Who has the better team: Calgary or Winnipeg?

BigBlue

28 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Sorry but that is big-time blue-coloured glasses.  Nichols is definitely near or at the top of the list for starters but Davis and LeFevour have done nothing noteworthy.  Bridge has played well and Glenn is right up there with Nichols as a starter this season.

Maybe if we were only looking at the last 2 games but we're not.  Nichols was **** against Calgary too.  Head-to-head is the best indicator and Nichols and Glenn have been about equal, with Nichols obviously getting 2 wins to Glenn's 1.... so I give the edge to Nichols but as a backup Davis has proven nothing while Bridge has a win under his belt and some pretty good numbers as well.  Any other opinion is just homerism.

LeFevour has a fever and the only cure is 3rd down gambles. The's guys been pretty clutch for us in that dept.  BUT FFS LAPO STOP LEAVING HIM IN TO BURN THE FOLLOWING 1ST DOWN  omfg i was saying to may dad at the game on fri aftewr he got the 1st down,  watch he'll be left in for 1st and 10 and get sweet f'all as he has all year, and sure enough exactly on queue

We have a top three starting QB, but if we lose Nichols, we're pretty much done. LeFevour's a glorified RB who can throw some. Great for 3rd downs but lousy as a starter. Who knows what we have in Davis? 

Edmonton has Reilly and Franklin. Likely the best situation of all the teams.

BC's already lost their best QB and Ottawa are currently on their 3rd string QB, otherwise they'd both would obviously have  better overall QB situations.

With Masoli running Hamilton's team now, you gotta give them props for having a good QB situation, even tho they don't have a good team. The #1 guy can't get the job done, the #2 guy does. 20-20 hindsight says they should have made the change earlier.

Glenn's outplayed Durant this year by a large margin and he's being paid way less too. I guess Jones is smarter than a bunch of you think he is. Bridge isn't anything special at this point in his career, but he can run their offense in a pinch. Better or worse than Davis? Who knows, cuz we haven't seen Davis do anything except throw a couple of passes in garbage time (The first one should have been a pick 6 BTW).

Calgary has an injured BLM (The best QB in the league IMO) who is still doing enough to win and a big question mark after that.

Toronto has a top four starting QB a 3rd down QB and a big question mark if Ray goes down. Pretty much the same place we are.

Montreal has a lousy starting and backup QB.

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

We have a top three starting QB, but if we lose Nichols, we're pretty much done. LeFevour's a glorified RB who can throw some. Great for 3rd downs but lousy as a starter. Who knows what we have in Davis? 

BC's already lost their best QB and Ottawa are currently on their 3rd string QB, otherwise they'd both would obviously have  better overall QB situations.

With Masoli running Hamilton's team now, you gotta give them props for having a good QB situation, even tho they don't have a good team. The #1 guy can't get the job done, the #2 guy does. 20-20 hindsight says they should have made the change earlier.

Glenn's outplayed Durant this year by a large margin and he's being paid way less too. I guess Jones is smarter than a bunch of you think he is. Bridge isn't anything special at this point in his career, but he can run their offense in a pinch. Better or worse than Davis? Who knows, cuz we haven't seen Davis do anything except throw a couple of passes in garbage time (The first one should have been a pick 6 BTW).

Calgary has an injured BLM (The best QB in the league IMO) who is still doing enough to win and a big question mark after that.

Toronto has a top four starting QB a 3rd down QB and a big question mark if Ray goes down. Pretty much the same place we are.

Id think our coaches and GM know what they have in Davis, hence his slotting in #2 spot (which you apparently didn't believe was accurate... and yet, who came out in garbage time?  Wasn't Lefevor)  as well as the fan base seems to have an inkling, what with how he looked in pre-season and training camp plus his limited reps last game..

he looked nervous but he also looked pretty decent on both those deep throws.

13 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.  

It's sad that some of the users here are too busy sucking each other off about how great the Bombers are to look at the quarterback situations throughout the league with an objective eye.  Pretty much par for the course for this site lately though.  Anyone who doesn't pay tribute to the Bombers gets insulted and ran off the site, so we have the same 5-10 users sitting around high-fiving each other and our absentee admins don't give a **** either way.

Edited by Atomic

23 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I think the Stamps come back to earth before the playoffs happen this year. They haven't been playing well on O for a few game know. I can see them losing to WPG once and to Edm or BC (teams capable of big plays). I can seethe last game of the year between CGY and WPG being for 1st place.

