Bombers at Shmoes GDT

Nolby

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

For the record...

@Ted_Wyman  3m3 minutes ago
#Bombers have five games left and need two wins to secure home playoff game. Or losses by #Esks and #Riders.

And Lions.  Bit more complicated scenario with playing them twice  (simple win the damn games I guess) but basically magic number of two for them as well.

47 minutes ago, Floyd said:

We just killed the Eskies...  like I can't see this team recovering from that loss.  Its in Reilly's head now.

I thought Maas was gonna puke. :lol:

Edited by J5V
Spelling

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Montreal winning that one would be so amazing.  Gotta wonder how hot Maas' seat is.  Are they just going to lose their way from 7-0 to 5th in the West or try to light a fire there by firing him.

it's been funny because i think the prevailing narrative gives him some breathing room.. but the esks did not look elite tonight. playcalling was sluggish and it was almost like the team was going through the motions like a 13-5 stamps club biting it in the playoffs. goddamn, bombers looked coached up in comparison. it hasn't been like that every week but i'm loving it tonight.

1 minute ago, sic2et2non said:

it's been funny because i think the prevailing narrative gives him some breathing room.. but the esks did not look elite tonight. playcalling was sluggish and it was almost like the team was going through the motions like a 13-5 stamps club biting it in the playoffs. goddamn, bombers looked coached up in comparison. it hasn't been like that every week but i'm loving it tonight.

They were ready to play. I'm glad for Medlock we didn't lose this game. He'll be fired up for Hamilton. 

I thought Maas was relatively calm this game. The only thing I thought was he looked like he was gonna cry after randle broke up that 3rd down pass to seal the game. I seen a few teary eyes in my day,  and those eyes looked about as wet as a rider fans panties at a family reunion

27 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You know Medlock will turn it around.....ST and O aren't question marks. If D keeps growing.....man oh man. Sky's the limit. This team just took down an Esks roster that is as talented as anyone.....watch out. These guys are for real.

And Edmonton wanted this game so very badly. Reilly with all his heroics and that Zylstra is a hand full. Still we hung tough FORT HEW!

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

I thought Maas was relatively calm this game. The only thing I thought was he looked like he was gonna cry after randle broke up that 3rd down pass to seal the game. I seen a few teary eyes in my day,  and those eyes looked about as wet as a rider fans panties at a family reunion

I bet he was told to hold it together or else. He's Ed Hervey's guy, not Brock Sunderland's. 

22 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

DBs played Edmonton receivers a lot more aggressively and it seemed like the Edmonton receivers were stunned to a certain extent.  Like they thought the game would be a lot easier for them.

I thought for sure we were going to get scewed on Maas' challenge but nope, officials got it right, unlike the trapped-ball catch earlier in the game.

24 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Big win.  And could have been much bigger, 9 points Medlock left out there (granted one was from midfield) and a TD bomb Denmark dropped.  Easily could have scored another 15.

Yeah Denny's gotta make that catch. Had both hands on it. 

10 minutes ago, J5V said:

I thought for sure we were going to get scewed on Maas' challenge but nope, officials got it right, unlike the trapped-ball catch earlier in the game.

I wasn't worried about the challenge until they showed they little grab of the front of the jersey, I thought that might be enough for them to justify the call. Luckily, looks like Williams push-offs have now lost him the benefit of the doubt. 

also: probably just the observation of a long-suffering bombers fan but i've noticed the last few games that nichols is playing with authority and never seems to have happy feet, if he gets flushed and throws it away it's a clean play. when i was in elementary school and dunigan was doing that (and sammy garza was making me cry), and a couple of years of khari, is the last time i can remember this immense feeling of ease for a few games in a row. anybody wanna bask in it with me??