Who has the better team: Calgary or Winnipeg?

BigBlue

20 hours ago, Goalie said:

11-1-1 = 23 points. 16-1-1 = 33 points max 

9-3 = 18 points. 15-3 = 30 points max. 

I dont see how we can make up those 3 points... I just dont.. Even if we win out.. Calgary would have to lose 2 probably 3 of their final 5. Dont see that happening. And i dont see us winning out either. 

Calgary has 1st. We look like we got 2nd. Sask probably comes here to play altho really... Theres some separation now between Calgary us and the rest now

Both teams can’t win out, they play each other once. So if we win out and Calgary wins all but the game against us, then they get first by one point. So what we need is for one team to beat Calgary, and for us to win all our games. I think that team will be Sask. 

I'm not su

Just now, Blueandgold said:

We have arguably the two best players in the CFL this year with Matt Nichols and Andrew Harris. That can’t be discounted.

I'm not sure that will be enough. To me, the offense looks like it is short one receiver of the ability Dressler had last year, and our linebacking is sub-par, although Santos-Knox has played well in the past game or two. Its difficult to pick out a weakness in Calgary's lineup.

5 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

It's tough to beat a team that does not turn the ball over and is disciplined 

They didn't look disciplined against the Riders. They took a few stupid penalties.. But yes they don't typically turn the ball over a lot, they're defense is really good , ST's on par with us and can't count out Bo or Messam.. Just a really well balanced team. 

17 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

They didn't look disciplined against the Riders. They took a few stupid penalties.. But yes they don't typically turn the ball over a lot, they're defense is really good , ST's on par with us and can't count out Bo or Messam.. Just a really well balanced team. 

Pretty sure he was referring to us, not the Stamps.....

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Was not talking about the Stamps

our backup qb went in, threw a forty yard reception.

looked confident to me.

quite possible we have the best 1/2 qb in the league. Nichols playing better than reilly.  bo not that good. R.Ray, then nothing. B.C, has mr throw it up for grabs. etc.

just a few plays, but something else to be positive aboot.

Edited by Mark F

6 minutes ago, Mark F said:

our backup qb went in, threw a forty yard reception.

looked confident to me.

quite possible we have the best 1/2 qb in the league. Nichols playing better than reilly.  bo not that good. R.Ray, then nothing. B.C, has mr throw it up for grabs. etc.

just a few plays, but something else to be positive aboot.

I think Harris/Tate is the best 1/2, they just happen to both be injured...

Edited by O2L

I wouldn't mind seeing what happened to Winnipeg in 1992 and 2007 happen to Calgary this year, and Bo Levi go down near the end of the season and Calgary having to play a green-horn QB.  Even with a great team, losing your starter for a Sammy Garza/Ryan Dinwiddie/Andrew Buckley is pretty insurmountable.  About time this happened to Calgary instead of us.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I wouldn't mind seeing what happened to Winnipeg in 1992 and 2007 happen to Calgary this year, and Bo Levi go down near the end of the season and Calgary having to play a green-horn QB.  Even with a great team, losing your starter for a Sammy Garza/Ryan Dinwiddie/Andrew Buckley is pretty insurmountable.  About time this happened to Calgary instead of us.

I get that, but I'd rather see us go up against their #1 squad and just beat the ever loving **** out of them....

15 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Based off of 1 pass?    A little bit of a stretch at this point.    I'll take Reilly/Franklin as the best combo at this point.

Well he had a great pass to Harris that just got dropped that woulda made his limited reps look really impressive, but I think it's more a case of a lot of sad sack qb situations around the league right now due to injuries and what not. 

Glenn/Bridge looks pretty impressive right now.  Reilly/Franklin is obviously a good combo as well.

Andrew Buckley is still unproven but I wouldn't write him off.  He has played well when given a chance including going 10/10 in a pre-season game.  With BLM that is a good combo.

With Lulay going down, we have no idea what is behind Jennings.  Hamilton and Montreal's situations need not be considered.  In Toronto, Fajardo has a ways to go but I still believe in his potential.  Ottawa has been decimated so their 1/2 is a complete unknown right now.  I'd probably rank the QB situations like this at the moment:

EDM
SSK
CGY/WPG
TOR
BC
HAM
MTL
OTT

And that's not intended to be a slight on Davis, we just don't know enough about him yet to say definitively.

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Glenn/Bridge? **** off.......I would take Fever and Davis over those two!! Never mind the best QB in the league right now, in Nichols!

Sorry but that is big-time blue-coloured glasses.  Nichols is definitely near or at the top of the list for starters but Davis and LeFevour have done nothing noteworthy.  Bridge has played well and Glenn is right up there with Nichols as a starter this season.

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Kevin Glenn was pretty **** his last 2 outing so get that out of there.  What's Edmonton done of note lately? 

Maybe if we were only looking at the last 2 games but we're not.  Nichols was **** against Calgary too.  Head-to-head is the best indicator and Nichols and Glenn have been about equal, with Nichols obviously getting 2 wins to Glenn's 1.... so I give the edge to Nichols but as a backup Davis has proven nothing while Bridge has a win under his belt and some pretty good numbers as well.  Any other opinion is just homerism.

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Glenn/Bridge? **** off.......I would take Fever and Davis over those two!! Never mind the best QB in the league right now, in Nichols!

ya I have to agree.   bridge is way too much of a loose cannon to be considered a great backup.  Glenn is middle of the road no matter what his stats this season say as a starter.

I get hes having a borderline career year but he is still Kevin Glenn.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Based off of 1 pass?    A little bit of a stretch at this point.    I'll take Reilly/Franklin as the best combo at this point.

well, I said "might have"  :lol:

yeah, it's a bit of a stretch.

been drinking a lot of blue kool aid lately.

Edited by Mark F

51 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Glenn/Bridge looks pretty impressive right now.  Reilly/Franklin is obviously a good combo as well.

Andrew Buckley is still unproven but I wouldn't write him off.  He has played well when given a chance including going 10/10 in a pre-season game.  With BLM that is a good combo.

With Lulay going down, we have no idea what is behind Jennings.  Hamilton and Montreal's situations need not be considered.  In Toronto, Fajardo has a ways to go but I still believe in his potential.  Ottawa has been decimated so their 1/2 is a complete unknown right now.  I'd probably rank the QB situations like this at the moment:

EDM
SSK
CGY/WPG
TOR
BC
HAM
MTL
OTT

And that's not intended to be a slight on Davis, we just don't know enough about him yet to say definitively.

This list is horrendous lol

58 minutes ago, Atomic said:

EDM
SSK
CGY/WPG
TOR
BC
HAM
MTL
OTT

Wow... just... wow.  Thanks for a good morning laugh with my coffee.