THE MORNING AFTER...WITH COFFEE

Mr Dee

82944_EBA-_F5_CF-4_CFD-8568-1_F3_FA0_B61

?‍?Matt brought up a point when Harris scored a TD...then got hit after the fact. Player safety. If they're serious, that should have been a penalty

?‍?Noticed blocks by Lankford and Adams, Gudino and Flanders. Really, I can't remember when we had as capable blockers in our receivers..for the most part.

IMG_0833.jpg

?‍?If you're getting tackled by Leggett..you're getting tackled, he doesn't let go.

?‍?Well, I guess only Nichols can throw in the rain...pretty good performance.

?‍?Super quick Moe Leggett on the fumble..

?‍?Mug and catch anyways. Darrin Adams gets mugged, but refuses to  drop the ball.      Darvinism, at its best!

?‍?How valuable are those snaps for Dominique Davis?

?‍?7 catches 195 yards up and Adams!

?‍?Flanders - this double dual RB situation is awesome!

?‍?The ever innovative Justin Medlock. Always looking to make the right punt/kick. I seriously underestimated this guy when he wasn't a Bomber

?‍?Field position....Bombers. And if they didn't get it initially, they worked for it

?‍?Agree on O'Shea's yellow flagging that PI...to keep momentum, even though it didn't result in points. But then again, how would you know?

?‍?No way Lindley was going to beat us.

?‍?553 yards offence

?‍?Only 6 penalties for the clean Bombers, and the turnover battle was won again.

?‍?That Strike to Harris by DDavis..could have been a TD. 

?‍?Loffler is back...noticeably 

?‍?The secondary looked like...a secondary. Well, at least against a thirdary QB

?‍?Hurl with the hold, Jeffcoat with the strip...nice. Wouldn't be a stretch to say that was the play the Bombers needed to get going

?‍?LaPo really mixing things up in there. A nice variation in plays.

?‍?What's domination without a little Dom?

?‍?Dom - deserved that TD pass to Harris..that he dropped - cut Harris ?

?‍?What comes after a strong Harris run? A trail of defenders in his wake

?‍?Wow, that is some rain..?☔️

Sarah Orlesky - I've worked #CFL sidelines since 2008 and I've worked in the rain a lot. This is the worst I've ever been in.

Darrin Bauming - CFL stats correct/eliminate Matt Nichols' INT. He hasn't not thrown one at home in: 206 attempts, 321:00 of game-time, 21 quarters. #Bombers

Matt Nichols - "I told (Adams) walking in the hallway this week this was going to be the week to get him over the century mark."

?‍?And Adams produced "Darvinism"

Adams is now the CFL’s fourth-leading pass catcher, on pace for career highs in yardage (1,441) and touchdowns (9) - 3downnation 

Faith Ekakitie recorded his first career CFL tackle in the 2nd Q. ...It's a start.

?‍?Bomber's offence...methodical  

?‍?So, what if it wasn't raining? What then for total yardage?

"At one point in the third quarter, Maher had more punts (9), than Lindley had completions (8)." Ted Wyman

"The Bombers ran the football effectively, with Harris amassing 83 yards and Flanders another 55."

?‍?Did the Bombers even know it was pouring rain at times? They didn't play like it.

?‍?Whenever a Bomber makes a big play on D, I'm not surprised it's from Moe Leggett

?‍?The Flanders got to see their boy Timothy (don't call me Tim) play a great game and score a TD, for the first time in his pro career.

?‍?Ha. Jermarcus Hardrick.      O-lineman Jermarcus Hardrick, apparently wanting to one-up Harris, decided to forgo the leap he invented last year and simply walked up the stairs and into the stands for some love. Paul Friesen

?‍?Really like that receiver sweep featuring Lankford and the boys..

?‍?2/3 into the season..9-3

?‍?No rush? Or good offensive line play by Ottawa?

?‍?Bombers' up tempo pace is fun to watch

3downnation- The Bombers averaged a stunning 8 yards per 1st down play as they racked up 27 first downs and 513 yards of total offence

?‍?361 passing yards and another 192 yards on the ground. 

