IN CASE YOU MISSED IT...

Mr Dee

WEEK 15

Bye BC

"I've got too much talent to be sitting on the sideline" - @SSKRoughriders Trent Richardson

Dave Naylor - Just my opinion: Chances that Johnny Manziel plays in the CFL? 80 per cent. Chances that Colin Kaepernick plays in the CFL? 5 per cent. #CFL

CFL - "Blue and Gold wins uni madness... only colour left to add is Grey" 

CFL - James Wilder Jr. - His 331 yards rushing in the past two games is the most since Jon Cornish rushed for 338 yards in 2013. Wilder Jr.’s 331 yards ranks 17th all-time among two-game rushing totals in CFL history.

Updated  - ?‍?James Wilder Jr. carried 13 times for 49 yards. Tamed.

Ted Wyman - Ticats' Eric Tillman on #Bombers QB Matt Nichols: “He has clearly gone from a guy you can win with to a guy who you win because of." #CFL

WBB - Cornerback Roy Bennett - Three years a Bomber, three years on an all-star squad and 26 interceptions in just 51 games. #BombersTBT

CFL.ca -This marks the 13th consecutive season the Calgary Stampeders have clinched a playoff berth.

-56% of games this season have been decided in the final three minutes.

-In the last three calendar years dating back to September 2014, the Calgary Stampeders have lost just nine times. Of those nine defeats, the Montreal Alouettes have accounted for four of them. Montreal beat Calgary in Week 4 this year.

-With six weeks to play there have been 24 defensive return touchdowns, the same amount as all of last season.

-In 13 games, Calgary has only allowed 15 sacks this season (1.2 per game). The next best team is Edmonton and they have allowed 20 sacks (1.7 sacks per game).

-Toronto and Calgary lead the league in sacks with 38 each

-Saskatchewan has the highest average yards on first down with 7.4.

-It’s a four-way tie for the sack lead. Victor Butler, Charleston Hughes, Micah Johnson and Craig Roh each have eight sacks this season.

Rick Zamperin: Which Canadian pro sports team has the best fan base?

The list of 21 teams includes all nine CFL franchises, the NHL’s seven Canadian-based teams, as well as the Blue Jays, Raptors and MLS entries in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal.

Only two CFL teams are listed in the top 10, the Saskatchewan Roughriders at No. 2 and the Ottawa Redblacks at No. 7, just ahead of the Leafs and behind the sixth-ranked Winnipeg Jets. - https://globalnews.ca/news/3775221/rick-zamperin-which-canadian-pro-sports-team-has-the-best-fan-base/amp/

?‍?Does everybody see how this poll is seriously flawed and a joke?

Andrew Harris - 9 years ago today I switched my number from 20 to 33 and my attitude from hungry to RELENTLESS. Miss you brother?? #HeartOfAChampion

Terry Jones- I wonder what that bobbled punt rouge that cost Ottawa game will end up meaning ... to Ottawa, to B.C., to Edmonton, to Saskatchewan ...

?‍?Actually, to me, Drew Willy looked the best that he has in a long time...not great, but capable.

Herb Zurkowsky - Ottawa keeps blowing games in the fourth quarter. Coaching deficiencies there, no doubt

ChrisO’Leary  - Highlight of an otherwise unremarkable night comes in the 4th when Duane Forde wishes Rod Black a happy 85th bday.

?‍?Famous last words? :

Kavis Reed - "There is parity in the league"

?‍?BLM shows to be a bit of a dink when, after throwing a TD pass to make it a 41-11, he’s waving his arms like a high school cheerleader. Be humble for a change B. B humble.

Chip Cox - “What do U expect from a team that loses a head coach & a defensive co-ordinator?” - Chip Cox 

?‍?What bs Headlines...more like someone left the door unlocked and they fell in...⬇️

#Riders pull out come-from-behind win over #Redblacks leaderpost.com/sports/footbal… #CFL via @leaderpost

?‍?And this just doesn’t seem right:

?‍?Ottawa rushed only 2 times in the 4th Q. That’s why they lost

Derek Taylor - The downside for Masoli...inaccurate arm. 68% accuracy when NOT under pressure. Lowest in the league.

#Details #CFL

Re: Cameron Judge..

Derek Taylor - Hajrullahu 9-for-12 from 50+ in his career. #argosfootball 

-Average missed tackle % for a LB is 14%. Eskimos three starters tonight far exceed that: Mulumba 32%   Konar. 23%    Ladler 20%

?‍?Still being a dink...Jim Bender - “The #bombers now in position for another missed FG. “

Drew Edwards- #Ticats RB @CJ_Gable refused to speak to the media after the loss to #Argos.

?‍?Lame PI on Demond Washington in that Hamilton game. Sheesh.

giphy-28.gif

?‍?CFL record in sight. Andrew Harris 84 catches, a new career high. CFL record is 102.

Ed Tait - 0: Points by the Eskimos in the opening 30 minutes, marking the first time in 10 years they had been shut out in the first half.