If you look at who is playing better Football. WPG is trending in the right direction in most categories where as CGY isn't. Their D is playing lights out no doubt. But that's about it.

TBH, I read this on lionbackers.com and don't know that it's true:

For the third time in the past 6 games, the Stampeders won without a touchdown pass from Bo Levi Mitchell. He's thrown 5 TDs and 5 INTs in that span.

It's their defense that's been carrying them but with the way our offense has been playing, I'm beginning to think we have a chance.

5 minutes ago, Atomic said:

It's sad that some of the users here are too busy sucking each other off about how great the Bombers are to look at the quarterback situations throughout the league with an objective eye.  Pretty much par for the course for this site lately though.  Anyone who doesn't pay tribute to the Bombers gets insulted and ran off the site, so we have the same 5-10 users sitting around high-fiving each other and our absentee admins don't give a **** either way.

I mean, don't hold back.. why don't you tell us how you really feel?   and you don't think this above line may have been just a tad much?

smh.

Edited by SPuDS

7 minutes ago, Atomic said:

You know that this is a fan website. Why so angry? Why go presidential on us? Relax. We all know the Bombers are not the best team right now but we all can see Calgary is not near the team this year as last and if the trends continue there might be an end to the drought. Also I don't do lollipops for your information not that is such a big deal but I guess it is an insult for you. 

18 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Id think our coaches and GM know what they have in Davis, hence his slotting in #2 spot (which you apparently didn't believe was accurate... and yet, who came out in garbage time?  Wasn't Lefevor)  as well as the fan base seems to have an inkling, what with how he looked in pre-season and training camp plus his limited reps last game..

he looked nervous but he also looked pretty decent on both those deep throws.

I corrected someone  who called LeFevour our #2 QB a couple of weeks ago, but don't let a little thing like the truth get in the way of the story you want to tell.

19 minutes ago, Atomic said:

giphy.gif

Hey Nichols is among the best in the league this year full stop. Yeah Davis hasn't shown much, but in both preseason and garbage time (again, not a lot to go on) he looked good, so really in a hypothetical situation where a bunch of qbs are hurt is it that crazy to say the Bombers might have the best qb situation? Glenn with a banged up hand and fall coming on and Bridge? Get ******, Reilly just throwing up hopes and prayers and Franklin? Hard to buy that. BLM and Buckley? Well Buckley is pretty much the same position as Davis for us and I'd argue Nichols has been better than BLM. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

I corrected someone  who called LeFevour our #2 QB a couple of weeks ago, but don't let a little thing like the truth get in the way of the story you want to tell.

if that was the case, my apologies.   I thought it was you saying "if Nichols goes down, we all know Lefevor is next up.." or some such.

Back to the topic at hand... my take:

Offense: Bomber consistently put up more yards and points...
Defense: there is no close 2nd to Calgary in the league right now...
Special Teams: They're probably better at returning (see Finch)... while we're probably better on coverage...

11 wins vs 9 wins and a 29-10 win suggests Calgary is currently the better team... but hopefully we can get to McMahon on Nov 18 and make a statement...

7 hours ago, Atomic said:

This is true.  I was thinking back to the 2011 season and how many users on the old forum thought the Bombers had the best import and QB depth in the league with Pierce, Elliott and Brink.:lol:  I even remember Bluto had that signature of the person who claimed it and how it was seconded by a bunch of other posters.  As it turned out, the 2011 season was a mirage and Joe Mack turned out to be a giant fraud as they are now finding out in Montreal with the lack of import talent there.

With that said, there is some good work being done here and Davis looks to have some tools.  The fever is a good third down option and is probably a better backup than the above-mentioned duds of yesteryear, not to mention Goltz, Boltus and Marve.  But as he has shown in the past, he is a turnover machine and not someone who can be relied on long term as a starter.  Assuming full health across the league, the Bombers backups would be ranked in the bottom half of the league based on the fever mediocre results of the past and Davis' unknown quality...sorry a handful of passes doesn't make him standout in any way.

Backups

1. BC - Lulay

2. Edmonton - Franklin

3. Hamilton - Massoli

4.  Ottawa - Tate

5 - 9 . Winnipeg - Davis, The fever, Saskatchewan - Bridge, Toronto - Fajardo, Montreal - Willy, Calgary - Buckley