?‍?Love seeing all 3 QBs in the game

?‍?How 'bout that Nichols and his scrambling

?‍?Yesterday, for the W, could have meant Wind or Wetness, but the back-from-the-bye Bombers were not distracted. For the W, no matter what the W threw at them in that game.

?‍?Love how Denmark contributed..

?‍?Hit of the night? Thomas Miles on McDuffie I believe.

?‍?Santos-Knox..keeps looking like a player

?‍?Talk about focus with the Bomber receivers..

?‍?Talk about the drive by Harris and the elusiveness of Flanders. What a combo!

?‍?What do Andrew Harris, Timothy Flanders, Weston Dressler, Clarence Denmark, Ryan Lankford, Matt Nichols, and Dan LeFevour have in common? They all rushed in the game vs Ottawa.

?‍?Harris - only 31 yards behind league leader Jerome Messam. 3rd in league rushing. 

?‍?Speaking about Teague, he signed with the RedBlacks this week.

?‍?Matt Nichols is now 19 and 6 in his last 25 starts with a 70% completion rate, over 7,000 yards passing, and ten 300+ yards games. He also leads the league in TD passes this year with 24.

?‍?Ryan Lankford leads the CFL in kickoff returns with 1,107.

?‍?Justin Medlock has 39 field goals on the season so far... tops in the league and six more than 2nd place Rene Paredes.

IMG_0837.jpg

AND NOW IT'S TIME FOR A WELL DESERVED REST...

IMG_0834.jpg

Some thoughts I have had

1. All we heard about was how much talented the BC Calgary Eskimos offence and the talent Riders,receivers this offseason. The Bombers might not have the same talent but they play a better team game. Everyone buys in does there role and have become one the best we have seen in 10 years.

2. The Bombers offence system is really a game changer. Since inserting Flanders I would assume its become very difficult to game plane against them.  So many different looks you have account for in your preparation to play Harris and Flanders. Also you force teams to cover either one of them with their WIL or MLB and that is easy pickings for Nichols

3. Seeing Nichols make every throw in terrible conditions isa great sign as they go further on into the fall.  Full confidence if it's cold and snowing he will have no problems.

4. Darvin Adams is up there with the Walker Bowmans Arceneaux Burnham  Ellingson Green Roosevelt

5. #RandleIsland

6. MOS finally in year 4 has 44 MOS out there never seen a team take on the personality of their head coach more than this one. 

7. This may be the most fun I have had watching the Bombers mostly because of the players so much personality in a good way.

8. Winning is so much fun.

8 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Some thoughts I have had

1. All we heard about was how much talented the BC Calgary Eskimos offence and the talent Riders,receivers this offseason. The Bombers might not have the same talent but they play a better team game. Everyone buys in does there role and have become one the best we have seen in 10 years.

2. The Bombers offence system is really a game changer. Since inserting Flanders I would assume its become very difficult to game plane against them.  So many different looks you have account for in your preparation to play Harris and Flanders. Also you force teams to cover either one of them with their WIL or MLB and that is easy pickings for Nichols

3. Seeing Nichols make every throw in terrible conditions isa great sign as they go further on into the fall.  Full confidence if it's cold and snowing he will have no problems.

4. Darvin Adams is up there with the Walker Bowmans Arceneaux Burnham  Ellingson Green Roosevelt

5. #RandleIsland

6. MOS finally in year 4 has 44 MOS out there never seen a team take on the personality of their head coach more than this one. 

7. This may be the most fun I have had watching the Bombers mostly because of the players so much personality in a good way.

8. Winning is so much fun.

#NoHeathZone

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Next week up in Edmonton is going to be one tough game going against Reilly & the Esks receivers.  

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Our defense has to find a way to stop the Esks aerial circus.You know Reilly is going to chuck it deep at least a half dozen times  Just expecting his receivers to make circus catches. I must admit that scares me. 

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Our offense is great, it's our defense I worry about. 

There, there my dear fellow, ease up on the angst. Take a little time enjoy the victories and our position in the standings. 

Breathe..

Yes, the Eskimos can prove to be a tough opponent, but you have to realize that they must look ? to our team as being a formidable opponent as well.

