Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

Friedman 

10. Don’t have any problem with Dustin Byfuglien telling Winnipeg reporters, “I think I should be out there. I would rather play big minutes than sit there” 24 hours after the Jets beat Buffalo last Friday. For one thing, all great players should want to play. For another, he didn’t do it after the win, but waited until the next day. (I still have my 1979 copy of Sittler at Centre, where he rips players who complain after a victory.) 

But this is a story to watch. Byfuglien played 17:53 that night and 18:48 Sunday against San Jose. His 2017–18 average is 23:23. In those games, Tyler Myers went 23:43 and 20:32, Jacob Trouba 21:18 and 22:01. Until the Jets know Trouba’s future, I can’t see them moving Byfuglien, but this road has a lot of potential paths.

Looks like some of the Sabre players have figured out Kane, he is a very good player and he's not sacred to tell you that and that rubs some people the wrong way, his days are numbered in Buffalo he leaves as a free agent or they try and get what they can by the deadline or maybe even before that.  Chevy absolutely fleeced the Sabres on that trade Bogo can't stay healthy and Kanes  not a team player to say at the very least.

And a mere 2 months ago...

https://tipofthetower.com/2017/10/20/buffalo-sabres-evander-kane-needs-to-stay/

One of the few brights spots has been the form of Evander Kane, who leads the team in goals and overall points. He’s working as hard as ever and is doing his best to inspire his teammates to greater heights.

However, just as important, Kane is now showing more maturity, and not just in staying away from trouble off the ice. He also appears to be evolving into a leader, serving as a mentor to the younger players.

In this respect, the overriding sentiment is Kane’s teammates enjoy having him around. In particular, Jack Eichel has formed a close friendship with him and we know how much the Sabres want to keep that guy happy

Something tells me that Evander Kane didn't take the loss to his former team very well. I mean even Buff never punched him

Also from what I understand Bogo got injured during practice and apparently Falk thinks Kane doesn't care. Hope he's okay though

Edited by iHeart

17 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Something tells me that Evander Kane didn't take the loss to his former team very well. I mean even Buff never punched him

Also from what I understand Bogo got injured during practice and apparently Falk thinks Kane doesn't care. Hope he's okay though

Maybe Kane thinks Bogo is faking so he can just sit out the rest of the season...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Surprised only 2 reps.......no Ehlers or Laine is really odd...

yeah I'm surprised Ehlers wasn't called in he got a hatty too and so did Scheif but he's injured right now anyway so that doesn't really matter. They probably saw that Laine hasn't performed at the same level as last season. That may be so but to me as long as he is scoring he is not in a sophomore slump

https://www.tsn.ca/boeser-matthews-among-nhl-all-stars-1.964474

FULL ALL-STAR ROSTERS (Number of All-Star Games)

ATLANTIC DIVISION: F Aleksander Barkov, FLA (1st), F Jack Eichel, BUF (1st), F Nikita Kucherov, TBL (2nd), F Brad Marchand, BOS (2nd), F Auston Matthews, TOR (2nd), F Steven Stamkos, TBL (5th), D Mike Green, DET (2nd), D Victor Hedman, TBL (2nd), D Erik Karlsson, OTT (5th), G Carey Price, MTL (6th) and G Andrei Vasilevskiy, TBL (1st)

METROPOLITAN DIVISION: F Josh Bailey, NYI (1st), F Sidney Crosby, PIT (3rd), F Claude Giroux, PHI (5th), F Taylor Hall, NJD (3rd), F Alex Ovechkin, WSH (7th), F John Tavares, NYI (5th), D Noah Hanifin, CAR (1st), D Seth Jones, CBJ (2nd), D Kris Letang, PIT (4th), G Braden Holtby, WSH (3rd) and G Henrik Lundqvist, NYR (4th)

CENTRAL DIVISION: F Patrick Kane, CHI (7th), F Nathan MacKinnon, COL (2nd), F Brayden Schenn, STL (1st), F Tyler Seguin, DAL (5th), F Eric Staal, MIN (5th), F Blake Wheeler, WPG (1st), D John Klingberg, DAL (1st), D Alex Pietrangelo, STL (1st), D P.K. Subban, NSH (3rd), G Connor Hellebuyck, WPG (1st) and G Pekka Rinne, NSH (2nd)

PACIFIC DIVISION: F Brock Boeser, VAN (1st), F Johnny Gaudreau, CGY (4th), F Anze Kopitar, LAK (4th), F Connor McDavid, EDM (2nd), F James Neal, VGK (3rd), F Rickard Rakell, ANA (1st), D Brent Burns, SJS (5th), D Drew Doughty, LAK (4th), D Oliver Ekman-Larsson, ARI (2nd), G Marc-Andre Fleury, VGK (3rd) and G Jonathan Quick, LAK (3rd)