loss and act like its the end of the world. 

Edited by Goalie

10 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It would be nice if Thorpe came back for T.C. next year and gave it another go but it seems the Bombers are not inclined to give ex-players a second shot.

I have to think this is referring to Khalil Bass. Why would the Bombers want to bring in a former and disgruntled player who would likely wind up in the same situation here as the team from which he just requested his release?

There's nothing at the moment indicating Thorpe couldn't be back for TC in 2018.

Good import receivers are not that hard to come by despite the Bombers' difficulties in finding a dominant one, so lets wait and see if Hamilton or another CFL team picks him up. For me, this may be more proof about O'Shea's unwillingness to change when change is due. Before the flak starts, consider how it has taken in the past to get rid of obvious deadwood. That proposed trade with (ugh) the riders about shipping Nevis off for a receiver sounds more attractive now.