Game day thread: Ottawa QuarterBLACKS vs Bomber BYES

BigBlue

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Sadly we're stuck dressing him until Mulumba decides he wants to play but man he is just BAD.

Our d-line still concerns me. Powell probably would have had 200 yards if the game was closer. Poop needs to get back in there, not sure what the hell is going on with that. We also lack that outside QB destroyer. Westerman had his moments but we really lack that big play guy on the outside that gets to/disrupts the QB with regularity.

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Our d-line still concerns me. Powell probably would have had 200 yards if the game was closer. Poop needs to get back in there, not sure what the hell is going on with that. We also lack that outside QB destroyer. Westerman had his moments but we really lack that big play guy on the outside that gets to/disrupts the QB with regularity.

What if I told you Westerman was one sack away from being tied for the sack lead in the CFL.. He was doing his job just fine!

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

What if I told you Westerman was one sack away from being tied for the sack lead in the CFL.. He was doing his job just fine!

Like i said Westerman has been alright but he tends to disappear for stretches and i'd wager he has many more penalty yards than sack/tackles for loss yards. I dont mind Westerman but i'd love a true difference maker on the outside ala Philip Hunt a few years back.

42 minutes ago, Mike said:

We didn't but good grief enough is enough already ... Okpalaugo is absolutely terrible. His get off is slow motion.

I did not notice him at all tonight.    

Imagine if Lindley had some pressure on him....  the guy was bouncing Brink like throws with no one in his face....

I did watch Hurl a bit tonight after his big whiff on a tackle...  the guy really does seem to be a few steps off on any run.   Is it him or is it the system?

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I liked how Davis ran out in front of Flanders and tried to block for him after the hand-off.  He totally just bounced off of some Ottawa guy.  I was surprised that Dunigan didn't make a comment as it was kind of funny.

That was fantastic... Nichols has thrown a couple of those out this year too... that's the kind of leadership that gets the rest of the team fired up.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Lindley is terrible. Don't understand why Marcel signed him, Did he not watch the Panthers/Cardinals 2015 playoff game?

Umm ... When your 2 starting QBs go down at this point in a season, you're not typically going to have too many other options.  Unless you think Brock Jensen had it.

6 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Well I think he's a bit tougher and has a bit more arm strength.  But they both coincidentally played for the Cardinals before coming up north 

Nobody can say Max Hall wasn't tough, the beat downs he took in the last half of 2013 were unbelievably brutal and yet he always got up and played on.

6 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Nobody can say Max Hall wasn't tough, the beat downs he took in the last half of 2013 were unbelievably brutal and yet he always got up and played on.

Better word maybe durable.  I mean maybe not Mike Reilly durable but just a bit less of a sitting duck if you will.  Lindley to me, as Matt Dunnigan pointed out is just too raw yet to grasp the nuances of the CFL.  If he's coachable and a coach is willing to invest in him, he may be able to get it.  But ... Gonna be tough to find a market outside of MTL and Hamilton.

40 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Better word maybe durable.  I mean maybe not Mike Reilly durable but just a bit less of a sitting duck if you will.  Lindley to me, as Matt Dunnigan pointed out is just too raw yet to grasp the nuances of the CFL.  If he's coachable and a coach is willing to invest in him, he may be able to get it.  But ... Gonna be tough to find a market outside of MTL and Hamilton.

He's 28. Why not just develop a younger qb?