Deadliest Mass Shooting In US History - Las Vegas

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎06 at 3:02 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

I recall a thread here where I argued vehemently that the second amendment did not give Americans the right to bear arms in the way they think.  Some people disagreed.  My opinion is when you apply context to the amendment (time and place it was written), its pretty clear the intention was not to restrict the people from having weapons because of the need for militias of the people.  That is not needed now.

If anything, the amendment should have been altered many many years ago. 

The fact the Constitution has many amendments and has been updated numerous times proves its not sacrosanct as the gun nuts would believe.  Its really quite obvious that it should be changed.  But the vocal minority shout down the logical argument.  And I think a lot of people then get squeamish over constitutional reform when they really shouldnt.

Vocal minority?  Trust me, it is not a 'minority' of people who want to keep their guns in the U.S. 

America is the most free country in existence and there's a reason.......an armed populace. 

3 hours ago, basslicker said:

You can't call it terrorism without actually knowing his motives.  Terrorism:  "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

Yet, the guy in Edmonton was a terrorist just because he was Somalian & the killer in Vegas was white? Your analogy makes no sense. Fifty nine dead & over 600 hundred injured says otherwise. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, basslicker said:

Vocal minority?  Trust me, it is not a 'minority' of people who want to keep their guns in the U.S. 

America is the most free country in existence and there's a reason.......an armed populace. 

Do present your research/sources showing actual evidence of this.

How the hell does an armed populace make US citizens more free than citizens of other developed first world countries on this planet?

Edited by blue_gold_84

16 hours ago, basslicker said:

Id like to see your evidence to back this up.  Of the polls I've seen, it absolutely is a minority.  Your last sentence makes little sense.  Canada is pretty "free"...no armed populace.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yet, the guy in Edmonton was a terrorist just because he was Somalian & the killer in Vegas was white? Your analogy makes no sense. Fifty nine dead & over 600 hundred injured says otherwise. 

To be fair, didnt the Edmonton guy have an ISIS flag?  If Im not confusing that with someone else...that immediately raises the spectre of terrorism as a motivation.

People argued the semantics of terrorism when it concerns Las Vegas.  But using the definition of a political motivation, we dont know...because we dont know his motivations yet.  And if you ask 1000 random people to describe terrorism, they would subscribe that label to Islamic Extremism.  Its become the norm to use that description there, rightly or wrongly.

7 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Id like to see your evidence to back this up.  Of the polls I've seen, it absolutely is a minority.  Your last sentence makes little sense.  Canada is pretty "free"...no armed populace.

My guess he does it to get a rise out of people to create the opportunity to call some one a snowflake, libtard, etc if you disagree.

• 2 years later...