Cats at Bombers GDT

Nolby

Beautiful day for some Friday Night Football!

With what's at stake (the chance to clinch and increase the chances to lock up a home playoff game), the team will be good to go. Stick to what's been working and they'll be fine. The leaders have done nothing but step up and tonight will be no exception.

Fun fact: the team's 10-3 record is their best through 13 games since 2001 (they were 11-2 through 13 that season).

Do it for Fort Hew!

38 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Beautiful day for some Friday Night Football!

With what's at stake (the chance to clinch and increase the chances to lock up a home playoff game), the team will be good to go. Stick to what's been working and they'll be fine. The leaders have done nothing but step up and tonight will be no exception.

Fun fact: the team's 10-3 record is their best through 13 games since 2001 (they were 11-2 through 13 that season).

Do it for Fort Hew!

Yup. Holding off putting the speedo away. 

Just now, BomberBall said:

I hope it doesn't com down to that, but a win is a win.

ya no kidding.. if we are needing to lean on Medlock's leg tonight.. something has gone wrong.. I hope we stomp em, he returns to form and kicks 4 to go with 3 or 4 TDs.

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

Not necessarily if Hamilton plays tough tonight.

hamilton playing tough shouldn't negate our clear advantage in skill levels.  we are a better team, period.  we should win this game.  there really isn't any other way to put it lol.   I know any given Sunday and all that but realistically, its the ti-cats.  we are at home.  we are playing excellent football on both sides of the ball.  O'shea seems to have found the way to get the guys up for each game, trap game or not. 

If we end up needing to win by a FG, it will definitely mean (imo anyway) that something didn't go according to plan.   as long as we win, I really don't care how we do it but its obvious to me that Hamilton isn't really on par with us.. 

42 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

really?  you think that highly of their defense?

Sure I'd love a blowout and I don't care anything of Hamilton's defense, offense, special teams , oskie wee wee etc but on any given Sunday (or in this case Friday) . . .

I sometimes find teams of higher caliber play to level of lower caliber teams.  If that happens (which I don't want it to happen), Medlock  may have to take care of business.

http://www.tsn.ca/bombers-need-to-take-care-of-business-against-ticats-1.876905

"I've been around this league long enough that when there's four and five games left, anything can happen," Nichols said Thursday after the Blue Bombers' walkthrough.

"You've got to take care of business and not wait and hope that other people take care of business for you."

The defence can't lose sight of its need to improve, even with the playoff scenarios, Randle said.

"It's all about us and how good we can get and get better at what we do," he said. "Knowing what our weaknesses are, knowing what our strengths are and try to go along with that."

"I couldn't tell you the scenarios, nor do I care about them," O'Shea said. "I care about winning this game, focusing on what's going to allow us to win.

"None of that other information is going to help us win or allow us to win the game so it's irrelevant."

Saying all the right things. Now just get on the field and execute!

11 minutes ago, LeBird said:

Goo luck Bombers. Let's just hope the officials don't pick on this game to even the bad calls against the Tiger Cats.

Fat chance. I could be cynical but it seems to me that too often the refs help the weak sister teams.

1 hour ago, MC said:

Even the players' quotes have a feeling of "we are better than them" tone to them.  The gap in talent level is never as big as the records would indicate and anybody in this league can beat anybody else.  Expecting to find a way to win is a lot different than expected to win easily.  The latter will get you a loss.

How do you figure that? :blink:

34 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

It may be warm out today, but don't fool yourself;  this is October football.

Our two headed rushing attack is about to kick it up for the playoff push.

It would be good to see Flandersssss rip off a long run or two. 

2 hours ago, MC said:

Even the players' quotes have a feeling of "we are better than them" tone to them.

I don't get that, to me this team simply cares more about what they do themselves than who they are playing. Been consistent from the get go with Mike O'Shea. There's no looking ahead, not looking behind, there is only the next game on the schedule and preparing to win that game is the only thing that matters. 

And I for one welcome this approach.