Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Nothing new here - Below average management team with a below average team talent level playing in the worse arena in the NHL. However bringing in a new coach will put a few more bums in the seats and give the flames fans some hope (faint at best).

13 hours ago, Atomic said:

The Flames actually have some really good young forward talent but they just haven't been able to put it all together.  Their defense is sub standard.  They need a top 4 d man and a veteran guy like Hendricks who can be a leader.

Imo they need more depth at forward. I think they were bottom five in the league in goals. Gaudreau is elite, Monahan & Tkachuk are good, Backlund is decent, and that's about it. Ferland's not bad, but he got 20 goals mostly b/c they let him play with Gaudreau.

Flames don't need very much... something must have happened in that locker room for this year's collapse

If Hamonic is healthy, they have a good D - Andersson will be really good very soon

A couple depth signings this FA...  Grabner and Eller?  and they really can't let Backlund walk 

Oh - and bring back Darryl Sutter.  I miss his interviews.

Edited by Floyd

and the Wild have fired their GM.....you know I used to have a joke that went. MTS Center: Where coaching careers or Winning streaks come to die (because I recall that some coaches of teams we played against were usually fired the next day, heck I think Carlyle was one of those people)

Edited by iHeart