Jonathan Hefney fundraising

Jpan85

• Jpan85 pinned this topic

Hefney was one of my favorite bombers of all time and he currently needs our help. His players insurance ran out and still needs another surgery to be able to use his right hand. For a right handed man this must be devastating. I think he would make an awesome DB's coach once he can get use of his arm back. 

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/football/cfl/costs-benefits-jonathan-hefneys-injury-odyssey-shows-plight-of-athletes-in-canada

https://www.gofundme.com/4ik88e0

• Rich pinned this topic
8 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

OK, for that action, I’ll give him some slack, and may even name a sandwich after him..

Bran flakes, lime jello and mutton?

I'm going to say something I've never said before and may never say again - good job Bo!

21 hours ago, Brandon said:

It would be nice if TSN could post a link about it during the games this weekend

do they know about this?  I can DM Milt, Suits and Dunigan and see if they are aware.  If this went Canada wide I am guessing Hef will raise enough for not only surgery but also any post-op recuperation/rehab he needs.  Which would be fantastic.  CFL fans are awesome, I can't ever say that enough times.

8 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

do they know about this?  I can DM Milt, Suits and Dunigan and see if they are aware.  If this went Canada wide I am guessing Hef will raise enough for not only surgery but also any post-op recuperation/rehab he needs.  Which would be fantastic.  CFL fans are awesome, I can't ever say that enough times.

DOOOOO ITTTTT!

12 hours ago, wpgchris said:

Nope.  Just $1,000.  He was quick to correct someone on twitter.

Still awesome.

11 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I thought 6K too reading Jpans post but I looked at the page, he forgot a , between the words big and total

Sorry @Jpan85 but your grammar is not exactly up to snuff... if it had looked like this: 

21 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

BLM just stepped up big; grand total almost at $6,000 bucks, including his donation.

It would have been more clear! :)

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

few guys in the $1000+ donation range, David Asper, BLM, Andrew Hawkins

I see MBB did $80, since I spend so much time on here I just matched that 

Yes that's one of the reasons why I made my contribution too. I really enjoy the knowledge, passion, and points of view of the vast majority of the posters here. Well done MBB and thank you brett_c_b. 

• Rich unpinned this topic