Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

27 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Knights arent good tho. They probably will crash hard soon. The talent outside of James Neal just isnt there. 

They'll come back to earth... but its a sad commentary on Buffalo and Arizona's rebuilds... probably Boston's too

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/21064026/nhl-patrik-laine-nearing-teemu-selanne-status-native-finland

At age 19, he's already become a fixture in his native Finland, with national media covering everything from his hairstyle to his girlfriend to the kind of car he drives. But he's not a heartthrob actor or soulful pop star or even a doe-eyed Instagram model. He's Patrik Laine, one of the NHL's top young scorers.

When it comes to all the attention the Winnipeg Jets winger has garnered in his homeland in such a short time, Laine just doesn't get it.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Kulikov has been fine.  Im more concerned about Myers who hasnt looked very good at time. 

im willing to give him a long leash as he gets his legs and game back.  hes been speedy and quick in the offensive zone... defensively, not so much.

I seem to think he was always more considered for his offensive skill set anyway tho.

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Oh boy 

God Maurice sucks. Chiarot is Stu 2.0. Poolman has shown good puck moving ability and control. Chiarot just repeatedly bangs everything off the glass and out causing us to get hemmed in our end

Edited by Judd

Chiarot isn’t terrible. He’s a good 7th D and has played well. 

As far as what side they play, some D men have an absolutely preference. Others prefer off side. Some don’t care. 

Poolman played both. Was he so bad on his off side that they’d prefer to start a lesser talent? I don’t think so. 

Speaking of D

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

As far as what side they play, some D men have an absolutely preference. Others prefer off side. Some don’t care. 

Poolman played both. Was he so bad on his off side that they’d prefer to start a lesser talent? I don’t think so. 

Speaking of D

was it a clean hit? I vaguely remember hearing it during the play by play on the radio.. but nothing beyond "what a big hit.." type response.

48 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Speaking of D

Wait, didnt he come back to play after the hit?

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Why not a 3rd Pair of Poolman Chiarot.. Oh wait that would require removing a vet. Maurice won't do that. 

Why not just keep Chiarot in the press box until someone's hurt...  Poolman was absolutely not our worst Dman last game

Myers, Enstrom, Trouba were all making absolutely awful decisions