Who has the better team: Calgary or Winnipeg?

BigBlue

More importantly can we beat the Stamps on  November 3rd & 19th?

Calgary finishes the regular season with  Montreal, Hamilton, Regina, Edmonton & us.

We have Edmonton,  Hamilton, Vancouver, Toronto, & Vancouver again before finishing with the Stamps.

I don't know if there are many scenarios where we finish in first ahead of Calgary but it is going to be fun to see us try. What do you think it will take?

11-1-1 = 23 points. 16-1-1 = 33 points max 

9-3 = 18 points. 15-3 = 30 points max. 

I dont see how we can make up those 3 points... I just dont.. Even if we win out.. Calgary would have to lose 2 probably 3 of their final 5. Dont see that happening. And i dont see us winning out either. 

Calgary has 1st. We look like we got 2nd. Sask probably comes here to play altho really... Theres some separation now between Calgary us and the rest now

Edited by Goalie

We're going to finish 2nd and Calgary 1st and it will come down to us doing our job at home and seeing how Calgary plays in the West final. They're really good but this is a year they can be had I think. BLM is garbage for his usual self, which still makes him good but he's not at the elite level he was last season.

I guess we could catch them and finish first but it seems unlikely to me, really unlikely.

23 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Stamps defence is leagues ahead of ours.

With the way our secondary has played of late, if we get poop back in the starting lineup I think its a lot closer then that. 

28 minutes ago, Goalie said:

11-1-1 = 23 points. 16-1-1 = 33 points max 

9-3 = 18 points. 15-3 = 30 points max. 

I dont see how we can make up those 3 points... I just dont.. Even if we win out.. Calgary would have to lose 2 probably 3 of their final 5. Dont see that happening. And i dont see us winning out either. 

Calgary has 1st. We look like we got 2nd. Sask probably comes here to play altho really... Theres some separation now between Calgary us and the rest now

Agree with this. We are fighting to lock up a home play off game. 

30 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Pretty much clinch a playoff spot with with 1 more win. Dont see calgary losing 2 more games.. They might lose to us but that very well could be a game between 2 teams who have already locked up a home playoff game. 

Imo, we allready have at worst the cross over spot. Not mathematically impossible that we miss. But would be pretty crazy. 

27 minutes ago, Booch said:

i'd rather get 2nd..get that home playoff game...fine tune our game and go into the finals without a 2 week break and in the zone truthfully

agree soo much with this. The week off is a huge trap. 

45 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

We'll finish second, probably host Edmonton, and likely play Calgary in Calgary for the Western Final. It's the CFL though and all it takes is a 3-game win-streak to win the cup.

Not sure about West playoffs...to me the bottom 3 is turning into a bit of a turtle race, could see any combo of them 3-4-5.

3 hours ago, BigBlue said:

More importantly can we beat the Stamps on  November 3rd & 19th?

Calgary finishes the regular season with  Montreal, Hamilton, Regina, Edmonton & us.

We have Edmonton,  Hamilton, Vancouver, Toronto, & Vancouver again before finishing with the Stamps.

I don't know if there are many scenarios where we finish in first ahead of Calgary but it is going to be fun to see us try. What do you think it will take?

Why do you start threads, ask questions then never give your opinions? Who do you think is better & why? Why do you or don't you think we can/ can't beat the Stamps? 

3 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Stamps defence is leagues ahead of ours.

Sure. But if you look at the positives, Heath & Randle can cover BLM's primary targets while Alexander and Walker are improving every game. Then you have the punishment of Loffler and the explosiveness of Mo. Considering that they're starting Hurl, they need to get Poop back on the field or Messam will run all over them. 

44 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why do you start threads, ask questions then never give your opinions? Who do you think is better & why? Why do you or don't you think we can/ can't beat the Stamps? 

I eventually get my opinion in but I am always interested in the wide range of the analysis not just loving what I think .... and I think the Stamps are showing signs of being vulnerable even though they just win, win, win .... they have a history of blowing the western final

7 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Sure. But if you look at the positives, Heath & Randle can cover BLM's primary targets while Alexander and Walker are improving every game. Then you have the punishment of Loffler and the explosiveness of Mo. Considering that they're starting Hurl, they need to get Poop back on the field or Messam will run all over them. 

I don't know. It was only two games ago that we got lit up by Riders. Yeah, we won handily, but we gave up 29 points and a ton of big plays. I think the Ottawa game has resulted in a bit of recency bias re: the effectiveness of our secondary.

I think we are the second best team in the league right now. And we might even be better than the Stamps on the strength of our offence. But our D has the potential to blow it for us, big time.

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I don't know. It was only two games ago that we got lit up by Riders. Yeah, we won handily, but we gave up 29 points and a ton of big plays. I think the Ottawa game has resulted in a bit of recency bias re: the effectiveness of our secondary.

I think we are the second best team in the league right now. And we might even be better than the Stamps on the strength of our offence. But our D has the potential to blow it for us, big time.

I don't disagree with that. If you look at some of the big plays vs. Riders you will see DBs cheating towards the line as if they were expecting a running play and might have to cover for someone. 

8 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

I eventually get my opinion in but I am always interested in the wide range of the analysis not just loving what I think .... and I think the Stamps are showing signs of being vulnerable even though they just win, win, win .... they have a history of blowing the western final

Not to mention the Grey Cup...