NHL Injury Watch 2017/18 season

iHeart

On 12/28/2017 at 1:41 PM, Jimmy Pop said:

Feb.9 is just over 6 weeks away. 

17 games between now & then, 9 at home, 13 in-conference & 5 in-division games. 

We take care of business at home, we'll be okay. 

maybe there is an upside to Bettman forcing the players to stay home

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Will see on Scheif. Mr. Suspicious remembers Myers not requiring surgery either.

Do we know what the injury is?

I've been under the impression it was a broken collarbone. That could require surgery if it's not set right.

7 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Will see on Scheif. Mr. Suspicious remembers Myers not requiring surgery either.

Didnt Myers aggravate it though.  I seem to recall he traveled on a Florida road trip and either played or was practicing and then was shut down.  He also had a very sick child so its possible the Jets used the injury as cover to let him be with his family part of that time.

Two things are certain.  1) you never know with injuries for sure (can aggravate or be slow/quick) 2) Scheif is fit as **** and an early return would not surprise me

22 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

The day after the Jets thump them.... with Myers, Armia and Lemieux watching. 

Ya almost feel sorry for Sabres fans. 

Not even remotely.

Lightning lose Hedman to what appears to be a pretty nasty knee injury: https://www.tsn.ca/hedman-leaves-lightning-game-with-lbi-1.965874

On 1/11/2018 at 10:04 AM, Jimmy Pop said:

The day after the Jets thump them.... with Myers, Armia and Lemieux watching. 

Ya almost feel sorry for Sabres fans. 

Their team has been to the Cup finals as many times as the Jets have won a first round match-up...so, not going to feel too much sadsies for them.

And their likely to get another top draft pick this season.  We might be picking last!!!

Just now, mbrg said:

Their team has been to the Cup finals as many times as the Jets have won a first round match-up...so, not going to feel too much sadsies for them.

And their likely to get another top draft pick this season.  We might be picking last!!!

Yeah, they have the opportunity to be a good team down the road.  Some good young players and they will surely get another good draft pick this year plus whatever they get for Kane.   Ofcourse, they'd look better if Armia, Lemieux and Roslovic but what can ya do.

4 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Not even remotely.

Lightning lose Hedman to what appears to be a pretty nasty knee injury: https://www.tsn.ca/hedman-leaves-lightning-game-with-lbi-1.965874

Maybe we move Poolman for a lightning asset?  I'd hate to lose Poolman as he is going to be a good'er but Lightning have some very talented pieces on that roster..

1 minute ago, SPuDS said:

Maybe we move Poolman for a lightning asset?  I'd hate to lose Poolman as he is going to be a good'er but Lightning have some very talented pieces on that roster..

I don't see that being even remotely likely of happening. I can't see Cheveldayoff making any move this season that compromises the organization's collective blue line depth.