Game day thread: Ottawa QuarterBLACKS vs Bomber BYES

BigBlue

Even so, man I'ma say something that is not going to play well at all here, but we get to forget about the NHL cuz bomber football is the real deal.  Booyah.

I know, that's just a captain obvious statement, but man it just seems like it was only yesterday that the MO in Bomber land was once labor day and banjo bowl were over, Bomber football was over.  Now we're in a real race that can put the Jets on hold till January.

9 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Even so, man I'ma say something that is not going to play well at all here, but we get to forget about the NHL cuz bomber football is the real deal.  Booyah.

I know, that's just a captain obvious statement, but man it just seems like it was only yesterday that the MO in Bomber land was once labor day and banjo bowl were over, Bomber football was over.  Now we're in a real race that can put the Jets on hold till January.

Only morons felt like that....and they're not welcome here, IMO.... #KiddingNotKidding

37 minutes ago, Brandon said:

My guess is it is for the fans coming to the game....  it's Winnipeg.  Once a touch of rain hits the streets for some reason the city slows down to a crawl and you can add an additional 30 minutes for any drive around town. 

this is correct, and hilarious.

Manitobans drive full speed through blinding snow,  skating rink quality  ice, white out blizzards, but

RAIN ...... slow to a crawl.

We can't drive in rain.

lol winnipeg.

I do expect us to win and by a good margin. I do t look to the sins of past teams. That said, one look at our two games against Montreal and our one against BC will tell you that we definitely have played down to our opponent in recent history. 

Boy I don't know about that call on the UR on the sack on Matt Nichols.  I mean that flag there kinda disturbs me.

I am all for eliminating dirty hits especially to QBs and for at least letting defensive players know they will be punished for looking to take out an opposing QB.  But where does it end?

I mean last I checked, DLmen were paid to sack the QB, cleanly yes but ... I don't know I don't think that guy had any ill intent other than to do his job there.  Im concerned cuz if that shoe is on the other foot ... What are we gonna do?

5 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Boy I don't know about that call on the UR on the sack on Matt Nichols.  I mean that flag there kinda disturbs me.

I am all for eliminating dirty hits especially to QBs and for at least letting defensive players know they will be punished for looking to take out an opposing QB.  But where does it end?

I mean last I checked, DLmen were paid to sack the QB, cleanly yes but ... I don't know I don't think that guy had any ill intent other than to do his job there.  Im concerned cuz if that shoe is on the other foot ... What are we gonna do?

Snapped Nichols head pretty good so there was solid contact made.