Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

1 hour ago, Tony Fresco said:

I believe they wanted to protect against losing Josh Anderson.  Young physical winger, but I'm guessing he tops out as a 3rd liner.  No logic at all.

Sure with the benefit of hindsight it looks really bad but let's not pretend anybody saw William Karlsson breaking out like this.  He was a fourth line player last year.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

I honestly don't think that's such a great return.  They are without a doubt a worse team now and aside from the late first rounder and a decent prospect in Gustavsson they haven't done too much for their future.  Gaborik with 3 more years on a 4M+ contract isn't a great asset either.

They still have Ryan's contract anchoring them down. Then, they're going to have to unload Karlsson at a reduced price.

Although, getting rid of Phaneuf is a good move at any price.

Quebec City is going to inherit a mess of a franchise.

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

They still have Ryan's contract anchoring them down. Then, they're going to have to unload Karlsson at a reduced price.

Although, getting rid of Phaneuf is a good move at any price.

Quebec City is going to inherit a mess of a franchise.

Not to mention trading a potential stud for that bum Burrows.  Giving up on Zibanjed.   Karlsson heading out the door.  Just a trash heap. 

17 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Here on TSN 1260 in Edmonton they just mentioned Roslovic for Maroon would be a fair return ???

County fair?  Maybe they meant they would also throw in the return fare?  The Maroon should get Eric Fehr in return ?

Let's see.  By 2020 one projects to be an emerging 2nd line center and one projects to be a 4th line winger.  That seems pretty fair.

10 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

hahahahaha

Is all Edmonton media that bad?  I saw, I think Edmonton Sun, putting over their GM for his great moves.

They’ve been desperate for a weeks and weeks for anything remotely interesting to talk about.  Sure the Oilers need players but they have almost nothing of value that they’d even consider trading.  

The painful truth the media here never mentions is that every front office that’s come through here has kept the same brutal scouting staff for decades.  I’m not remotely an Oilers fan but it’s hard not to see the real problem here.