Game 2 : @ Flames

3 minutes ago, iHeart said:

The jets had a good start today but they really let that lead slip through their fingers

Lol. Ya they had a good 20 minutes. Then a totally give up 2nd and 3rd. Flames had like 50 shots. Jets were bad... Like really bad. Like big changes need to happen bad. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why were Cheveldayoff & Maurice reupped? 

How u blame CHEVY... hes the GM.. The talent is there... Its coaching and a few lazy players making it look bad. Chevy isnt in charge of Passive box pk or no o or d structure. 

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

How can I blame Chevy? Pfft... 

Its Maurice. I dont know how you cant see it. Hes the problem. This team has a ton of talent but square pegs round holes 

Fast and skilled? Ok dump and chase 

Man to man D? Sure why not. 

Passive Box PK? Sure. 

These are coaching issues. 

Get down 1 and fold.. Its Maurice. 

No O or D structure at all? Maurice. 

Edited by Goalie

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

How can I blame Chevy? Pfft... 

So quick to blame Richie Hall but... For some reason its the GM with the Jets? Lol. Team is regressing under Maurice. 

Same problems different year.  No D structure. PK sucks. Cant make adjustments. Its just painful. 

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

First the Bombers and their terrible loss, tonight the Jets were woeful and I'm in a bad mood, my Yanks are on the ropes and the Cowboys play the Packers what an absolutely terrible weekend.

Also the Riders won, which is nearly as painful as a Bombers loss.. The sporting world just took a giant s*** on us this weekend. I better win my fantasy football match tomorrow to even it out a bit!

11 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Also the Riders won, which is nearly as painful as a Bombers loss.. The sporting world just took a giant s*** on us this weekend. I better win my fantasy football match tomorrow to even it out a bit!

Also the Leafs score 7 against the Rangers don't care about the Rangers but the Leafs and their fans piss me off.

It’s ok. It’s only two games.  Get back to me when it’s only 40 Games

again, they can win the next 80 but we need to talk about how this team can be this bad this early.  All their talk of focus and taking the next step.... where is the effort?

mason made huge saves tonight. He’s getting totally left out to dry. 

The one thing to hang on Chevy is he gave Maurice an extension. 

Plau he have Buff a huge extension.  But buff was playing well then. I wonder why. It’s two games and buff doesn’t give a ****. Time to go. Trade him, re-sign trouba

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Its Maurice. I dont know how you cant see it. Hes the problem. This team has a ton of talent but square pegs round holes 

Fast and skilled? Ok dump and chase 

Man to man D? Sure why not. 

Passive Box PK? Sure. 

These are coaching issues. 

Get down 1 and fold.. Its Maurice. 

No O or D structure at all? Maurice. 

Look Goalie, I like you so I don't want to get into a war of words with you. I'm not happy with the Jets season start. No one is. I disagree it's all on Maurice. Chevy has to take his share of the blame as well if this season is a bad one. As GM, he provides the team for Maurice. It's up to Maurice to coach them up. If we have floaters & quitters on the team then that's on Chevy for signing them. My point, everybody has to take responsibility for the wins & losses. from ownership on down to management, coaches & players. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

how do you motivate players that don't care and can't be fired/demoted?

It must drive the ones that do care nuts. Guys like Wheeler. 

Same problem as basketball. Players taking games/weeks/months off

no cut contracts.  Maybe That's why this team is better end of season,  they bring up some Moose guys that want to make the NHL, they bust their ass, and

suddenly the team starts winning.

You do not see this very often in pro football. 

Edited by Mark F

Chevy brought in Mason as our goalie solution and Kulikov as defensive help...  there was actually no 'sweepstakes' for these guys - they should have been 'cheap' signings (i.e. Mason v. Ben Bishop, etc) but Winnipeg has managed to pay a premium (Kulikov is definitely not worth $4 mill)

No more teflon for Chevy...  average FA signings with a few home runs, some good contract extensions and some bad ones, draft record coming back to earth imo

If Jets didn't win the draft lottery, this team is in an even deeper hole

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

Passive Box PK? Sure. 

This I'll agree. I was having a discussion with my tv last night in why the h#ll do they play the passive box with the players they have?  Stop collapsing the box!

It was well executed by the players but it doesn't work with the type of players we have therefore this is on the coach who takes care of the PK. 

We got a shorthanded goal because Tanev played aggressive before the flames could set up.  We need the forwards high on the D.

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Buff Wheeler Little Toby... A few of these "leaders" need to go as does Maurice. 

agree on Toby.  Though I was told not so long ago that I was stupid for saying that, and apparently that Mike Babcock disagreed with me, because that was important for some reason.  

I definitely support sitting Toby and giving Poolman a shot.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

You really do have to look at the coach at this point.  

Mairice strikes me as a good assistant. He’s a numbers guy. 

So the jets look good for the first ten or fifteen minutes because he has a plan on paper. 

Unfortunately the team can’t handle adversity, can’t make adjustments, loses confidence. They aren’t inspired. They look defeated. 

Maurice can’t inspire. 

I can’t believe guys like Wheeler can stay quiet and go through this again. 

If they really believe this is the year to make a move up the standings they can’t wait long before they do something. 

But then, let’s say you fire Maurice. Who is his replacement in November?

One of the dumbest moves was to re-up Maurice and whoever was responsible they should clear out their desk...Of course if it were the owners then they get a pass...cuz after all they brought this mess back to the Peg...After all of the big hub bub on the Jets return they seemed to have gone brain dead...Takes awhile but the fans will start to turn on the team if they don't see any move to correct this mess..Losing to that Cal. power house team(lol) should have opened a few eyes one would hope.

Maurice is very good at saying all the right things. And I can see him having a stack of binders with all sorts of analytical numbers to back his perspectives. 

Its the intangibles they are lacking. And that can make things difficult 

Jets remind me a bit of Pens before they fired Dan. Way too much talent to not be better.