Bombers sign Zavian Bingham

holoman

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Is he any good..?

I could be mistaken but I think this is basically what happened -- he was looking like one of the best DBs in TC for the Riders, then he got an offer from the Ravens so the Riders released him, then he got hurt and the Riders didn't want to bring him back because he was also still looking towards NFL options, then he went to the Jets for a tryout, then the Cowboys, and now he's back here.

Keep in mind, we also wanted Bingham before the Riders signed him too but apparently the Riders managed to get him on their neg list before we did - I believe he attended a joint tryout.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

I could be mistaken but I think this is basically what happened -- he was looking like one of the best DBs in TC for the Riders, then he got an offer from the Ravens so the Riders released him, then he got hurt and the Riders didn't want to bring him back because he was also still looking towards NFL options, then he went to the Jets for a tryout, then the Cowboys, and now he's back here.

Keep in mind, we also wanted Bingham before the Riders signed him too but apparently the Riders managed to get him on their neg list before we did - I believe he attended a joint tryout.

Awesome! I see he's also a 4.3 man. Lots of speed. I just looked up an interview of him before the NFL draft.. Guess who he said was the toughest player he ever played against..? Current CFL reciever Duke Williams!

Good. Now  they can get that ugly green off his profile picture and replace it with the classiest uniform in the league. Signing Zavian Bingham  means we can put a little 'Zing' in the secondary. I think he's only 23. Nope, 24

After he put out that twitter, this was one response:

Edited by Mr Dee

21 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Good. Now  they can get that ugly green off his profile picture and replace it with the classiest uniform in the league. Signing Zavian Bingham  means we can put a little 'Zing' in the secondary. I think he's only 23. Nope, 24

After he put out that twitter, this was one response:

Endorsement from a highschool history teacher - kind of a big deal. 

I'm ok with this move. From many early reports,  Bingham had a good camp for the riders,  got a last min invite with the Ravens (I believe) then got hurt. I'm not expecting a lot or an immediate impact from him, but ABC (anyone but carmichael).  Still would have prefered someone like Grymes or Foster but at 23 or 24 and potential,  Bingham could be a gooder done the road for us

Walker and Alexander have both looked promising and have been improving with game experience so I don't think either will be replaced immediately and there are currently 4 other DB's on the PR, 2 Natls. and 2 imports.  Contract has not been registered yet but with this signing fare to say either Darnell Walker or Robert Porter will soon be on the street.

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Also, in the wake of Dress being out: 

@DarrinBauming
#Bombers add 6'0" 204lb Int WR Garry Brown to the practice roster. Weston Dressler will reportedly miss some games with an upper-body injury

If this is the same guy he's got some wheels on him.  Looks like he's fast,  has good hands and can return kicks