NHL Injury Watch 2017/18 season

iHeart

On 10/17/2017 at 1:26 PM, Judd said:

They're not. And he's not even going to dress. But Lemieux has been doing pretty good so far. 3G.2A in 4 games. He may become a good 4th liner one day.

Is that his ceiling for his pro career or just looking at it as breaking into the league as a rookie?  

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Is that his ceiling for his pro career or just looking at it as breaking into the league as a rookie?  

His cieling was always projected as a really good 4th liner...and maybe a 3rd liner if he over-achieved.  The hope is he's not just an interchangeable 4th liner but a really effective one.

On 20/10/2017 at 1:25 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

His cieling was always projected as a really good 4th liner...and maybe a 3rd liner if he over-achieved.  The hope is he's not just an interchangeable 4th liner but a really effective one.

If he's like his old man he'll grind all year on the third line not doing much and then get 30 pts in the playoffs. Claude always had that extra playoff gear. Like John Druce John Tonelli and Dougie Risebrough.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

8 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

If he's like his old man he'll grind all year on the third line not doing much and then get 30 pts in the playoffs. Claude always had that extra playoff gear. Like John Druce John Tonelli and Dougie Risebrough.

With all due respect to John Druce, he doesn't belong in the same category as Claude Lemieux. Druce only had that one big playoff run.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The Big Show guys were talking about Hutch this morning too.  They make a good point that Neimi sucks and maybe the Pens are looking for a back up too.

really I didn't think they would be so desperate that they would want a jet....oh wait I forgot Tanner signed with them after season 1

what's the Pens record right now again?

10 hours ago, iHeart said:

And the jets are like 4-3-1 right?

now I'm kind of thinking that we could have a chance since MAF is a GK now but then again as past games against the Penguins have proven us that even if both Evangi and Cros are out we could still get dominated

4 and 3. 

4 hours ago, iHeart said:

I could swear we were in OT at least once.....maybe I'm thinking of something else

Confusing OUAT with OT

Minnesota Wild forward Zach Parise is expected to miss eight-to-ten weeks after undergoing surgery on his back. The Wild announced Parise underwent successful microdisectomy surgery on Tuesday.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

13 hours ago, Goalie said:

Did they make the point that Hutch sucks also and isnt really an upgrade on Niemi at all? 

Im not sure its that strong a point.  Although their stats are very similar.   Hutch is a lot younger and might still be seen as a reclamation project.  He was better last year than Niemi. 

I havent investigated other back up goalie options.  But I'd suspect Hutch would be on most teams list of potential back up or #3 goalies.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im not sure its that strong a point.  Although their stats are very similar.   Hutch is a lot younger and might still be seen as a reclamation project.  He was better last year than Niemi. 

I havent investigated other back up goalie options.  But I'd suspect Hutch would be on most teams list of potential back up or #3 goalies.

The Florida Panthers have claimed goaltender Antti Niemi off of waivers.

• 2 weeks later...