Hamilton @ Winnipeg: Homefield Might Be Clinched For WSF Edition

7 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

who is Branning for the bombers backing up Alexander? Never heard of him TBH

He was added to the PR at the end of August. (https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/08/30/bombers-add-defensive-back-kahlen-branning-practice-roster/)

Branning played five seasons with the University of Regina Rams at cornerback. In 30 career games, he made 37 tackles, deflected 11 passes, and was selected as a Canada West All-Star in 2016. Branning participated in the Detroit Lions mini-camp in May.

Edited by blue_gold_84
info added

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎03 at 5:08 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

This was a recommendation made by Michael Bailey of the US Department of Homeland Security, prior to Grey Cup 2015 when he was in town to train Police forces for Grey Cup week.  Surprised it took so long.

4 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Feel like it's Nevis this week. They have been rotating them every game since Labour Day.

My understanding of that situation is that they see one of them as more of a pure run-stopper, so if they feel it's going to be a run-heavy game, they put that guy in....if it's going to be more pass heavy, they put in the other.....but honestly, it's tough to follow. That's just my guess based on listening to the CJOB pre-game shows...

34 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

who is Branning for the bombers backing up Alexander? Never heard of him TBH

I think he is a NI who went undrafted, yet somehow got on the NFL radar and ended up with Detroit for a while.  The Bombers put him on their neg list and got him signed after the Lions released him.  That's the backstory I remember hearing from the usual suspects here who pay attention to all that stuff.

And of course, the signing of a NI player who was in the NFL brings the usual blip of hype here, even if it was only for a cup of coffee.  He may be less talented than Derek Jones.  He may be more.  Potential future ratio-breaker?  Potentially.  He's a project for now, earning his stripes on teams duty.

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

A couple DBs and that's a very good D

I disagree. For one, they have a truly terrible defensive coordinator in Lolley. Kanneh is an excellent DB but playing SAM for what I believe is the first time ever. Laurent is obviously very good but the rest of their line including Adrian Tracy is underwhelming. Historically their best DB has been Davis and he's been so bad this year they've benched him. Good enough linebackers but Lawrence has not been close to his usual self this year. Odiase and Unamba are both terrible. 

Just watched June Jones and Andy Fantuz interview on TSN. They sound like they’d be stunned to win tomorrow. Like not just your typical “respect the opponent” kind of thing, they talk about sneaking a win and getting lucky. I know their record isn’t great, but weird to hear a team have seemingly so little confidence publicly.