CFL Toss Up of the Week: Regina at Toronto

BigBlue

Both Regina and Toronto are coming off come-from-behind victories. Of the 2 teams I don't know which is the better bet.

They both have good defences and inconsistent but explosive offences. Ricky Ray is the old pro; Kevin Glenn has that quick release. Regina's receiving core was one of the best but the injury bug has struck. Toronto's running back had a 200 yard game a week ago but then disappeared this weekend.

So does it come down to Marc Trestman versus Chris Jones? Maybe the edge goes to home field advantage.

I can't make up my mind what I think. I'm not sure which team has more momentum.

6 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Both Regina and Toronto are coming off come-from-behind victories. Of the 2 teams I don't know which is the better bet.

They both have good defences and inconsistent but explosive offences. Ricky Ray is the old pro; Kevin Glenn has that quick release. Regina's receiving core was one of the best but the injury bug has struck. Toronto's running back had a 200 yard game a week ago but then disappeared this weekend.

So does it come down to Marc Trestman versus Chris Jones? Maybe the edge goes to home field advantage.

I can't make up my mind what I think. I'm not sure which team has more momentum.

C'mon. Take a stand. Not sure???? LOL!

Hamilton is next up for the Bombers. We're 10-3. They're 3-10. You know, if you reverse the numbers we'd be 3-10 & they'd be 10-3 which is concerning . That actually blows my mind, man. Kind of freaky. They have a qb. We have a qb. Matter of fact, both teams have the same number of players playing the same positions. The coaches do the same jobs too. As far as the next game goes, I can't make up my mind. I'm not sure which team has more momentum. 

One thing I do know is that I am not dissing Chris Jones now, like I was at the beginning of the season. Now I have not quite got to the point of respect - I can't  quite get myself there, at least so far

The truth is Jones is actually building a football club and probably needs one more year to make it a full competitor. The disdain I was giving him is just about gone but I am not expecting most posters on this site to quit ridiculing Mr. Jones.

Excuse me while I get my combat helmet.

Edited by BigBlue

Chris Jones is both a goon and a prima-donna, and it shows in the personality of his team.   Personal preference aside the score against Calgary flattered the Riders, and they barely beat a hobbled RedBlacks team that the Bombers handily kicked to the curb.

Toronto over Sask and it shouldn't even be close, especially if the weather is not to KG's liking!

Really hard call - I am starting to come around to Chris Jones - just not there yet. After Toronto's come from behind victory over the Tiger Cats I wonder if they will be down a little? Hard to say but I believe the Riders will prevail.

On 10/1/2017 at 9:27 AM, BBRT said:

Really hard call - I am starting to come around to Chris Jones - just not there yet. After Toronto's come from behind victory over the Tiger Cats I wonder if they will be down a little? Hard to say but I believe the Riders will prevail.

Why would they be down after a big come from behind victory?

Trestman is quietly doing a very good job in Toronto and turning around what was a complete gong show just a short while ago. We can't look past that team on the 21st which is why I'll be there sitting with Bluto (if I can find him). I'll be wearing my Bomber jersey to show him what beautiful colours blue and gold are. 

4 hours ago, J5V said:

Trestman is quietly doing a very good job in Toronto and turning around what was a complete gong show just a short while ago. We can't look past that team on the 21st which is why I'll be there sitting with Bluto (if I can find him). I'll be wearing my Bomber jersey to show him what beautiful colours blue and gold are. 

Considering the dearth of talent Trestman inherited along with a brittle quarterback, he has done very well indeed.

23 hours ago, SPuDS said:

this post makes me feel dirty.. 2 bomber fans saying that they are starting to come around on Chris Jones and that hes doing positive stuff in riderville? 

dafuq is wrong with you people.

I too thought maybe I should come around on Jones. Then I took my virtual Harley and drove to hell to see if there might be some frost on the edges.  Well Jones, bad news,  You're still a feaking jerk in my books. And... the next time you go to Ottawa, keep your  ego  a$$ out of the Speaker's chair.  You look like a baffoon in there.

19 minutes ago, tracker said:

Considering the dearth of talent Trestman inherited along with a brittle quarterback, he has done very well indeed.

Yeah it's actually pretty incredible that the Argos went from being a total gongshow and not having a GM at the opening of CFL free agency to being the top team in the East (as weak as that division may be).

7 hours ago, J5V said:

I'm easy to find. South endzone, looking past the left post, name on jersey.

I think we win this week... but we'll find a way to make it look sketchy.