Chris Randle - "That was probably one of the biggest plays I've had... thus far."

CFL.ca Staff  

“Across the board, we said we were going to come out here 44 strong and everybody was going to contribute and we did that tonight,” said Harris, who racked up 135 all-purpose yards in the win. “A home playoff game in Winnipeg is something we need to accomplish, whether that be for first place or second place. We’re gunning for that.”

44STRONG

Drew Edwards - The Ticats were penalized 15 times for 135 yards while the Argonauts were flagged on just seven occasions for 105 yards. Hamilton took nine of the last 11 penalties, including a number with the game in the balance.

Herb Zurkowsky - the Als have lost three straight under interim head coach Reed — the latest, Calgary’s 59-11 evisceration Friday night at McMahon Stadium. Montreal has been outscored 121-41 in that span.

Vast majority of Alouettes appear to have given up...

3downnation - Chris Randle deserves to be named a CFL all-star at cornerback this season and should be one of the first pending free agents Winnipeg locks up this winter.

- Tristan Okpalaugo had his best game as a Blue Bomber on Saturday, recording five quarterback pressures and a sack.

?‍?There’s the Rider Nation.

And the RedBlack Nation.

And now, the ruination...

?‍?John Hodge brings up the point of the ruination of the Alouettes franchise and brings up a valid point. Would the Alouettes go all out and aim for Paul LaPolice as a pivotal piece for 2018?

Terry Jones - Eskimos with 30,524 to make an average of 33,517 per game. Saskatchewan, in the new Mosaic Stadium, has sold out every game at 33,300.

Drew Edwards  - Saskatchewan Roughriders draft pick Cameron Judge unleashed an epic Twitter rant on Saturday night that included a retirement announcement and an admission that he “never went to class in college. I smoked weed after practice and workouts, went home played video games until I couldn’t play anymore.”

?‍?Don’t bother reading it all, unless you like weird..(over 75 tweets) - http://3downnation.com/2017/09/30/riders-draft-pick-cameron-judge-goes-epic-twitter-rant/

BC just added 5 internationals to their PR  - https://www.bclions.com/2017/10/01/lions-add-six-practice-roster/

David Naylor - Significant cap component to Hamilton dealing Gable. Need to shed salary due to bonuses paid to QB Masoli for starts. #CFL #Ticats

?‍?Significant?       - RB C.J. Gable making around $90,000 in 2017, the last year of his deal via @ScratchingPost 3downnation.com

Dave Dawson - For you #Eskimos head scratchers. DE Willis first 7 games (wins): 13 tackles, 6 sacks, 1 FF. Last 6 (losses) A whopping 3 tackles. Just 3.

564_B766_A-73_A1-4459-_BA7_C-192743_D1_D

Calgary plays Hamilton, Saskatchewan, Edmonton, and Winnipeg 

Winnipeg plays Hamilton, BC, Toronto, BC and Calgary 

Saskatchewan plays Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Montreal and Edmonton 

Edmonton plays Montreal, Toronto, BC, Calgary and Saskatchewan 

BC plays Ottawa, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Toronto 

WEEK 16 

Hamilton @ Winnipeg - Friday 

Saskatchewan @ Toronto - Saturday 

Ottawa @ BC - Saturday 

Edmonton @ Montreal - Monday 

BYE - Calgary 

It's become a coin toss every time the challenge flag is thrown. That play was pretty obviously not PI, but they still called it. I thought the non-fumble in the Riders game was a fumble. At least they got the PI challenge in our game right, but I was holding my breath after the rest of the calls last week.

3 hours ago, mbrg said:

It's a bizarre situation where the refs are getting the call right on the field in live time, and the people who have access to multiple looks at multiple angles of slow-mo replays get it horrifyingly wrong.

Very strange when you think of how you're supposed to have compelling evidence to overturn a call on the field...  wonder who's in 'command centre'?  Is it still just Jake Ireland - isn't he like 80?

Just now, Judd said:

on another note: O'shea is one win away from reaching a career .500 as a head coach. (currently at 33-34).  Considering the first two years of his tenure, I'd say that's an accomplishment. The sky is the limit now.

Edit: unless we lose the next game haha

O'Shea should take both Kyle Walters and Matt Nichols out for a very expensive dinner.

2 hours ago, tracker said:

O'Shea should take both Kyle Walters and Matt Nichols out for a very expensive dinner.

What you really mean is that we should all be glad everyone has grown beyond expectations in their respective jobs.  

Walters the "did Wade reeeeeeally look for anyone else" GM and Matt "if we're trotting him out in 2018" Nichols have all grown, learned and done their part to turn this team into a true contender.  

O'Shea as well - it's not like the Bombers are 10-3 *despite* the head coach.

But if all you meant is that Walters and Nichols work well with O'Shea... then cheers! ?

Regarding O'Shea, he has definitely grown but I don't think that really surprises anyone. I've always said I expected him to be a good coach one day, just that it would take about 10 years. He's getting there and good for him. 

