What will it take to beat Edmonton?

BigBlue

Reilly keeps tossing those long bombs downfield and his receivers keep getting them. We need a really good rush to neutralize his throwing ability but he is harder to catch than a greased pig.

Edmonton's defence isn't all that bad either. It ranks up there with Toronto's D. I don't know what holes Lapo is going to have to find but I like what he's been doing so far against everybody.

It would not surprise me if special-teams turns out to be the difference in this game. I just don't think it's going to be easy... on O,  D   or special teams

So what will it take to beat Edmonton?

Edited by BigBlue

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

....if we score more points than them over 60, there can be no overtime.........

I'm allowing for the slim possibility we don't get there in 60 minutes .. more than one way to skin a cat my friend.

But so this thread is not completely derailed .. priority one is not letting Reilly extend plays with his legs.  I don't have a whole lot of faith in our back end outside Heath and Randle.  Yes .. Alexander and Walker showed well last game but those guys are still pretty green and Edmonton has the horses to make us pay if coverage breaks down (and they can do it in a hurry).  

We need to pick off some of those 50/50 balls. The score flattered Edmonton last time we played them because, even though guys were in position, we let them catch the big ones. We have a better lineup this week than we did then (in the secondary), but Edmonton also has better receivers this game. 

2 hours ago, O2L said:

We need to pick off some of those 50/50 balls. The score flattered Edmonton last time we played them because, even though guys were in position, we let them catch the big ones. We have a better lineup this week than we did then (in the secondary), but Edmonton also has better receivers this game. 

Or written a slightly different way, hope that the refs allow 50-50 balls to be played like they are 50-50 balls, rather than letting their receiver mug our DB and/or allow our DB to fight for a chance to pick the ball.