NHL Injury Watch 2017/18 season

iHeart

39 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I have to think Chevy wont stand pat.  Even if its just a 6/7 veteran.  Too many injuries on D to be comfortable right now.

Agreed.  We're too good this year to rely on just the folks we have and hope it works out.

Morrissey - Buff

Enstrom - Myers

Kulivov - Poolman

If Kulikov's good to go this week, we're in decent shape short term.   What worries me, and I'm sure the Jets, 6-8 week injury gets pretty close to playoff time.  And this ain't Scheifele healing a shoulder, where you know player will stay in shape. 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Agreed.  We're too good this year to rely on just the folks we have and hope it works out.

Morrissey - Buff

Enstrom - Myers

Kulivov - Poolman

If Kulikov's good to go this week, we're in decent shape short term.   What worries me, and I'm sure the Jets, 6-8 week injury gets pretty close to playoff time.  And this ain't Scheifele healing a shoulder, where you know player will stay in shape. 

They have one month til the trade deadline so they can take a little time to see what happens.  If anything, a fresh Trouba for the playoffs will be a good thing.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Sounds about right, with Kulikov taking Chiarot's spot for the game, hopefully.

I'm not sure if you play Chiarot and Kulikov together and rely on the veterans or if you give Poolman a chance next to Kulikov.

The gambler in me says K-P. But my head says K-C.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I'm not sure if you play Chiarot and Kulikov together and rely on the veterans or if you give Poolman a chance next to Kulikov.

The gambler in me says K-P. But my head says K-C.

I think thats the plan once Kulikov ready to go. Could even see the pairs i posted above once Kuli ready. I think its Poolman Kuli once Kuli ready to go. Chia sits. 

Edited by Goalie

26 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

MacKinnon and mediocre don't belong in the same sentence. He's been one of the bright spots on a pretty lousy team since he was drafted.

Different strokes for different folks.  He's a great player, don't get me wrong.   

But I do think it's fair to ask if production has always matched skill level.   His best year statistically was his first.  Avs also won the division that year.  Since then, you're right, pretty lousy Avs team.  And in turn, just an "okay" Nathan MacKinnon??  A "pretty good" Nathan MacKinnon.  A mediocore Nathan MacKinnon?   

At 20 G & 50 pts per season, given his talent, I don't think mediocre is that egregious.   It's just naturally high expectations for a 1st overall.   How would he describe his last few season's, leaving aside the team's play? 

I've watched the Avs downfall pretty closely, being a diehard fan before the Jets returned and all... 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Different strokes for different folks.  He's a great player, don't get me wrong.   

But I do think it's fair to ask if production has always matched skill level.   His best year statistically was his first.  Avs also won the division that year.  Since then, you're right, pretty lousy Avs team.  And in turn, just an "okay" Nathan MacKinnon??  A "pretty good" Nathan MacKinnon.  A mediocore Nathan MacKinnon?   

At 20 G & 50 pts per season, given his talent, I don't think mediocre is that egregious.   It's just naturally high expectations for a 1st overall.   How would he describe his last few season's, leaving aside the team's play? 

I've watched the Avs downfall pretty closely, being a diehard fan before the Jets returned and all... 

He averages .77 PPG career, the exact same as one Mark Scheifele who's also played on some pretty lousy Jets teams. I wouldn't qualify Scheifele as mediocre. Would you?