NHL Injury Watch 2017/18 season

iHeart

https://www.tsn.ca/ducks-eaves-won-t-return-playoffs-1.1048752

Anaheim Ducks head coach Randy Carlyle announced Thursday forward Partirck Eaves will not return this season as he continues to recover from Guillain-Barre syndrome.

Carlyle said the earliest Eaves could get back on the ice would be training camp in September.

Eaves was diagnosed with rare disorder, in which a patient's immune system attacks the nervous system, in October and has not played this season.

12 minutes ago, Floyd said:

OMFG.

Jacob Trouba has left #NHLJets practice limping off the ice after a collision with Tanev.@TSN1290Radio @TSNHockey

Okay I see what's happening here.

So instead of resting certain players from  our last remaining game lets rest them from practices. Jeez.

Steve Mason should be no where near the practice rink right now.  

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, JCon said:

From the headline, I can tell that's not a link I'm going to click. Nope. Hope he's okay though. 

I was actually watching the game when it happened... it wasn't visually gruesome... just the way he grabbed his knee immediately, you could tell it was a bad injury...

• Jpan85 pinned this topic

Give the @mnwild credit. At least they don't play games with injuries. Kelly Moore

I personally don't think it's playing games when teams don't divulge the specifics about injuries. I don't know how knowing the specifics of the injury is relevant (yes interesting, curious but not relevant) to anyone but the hockey team and the players families.  All I need to know is lower body, upper body out for 6-8 weeks.

But that's just my perspective.

On 4/17/2018 at 4:21 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

Give the @mnwild credit. At least they don't play games with injuries. Kelly Moore

I personally don't think it's playing games when teams don't divulge the specifics about injuries. I don't know how knowing the specifics of the injury is relevant (yes interesting, curious but not relevant) to anyone but the hockey team and the players families.  All I need to know is lower body, upper body out for 6-8 weeks.

But that's just my perspective.

As a fan I want to know specifics because it gives me a better idea of time table and how the player will perform when he returns and any possible long term effects or likelihood of aggravation.  Its just a matter of more information being better.

But if I ran a sports team, especially during the playoffs, I'd never give any details.  Im not sure how much it matters (like did the Wild have to "plan" for the Jets to have Myers in the line up and then it hurt their strategy when he wasnt?) but secrecy is the name of the game this time of year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Rich unpinned this topic