NHL Injury Watch 2017/18 season

iHeart

I would still keep the East-West divisions. 1-8, 1-8. 

It would suck for say Tampa Bay to get first overall and have to travel to Vancouver, a 16 seed. Then the might play Pittsburgh who played against New York or Buffalo in the first round. 

West teams have enough travel already. 

Edited by JCon

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Here's the playoff seeding in 1980.  Imagine if the NHL went back to this format....Winnipeg might play Pittsburgh in Round One.  How screwy would that be...

Playoff seeds[edit]

The sixteen teams that qualified for the playoffs are ranked 1–16 based on regular season points.

1. Philadelphia Flyers, Patrick Division champions, Clarence Campbell Conference regular season champions – 116 points
  2. Buffalo Sabres, Adams Division champions, Prince of Wales Conference regular season champions – 110 points
  3. Montreal Canadiens, Norris Division champions – 107 points
  4. Boston Bruins – 105 points
  5. New York Islanders – 91 points
  6. Minnesota North Stars – 88 points
  7. Chicago Black Hawks, Smythe Division champions – 87 points
  8. New York Rangers – 86 points
  9. Atlanta Flames – 83 points
  10. St. Louis Blues – 80 points
  11. Toronto Maple Leafs – 75 points
  12. Los Angeles Kings – 74 points
  13. Pittsburgh Penguins – 73 points (30 wins)
  14. Hartford Whalers – 73 points (27 wins)
  15. Vancouver Canucks – 70 points
  16. Edmonton Oilers – 69 points

Thnks KBF brought back some memories of my Fav pre Jet NHL team....the Islanders...?

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I would still keep the East-West divisions. 1-8, 1-8. 

It would suck for say Tampa Bay to get first overall and have to travel to Vancouver, a 16 seed. Then the might play Pittsburgh who played against New York or Buffalo in the first round. 

West teams have enough travel already. 

Tough times in their rental jets with lazy boy seats.

9 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Tough times in their rental jets with lazy boy seats.

The actual travel is comfortable.  But the time change and sitting on a plane every day probably isnt the best use of their time. Jets/Wild first round would be great for that reason.  I hate when I see people hoping for a specific match up though...bad karma.  We'll face who we face. 

25 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The actual travel is comfortable.  But the time change and sitting on a plane every day probably isnt the best use of their time. Jets/Wild first round would be great for that reason.  I hate when I see people hoping for a specific match up though...bad karma.  We'll face who we face. 

Why is it bad to want a certain matchup? Rivalries within the division/conference are fun, especially in the post-season.

And you know karma isn't a thing, right...?

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Why is it bad to want a certain matchup? Rivalries within the division/conference are fun, especially in the post-season.

There are those who think the Jets not tanking and still ending up with Patrik Laine would indicate otherwise.

21 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The New Jets have played one playoff series and we're still feeling the effects of the rivalry that was created. There is still heat between the Jets and Ducks. 

Rivalries are overrated. 

But, I agree, karma is not a real thing.