Bombers Release Thorpe

Booch

20 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

We may never know, but it would be cool to hear Lapo's thoughts on Thorpe leaving.  I also thought he fit our offense perfectly.  The considerations for Lankford on kick returns (which some of us don't necessarily agree with) kept Thorpe off the gameday roster, and forced Lapo to play the inferior receiver.

I wonder how much of a factor it is that Langford is the back-up punter on the team? If he sat out and Medlock goes down mid-game, is there any other player who could step in? Because to lose your kicking game in the middle of a contest could be pretty devastating for any team, for that contest anyway.

8 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Could you provide a list of guys you think have O'Shea on their enemy list due to your above scenario?

I can't because there are none. O'Shea's player/roster management is impeccable and there are no players that O'Shea has sat that figure should be playing. Further, of the ones that are no longer here but are playing elsewhere, none of them would relish laying a lick on Osh and his team. Will never happen. 

5 hours ago, Atomic said:

Hell of a player!  Could definitely be an impact signing but he hasn't played in awhile.

Agreed. He has decent size and speed but there were really only five plays in the video clip, so its hard to tell his whole tool box. Sitting out for a year usually doesn't produce a better player.

6 hours ago, Atomic said:

Hell of a player!  Could definitely be an impact signing but he hasn't played in awhile.

noooo dont hype him! That will just ensure he gets cut! :P

37 minutes ago, tracker said:

Agreed. He has decent size and speed but there were really only five plays in the video clip, so its hard to tell his whole tool box. Sitting out for a year usually doesn't produce a better player.

When i see a wr between 5'10 and 6'1 or so and with a good but not crazy 40 in the NFL for a while I have high expectations of their skill/talent levels. You know a guy with average size and good-average (4.40) speed has had to show some thing special to get to the nfl and stick that long. 

Just now, Nash00 said:

Resident Rams fan here - Givens is a good pickup for us. He can stretch the field well, had an excellent rookie season in St. Louis and then fell off once Sam Bradford got hurt (both times). He definitely isn't anything like Thorpe, he won't be a possession guy but will outrun coverage on the deep routes.

Don't we already have one of those?

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Personally, I feel like this doesn't apply to guys who are making $500 a week.

who are we to criticize a guy's decision to not continue making a near poverty wage in hopes of finding something better?

He quit on his brothers tho. Bombers seem like a big family.. He quit on them. Would i like to see him back? Sure. Do i think he will be? Probably not. 

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

He quit on his family. 500 bucks a week is better than what hes making now. 

You're saying a lot of stuff that would require you to be making a lot of assumptions. 

You assume that he quit this job without another job lined up. Not fair.