NHL Injury Watch 2017/18 season

iHeart

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Jets are too good this year to trade almost anyone of any note.  Event pending UFA's because they basically become our own rental player, rather then trading for a rental.

I would absolutely trade Matthias, Hutch or Enstrom...  even for picks

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I would absolutely trade Matthias, Hutch or Enstrom...  even for picks

If its good enough.  I'd trade Matthias.  I'd be on the fence about trading Hutch or Toby especially.

On one hand, its not the norm to have three NHL ready goalies so sure, trade Hutch. 

We're weak on LHD without Toby.  If we traded him, we'd be looking to rent another LHD for the playoffs.  Thus, dont trade him.  Plus, I think the Jets will want him to return next season anyway.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If its good enough.  I'd trade Matthias.  I'd be on the fence about trading Hutch or Toby especially.

On one hand, its not the norm to have three NHL ready goalies so sure, trade Hutch. 

We're weak on LHD without Toby.  If we traded him, we'd be looking to rent another LHD for the playoffs.  Thus, dont trade him.  Plus, I think the Jets will want him to return next season anyway.

If Poolman were next man up, wouldn't hesitate... Chiarot - I'd still probably make that Enstrom trade - not sure who actually wants a $5.6 million 6th Dman though

20 minutes ago, Floyd said:

If Poolman were next man up, wouldn't hesitate... Chiarot - I'd still probably make that Enstrom trade - not sure who actually wants a $5.6 million 6th Dman though

Toby is UFA next season so at the deadline, he's a great rental.  But Jets wont trade him.  You dont get rid of assets going into the playoffs.

39 minutes ago, Floyd said:

You'd willingly hurt our playoff chances just for a draft pick?  Because Chiarot is a huge downgrade on Toby as we all just witnessed.

5 hours ago, Atomic said:

6-0-1 with Scheifele out.  Let's trade him too.

A classic Atomic answer in a losing argument... :)

Enstrom is not having a great season and if you're worried about trading a Dman who plays 15 mins a game and no special teams...  pretty sure Poolman and Chiarot fill that role

11 hours ago, Floyd said:

A classic Atomic answer in a losing argument... :)

Enstrom is not having a great season and if you're worried about trading a Dman who plays 15 mins a game and no special teams...  pretty sure Poolman and Chiarot fill that role

Poolman sure.  Chiarot is dreadful.  He shouldn't be in the NHL.

oh man, and this is the point where he really could use him, I hope he gets better, I don't want to see another player on the team get another career ending injury (seeing that happen to Clitsome was enough) but wait I just remembered, we can still use Hutch as trade bait right? 

Edited by iHeart

25 minutes ago, iHeart said:

oh man, and this is the point where he really could use him, I hope he gets better, I don't want to see another player on the team get another career ending injury (seeing that happen to Clitsome was enough) but wait I just remembered, we can still use Hutch as trade bait right? 

well, no.. not if Mason is out.  we would need Hutch as our backup. 

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Has he had concussion issues before?  If this is his first experience I don’t think it would be career ending. 

It's the second concussion of his career.  I don't mean to say that this one would be career-ending, medically.  But we've seen in football, players retiring young because they are concerned about the long-term effects of concussions.  I get the impression that Mason is feeling somewhat the same way... very concerned about the implications of his latest concussion and what might happen if he suffers another.  And it may lead to him walking away from the game.

Total speculation on my part, but that's just the vibe I'm getting right now.

4 hours ago, Atomic said:

It's the second concussion of his career.  I don't mean to say that this one would be career-ending, medically.  But we've seen in football, players retiring young because they are concerned about the long-term effects of concussions.  I get the impression that Mason is feeling somewhat the same way... very concerned about the implications of his latest concussion and what might happen if he suffers another.  And it may lead to him walking away from the game.

Total speculation on my part, but that's just the vibe I'm getting right now.

I think Crosby has had more concussions that Mason and he's still playing fine but then again Mason is an older player

EDIT: and it turns out Mason is actually younger than Crosby but who has had more concussions?

Edited by iHeart