NHL Injury Watch 2017/18 season

iHeart

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

By the nature of concussions, you can't compare other players recovery times or because X player has had more concussions then Mason, Mason should be fine.

There is still too much about concussions we don't know about to be able to compare them between players and situations.

Right.  And what I was trying to emphasize with Mason, is that a player can choose to walk away from the game due to concussions, even if he is medically cleared to play.  Many athletes are starting to make that decision.  Mason's comments after his November concussion lead me to believe that he is worried about the long-term effects and may be starting to weigh the cost/benefit of continuing to play pro hockey.  Surely suffering another concussion so soon after the initial one will only make him consider retirement even more.

Just now, Atomic said:

Right.  And what I was trying to emphasize with Mason, is that a player can choose to walk away from the game due to concussions, even if he is medically cleared to play.  Many athletes are starting to make that decision.  Mason's comments after his November concussion lead me to believe that he is worried about the long-term effects and may be starting to weigh the cost/benefit of continuing to play pro hockey.  Surely suffering another concussion so soon after the initial one will only make him consider retirement even more.

maybe after his contract is up with us if he can still play the rest of his contract