Game day thread: Ottawa QuarterBLACKS vs Bomber BYES

BigBlue

Game day thread: Ottawa QuarterBLACKS vs Bomber BYES

So we are all wondering what the defensive line is gonna look like but does it matter against a third string quarterback?

Time to shake off the rust from the bye week or shall we say the Bombers have all healed up from their little nicks. I doubt if they have forgotten how to play .... as much as the players may be chomping at the bit to get going,  I think we as fans are far more anxious than the players to see the game underway.

We are likely to see a defensive line that has 2 international defensive ends and one international defensive tackle. That means that Corney, Thomas and who knows who else will be platooning. I personally don't see many other changes. It will be interesting to see who gets the start, Knox or Santos Knox at linebacker. At safety Jones or Loffler ... maybe a little experimenting with where to put Loffler but probably not.

Other than that I think Michael O'Shea will be standing pat tonight - - and that feels like a habit - - if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Game day - Yahoo !!!!!

Edited by BigBlue

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

As has been posted before, our D will never allow us to blow anyone out, but we should win by at least a score tonight. Weather is the great evener for a 3rd string QB, tho... 

D and O both. Neither one is going to ever blow anyone out. Lapo gets a lead and it's all 2 yard passes and punts. 

It shouldn't be close but this team, at times, has shown a tendency to play down to an opponent's level.   Also, as 17to85 pointed out, Lapo doesn't keep the pedal to the metal  when they jump out big .. we get way too conservative.  For once, I'd love to see us keep the boots to an opponent when they are down.

Good run game by the Blue with average passing. 4 TDs (one from defense), 3 FGs and one Rouge . Red Blacks will be zzzzzzzz.... sawing logs tonight. They will get down field though with Lindley  pushing one major in. The rest will be a few FGs with our defense holding them up in the Red Zone.  38-16 Bombers is my prediction. (I have known to be wrong once or twice lol)

2 hours ago, Nolby said:

If it comes down to rb vs rb then we've got Ottawa crushed. I really don't see this game being close whatsoever. 42-13 Bombers

Not all that comfortable regarding any blow out - The Big Blue over the years had struggled when they should not have struggled against rookie QB's. There have been games where the Bomber Defense has made rookie QB's look like All Stars. I think logic would indicate a Bomber victory but I would not go so far as to say a blow out. 

Just when you think the Bombers should have an easy victory they tend to self destruct at times.

Just now, BBRT said:

Not all that comfortable regarding any blow out - The Big Blue over the years had struggled when they should not have struggled against rookie QB's. There have been games where the Bomber Defense has made rookie QB's look like All Stars. I think logic would indicate a Bomber victory but I would not go so far as to say a blow out. 

Just when you think the Bombers should have an easy victory they tend to self destruct at times.

the sins of the past don't seem to be attached to this team and its management tho, so far anyway..

*knocks on wood*

I just delivered mail to a hotel on pembina highway, walk in and there's a group of Red black fans standing in the lobby. I jokingly say "gonna be a tough game for you guys", they respond with a serious tone"not at all, we'll talk at the end of the game". Props on them for travelling with their team but I hope those guys are eating their words around 10pm tonight.

34 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

the sins of the past don't seem to be attached to this team and its management tho, so far anyway..

*knocks on wood*

I tend to agree with you - just do not see the big blow out that others seem to think will happen. I will be happen with a good performance by both sides of the ball with a comfortable win.