Somewhere out there in Edmonton land is a squeekflex model 28 who is pointing out all the areas where the Eskimos should be worried about the Bombers...

It does work both ways...

Thomas Miles on McDuffie play made me ask. "Who is this guy, #52?" Turns out he's listed at LBr and from U of M. Had no idea he even existed. 

There are three guys that have stood out with plays in special teams at times during this year. Miles, Miller and Rush. 

Edited by Rod Black

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

There, there my dear fellow, ease up on the angst. Take a little time enjoy the victories and our position in the standings. 

Breathe..

Yes, the Eskimos can prove to be a tough opponent, but you have to realize that they must look ? to our team as being a formidable opponent as well.

Somewhere out there in Edmonton land is a squeekflex model 28 who is pointing out all the areas where the Eskimos should be worried about the Bombers...

It does work both ways...

LOL, thanks Dee. 

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Our defense has to find a way to stop the Esks aerial circus.You know Reilly is going to chuck it deep at least a half dozen times  Just expecting his receivers to make circus catches. I must admit that scares me. 

Key to beating Reilly is getting pressure on him so that his Hail Mary passes are not well located and his receivers can't bail him out.  If they can achieve that there should be a few interceptions to be had.  Playing Poop is a must.

On 23/09/2017 at 9:40 PM, Mr Dee said:

?‍?Noticed blocks by Lankford and Adams, Gudino and Flanders. Really, I can't remember when we had as capable blockers in our receivers..for the most part.

Gotta point out that Davis went out to throw a block when he was in the game as well, which I thought was awesome from a leadership perspective

?‍?Well, I guess only Nichols can throw in the rain...pretty good performance.

Don't forget Davis, he had that beautiful throw to Adams to get the team off of the goal line.

On 9/23/2017 at 9:40 PM, Mr Dee said:

?‍?Hit of the night? Thomas Miles on McDuffie I believe.

?‍?Talk about the drive by Harris and the elusiveness of Flanders. What a combo!

Loved that hit by Miles... he just grabbed McDuffie and drove him back about 7 or 8 yards... all hustle and strength from those Canadian LBs dominating special teams...

Some people were "concerned" about Flanders lining up as a slot back... AFAIC he played exactly the same role as previous, they just listed him at a different spot on the depth chart

Edited by bearpants

On 9/24/2017 at 11:17 AM, Rod Black said:

Thomas Miles on McDuffie play made me ask. "Who is this guy, #52?" Turns out he's listed at LBr and from U of M. Had no idea he even existed. 

There are three guys that have stood out with plays in special teams at times during this year. Miles, Miller and Rush. 

Miles actually started some games for the Argos at LB.  He's a good player.  Drafted in the same year as Jesse Briggs but a couple rounds later.  He could long-snap too but I'm not sure if he maintains that skill or not.  I was surprised when the Argos let him go but pleased that we picked him up right away.  Always good to have a hometown boy on the roster, even better when he is a really good player.  Definitely an O'Shea kinda guy.

Matt Nichols is now 19 and 6 in his last 25 starts with a 70% completion rate, over 7,000 yards passing, and ten 300+ yards games. He also leads the league in TD passes this year with 24.

What an absolute stud. Leading the league in QUAR by a healthy margin at 90.2 (Reilly is second at 84.1).

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

What an absolute stud. Leading the league in QUAR by a healthy margin at 90.2 (Reilly is second at 84.1).

He has absolutely blown away any expectations I (and im sure many others) for him this year.   I knew he had turned a corner last year but I really didn't expect him to be so on point.  I mean for running an "ultra-conservative" offense like Lapos, to be putting up the numbers he has.. its impressive.  his field smarts are next level and his arm and accuracy have really come around.  still lacks that deep ball touch at times but otherwise, I can't really think of a reason why he shouldn't be considered a top 1 or 2 QB in the league.

Just now, Booch said:

And it's nice to know that going into the off-season basically regardless how the season goes we are going into it set at QB...nor real worries and need to toss big bucks at any QB free agent like about 4 teams will be doing to drive up the price...

Yea great call.. I can't remember not having some feeling of "oh crap" going into the off-season at QB.. it will be a refreshing change to have that in back to back seasons lol.