Bombers at Shmoes GDT

Nolby

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Ah porter draws in - so foketi and him should sit?

poop and Nevis in the middle?

The depth chart has jake starting at DT again, also only has us with 5 wrs.  JFG, adams, denny, lankford, and coates. Obviously flanders / harris will move in and around slot spots. But man i dont like that lack of depth at wr. Football gods help us if a wr goes down. Or harris. 

The depth chart has us carrying 8 ol, so im sure foketi will be one of the 2 scratches. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

The depth chart has jake starting at DT again, also only has us with 5 wrs.  JFG, adams, denny, lankford, and coates. Obviously flanders / harris will move in and around slot spots. But man i dont like that lack of depth at wr. Football gods help us if a wr goes down. Or harris. 

The depth chart has us carrying 8 ol, so im sure foketi will be one of the 2 scratches. 

Poop not on there?

13 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Poop not on there?

Hes listed on the roster but isnt starting. 

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2017/09/Depth-at-Edmonton-Sept-30-UPDATED.pdf

^ good guys

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2017/09/Roster-Depth-Chart-BB-2.pdf

^ green guys

Edited by wbbfan

25 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I don't understand this at all...  Why do you need Porter and Fogg as DIs - unless someone's nicked up

We seldom make good use of the DI spots on off or def. 

4 minutes ago, Mark F said:

good discussion on OB pregame about the Bombes D line ..... not many sacks or pressures this season.

They've changed D lineman quite a bit. Maybe it's not the players.

The scheme is no question a good part of the blame. Weve seen tons and tons of talent on the DL over the last 2 years to till production.

Id rather see poop + jake then jake and nevis. But ideally wed have all 3 again. The best our DL has looked has been when we had all 3. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

We seldom make good use of the DI spots on off or def. 

The scheme is no question a good part of the blame. Weve seen tons and tons of talent on the DL over the last 2 years to till production.

Id rather see poop + jake then jake and nevis. But ideally wed have all 3 again. The best our DL has looked has been when we had all 3. 

Doug mentioned that Richard Harris got everything a player had out of his D lineman.

Just now, Mark F said:

Doug mentioned that Richard Harris got everything a player had out of his D lineman.

No doubt about that. Weve seen great singular efforts this year from each of the DL men. But few have consistently performed, and none have reached near their potential.  Talent isnt a problem. Getting the right guys on the field some times is, scheme certainly is. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It seems like they are trying to decide between Poop and Nevis but to me, the key is both Poop AND Nevis being in there... 

agree.  Id rather see us move jake to the end, or start corney and rotate jake to get another imp in opposite jeffcoat. 

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Why can't you believe it? What were you expecting?

I'm too much of a nationalist, for sure, but I find that Americans, especially ones from the south, are almost unintelligible sometimes. And a lot of y'know.... Awwwmmmmm.... Y'know.... 

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Why can't you believe it? What were you expecting?

Football players, amongst other athletes far far too often fall into riding cliches into the dirt during interviews. When one is well spoken and legitimately intelligent it is a surprise.  They are among the top few percentile in terms of athletic ability, to then also be in a high percentile intelligently really puts them in rarefied air.