15 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

It's become a coin toss every time the challenge flag is thrown. That play was pretty obviously not PI, but they still called it. I thought the non-fumble in the Riders game was a fumble. At least they got the PI challenge in our game right, but I was holding my breath after the rest of the calls last week.

I know what you mean... I am never surprised with video review b/c it seems so arbitrary these days... but watching that review on Walker defending "Push-off" Williams... I said if this is PI they might as well just get rid of defense....

6 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

What you really mean is that we should all be glad everyone has grown beyond expectations in their respective jobs.  

Walters the "did Wade reeeeeeally look for anyone else" GM and Matt "if we're trotting him out in 2018" Nichols have all grown, learned and done their part to turn this team into a true contender.  

O'Shea as well - it's not like the Bombers are 10-3 *despite* the head coach.

But if all you meant is that Walters and Nichols work well with O'Shea... then cheers! ?

The key to the Bomber success this season and the last half of 2016 was the recruiting that Walters oversaw, and chief among the arrivals which turned the Bomber fortunes around was...Matt Nichols.  Nichols has exceeded the expectations of everyone, and before someone else points it out, the re-tooled O-line and Andrew Harris sure helped.

So, anything on that  new QB the Bombers signed?

“The #Bombers have added QB Josh Straughan to the practice roster. Product of Southern Illinois. Not a runner, but he's got an accurate arm.”

Edited by Mr Dee

6 hours ago, bearpants said:

I know what you mean... I am never surprised with video review b/c it seems so arbitrary these days... but watching that review on Walker defending "Push-off" Williams... I said if this is PI they might as well just get rid of defense....

I don't know that I have seen Williams catch a pass where he doesn't initiate contact with a defensive back. I mean I get that he's big and it's an advantage for him but ****, if they called PI then they might as well just throw a flag every time that guy goes down field for a pass. I actually think it was his interference that took away the possibility of Walker having a chance at that ball. 

16 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

“The #Bombers have added QB Josh Straughan to the practice roster. Product of Southern Illinois. Not a runner, but he's got an accurate arm.”

Played div 2 football at a fairly dominant level before transferring to SIU for 2016 (Div 1-FCS).  Threw a lot of passes, and completed most of them - 67.4% with 15 TD to 4 INT in 8 games.  Good size - 6'2", 205 lbs.

He's got a fairly interesting backstory:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/sep/13/blanchette-coltons-josh-straughan-overcame-obstacl/#/0

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

He'd best stay out of hallways, then.

On 10/3/2017 at 4:22 AM, J5V said:

Regarding O'Shea, he has definitely grown but I don't think that really surprises anyone. I've always said I expected him to be a good coach one day, just that it would take about 10 years. He's getting there and good for him. 

me thinks your timeline is flawed here.

On 10/2/2017 at 11:14 AM, Mr Dee said:

The list of 21 teams includes all nine CFL franchises, the NHL’s seven Canadian-based teams, as well as the Blue Jays, Raptors and MLS entries in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal.

Only two CFL teams are listed in the top 10, the Saskatchewan Roughriders at No. 2 and the Ottawa Redblacks at No. 7, just ahead of the Leafs and behind the sixth-ranked Winnipeg Jets. - https://globalnews.ca/news/3775221/rick-zamperin-which-canadian-pro-sports-team-has-the-best-fan-base/amp/

?‍?Does everybody see how this poll is seriously flawed and a joke?

Whitecaps have better fans than the Bombers? That's a complete joke. The woman gets box tickets occasionally from work, and i'm not one to turn down an open bar, so I've been to more MLS games than I'd care to admit. Aside from a small gathering of passionate fans in one endzone, the stadium is nearly as dead as it is for Lions games(I think BC place might be louder with the roof open, there's no noise to contain certainly, let that traffic and city noise in). I've only seen Portland and Seattle rivalry games too, you'd think those would be the crazier games. I could go on about how I hate soccer and the MLS in general but I've been told I'll stopped being invited to the open bar overlooking the game if I do.

9 minutes ago, yogi said:

Whitecaps have better fans than the Bombers? That's a complete joke. The woman gets box tickets occasionally from work, and i'm not one to turn down an open bar, so I've been to more MLS games than I'd care to admit. Aside from a small gathering of passionate fans in one endzone, the stadium is nearly as dead as it is for Lions games(I think BC place might be louder with the roof open, there's no noise to contain certainly, let that traffic and city noise in). I've only seen Portland and Seattle rivalry games too, you'd think those would be the crazier games. I could go on about how I hate soccer and the MLS in general but I've been told I'll stopped being invited to the open bar overlooking the game if I do.

Open Bar!?! I would never be ashamed to admit going to games if that's the case...

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Open Bar!?! I would never be ashamed to admit going to games if that's the case...

It's just the MLS part I don't want to admit. My Winnipeg buddies already think I'm a Vancouver hipster after living here 3+ years. If I start attending MLS game's regularly, in addition to only drinking craft beer, locally roasted coffee, and owning an expensive bicycle, they may have a point!