Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Who are you using as comparables?

Well.. Guys in his draft year specifically Reilly and Lindholm... Lindholm is a good comparable.. Good Defensive D man but not a ton of points... Signed for about 5.75 long term. I dont see 7 or 8 years with Jake.. I think 6 x 6 gets it done. 

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Well.. Guys in his draft year specifically Reilly and Lindholm... Lindholm is a good comparable.. Good Defensive D man but not a ton of points... Signed for about 5.75 long term. I dont see 7 or 8 years with Jake.. I think 6 x 6 gets it done. 

If 6x6 gets it done, Chevy would have made that deal last year...

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Lindholm signed over a year ago before the cap went up. The Ducks only bought what 2 or 3 years of UFA status? The Jets will need to buy 7 years if they go the max. Plus, the cap is going up.

Rielly also signed almost two years ago. Again, TO only bought a 2 or 3 years of UFA status. And, cap going up...

If the Jets can get him on an 8-year deal, it will cost $7M. If they go for 6 years, then maybe it goes down.

26 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Hes not. Thats elite D money.. Hes a good player but hes not 7 million a year long term. Look at his comparable players and what they all signed for. 

He will easily get that on the open market.  not a doubt in my mind.

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The problem with those guys is their deals include more RFA years than Trouba's will.   They may be comparable in terms of player, but the contract they are signing is not comparable.  Those contracts include two more RFA years than Trouba would be signing for.  Have to pay more if you are extending further into UFA years is typically the trend on how it goes.

Last night was the last straw for Smith, in terms of play he was brutal and has been for some time now, as for Trouba you got 2 elite d-man coming up for contracts after next year and the ask is going to start at 10mil. plus, so Trouba  while not elite will definitely get more than 6 maybe not from the Jets though.

Edited by bustamente