Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

Heigh-Ho Heigh-Ho it's back to wherever they go now because they don't have an AHL team yet

how is it that the Vegas GK's have an outstanding start and somehow they are putting players in trades and waivers left and right?

Edited by iHeart

19 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Dansk injured - hutch for 3rd round?

Depends how long VGK's goalies are out I guess.  3rd rounder for Hutch is a massive overpayment so I'd think that only happens if Fleury/Subban/Dansk aren't going to be back for an extended period.  Otherwise you just tough it out for a few games with the noob.

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im not sure why some assume his dressing up as Trump is some sort of show of support.  And even if it is, his politics are his business (although to be fair, if he publicly gets political, then its fair game).  I think it was just a costume.  lol

Are people complaining about this?  Its Halloween.   Dressing up as a "Jason" or "Freddy" doesn't mean you support serial killers.   What about Alec Baldwin who "dresses" up as Trump almost every week.....

39 minutes ago, Rich said:

Are people complaining about this?  Its Halloween.   Dressing up as a "Jason" or "Freddy" doesn't mean you support serial killers.   What about Alec Baldwin who "dresses" up as Trump almost every week.....

1290 covered it briefly yesterday and said people were upset by it.  I havent seen direct evidence of it but assume the 1290 guys had seen some chatter.  Maybe local to Edmonton. 

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

1290 covered it briefly yesterday and said people were upset by it.  I havent seen direct evidence of it but assume the 1290 guys had seen some chatter.  Maybe local to Edmonton. 

Twitter blew up....people were really upset. What's funny is that Alberta has a LOT of Trump supporters, especially in rural areas. 

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Who gives a F about what people on twitter think...   I remember Halloweens where people dressed up as OJ and no one cared. 

I worked at a bar for years so Halloween was always fun.  I think the only costume that bugged me was Steve Irwin with a stingray sticking out of him.  I thought it was in poor taste with no comedic value.  But yeah..I agree.  Its Halloween.  Dressing up in a stupid manner is part of the deal.

to be honest, I would be more bothered if one of the Jets dressed like Trump, but either way no matter what if anyone dressed like him they would get backlash

But Noeller has a bit of a point, Trump probably does count as a scary costume.

Edited by iHeart

Lots of chatter on social media about Quebec.  I guess the news is a sale of the Hurricanes that would have kept them in Carolina has fallen through.  You look at photos of attendance there and in Florida and its bad.  At some point the Hurricanes ownership is going to want to broaden their sale options.  Quebec is the softest landing spot.  I think enough time has passed since the Thrashers relocation that the NHL could demand a very high relocation fee and Quebec would pay it (it would be lower than an expansion fee).

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Lots of chatter on social media about Quebec.  I guess the news is a sale of the Hurricanes that would have kept them in Carolina has fallen through.  You look at photos of attendance there and in Florida and its bad.  At some point the Hurricanes ownership is going to want to broaden their sale options.  Quebec is the softest landing spot.  I think enough time has passed since the Thrashers relocation that the NHL could demand a very high relocation fee and Quebec would pay it (it would be lower than an expansion fee).

Houston Hurricanes

Name works.