Fire Richie Hall !!!! DISGRACE COACH

5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I don't see the Stamps resorting to airlifts, they recruit in the off-season and if you look at the evidence of roster stability the Bombers are attempting to duplicate that process.

I'd say Hufnagel is pretty well connected too and knows how to find guys that just might be a notch short of killing it in the NFL and knows how to sell them on playing up in Calgary.

I, like most people here , was very disappointed and disgusted with the game last week.  When you look at the time of possession ( a reflection on the offence ), and the number of yards given up ( defence ) we simply had no business being in the game.  I could be mistaken, but is that not the second game winning field goal Medlock has missed this year? Didn't he miss one in BC or am I mixing it up with last year's playoff game??

I expect a much stronger effort on both sides of the ball today, and I damn well better see it!

3 minutes ago, ddanger said:

I, like most people here , was very disappointed and disgusted with the game last week.  When you look at the time of possession ( a reflection on the offence ), and the number of yards given up ( defence ) we simply had no business being in the game.  I could be mistaken, but is that not the second game winning field goal Medlock has missed this year? Didn't he miss one in BC or am I mixing it up with last year's playoff game??

I expect a much stronger effort on both sides of the ball today, and I damn well better see it!

I believe he may have, although the bigger miss he had was on an easy pitch and catch throw on a fake punt play in that game.  Personally though I liked that call and wish MOS would call it more often.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

@CFL_News
Jovon Johnson on #AlsMTL past DC, Noel Thorpe:  “hell of a coach” 

but

"a control freak. An egotistical maniac” 

If he knows what he is doing, and it sounds like he does, then get him in here. Do you want to win or sit around the campfire singing Kumbaya?

1 hour ago, USABomberfan said:

This is why I have my doubts on O'Shea bringing him onboard, his rogue coaching tactics wouldn't seem to mesh with this current staff.

What the hell are "rogue coaching tactics"?

36 minutes ago, J5V said:

If he knows what he is doing, and it sounds like he does, then get him in here. Do you want to win or sit around the campfire singing Kumbaya?

There is a middle ground... That's where I wanna be. We can have a  great D and sing kumbaya on a camping trip to Birds Hill... 

25 minutes ago, Noeller said:

There is a middle ground... That's where I wanna be. We can have a  great D and sing kumbaya on a camping trip to Birds Hill... 

Sure but who is that guy? That's why I asked what a rogue coach is. I've never seen Thorpe freak out on his players although he may be a rather direct type of personality. Direct is good. It means you've identified a problem exactly. Noel Thorpe with this team could put us over the top, unless you have someone better in mind.

Control_Freak1.gif

Edited by J5V

7 minutes ago, J5V said:

Sure but who is that guy? That's why I asked what a rogue coach is. I've never seen Thorpe freak out on his players although he may be a rather direct type of personality. Direct is good. It means you've identified a problem exactly. Noel Thorpe with this team could put us over the top, unless you have someone better in mind.

Control_Freak1.gif

Here's the thing: What you don't know, would fill a warehouse. And me too for that matter. There's countless names put there that neither of us knows about who might be just the right guy. 

I want to see the Bomber team that is Cup-ready today. Sharp on offense, stingy on D, high energy and sure tackling on special teams, and a QB with the eye of the tiger. No mercy.

No_Mercy2.gif

1 hour ago, J5V said:

What the hell are "rogue coaching tactics"?

Meaning sometimes Thorpe has been known to want to deviate from the HC game plan and head off and do his own thing.

Here's the thing, every coach no matter what their position or title has to be able to work with all the other coaches around them.  Now as far as Thorpe's departure from Montreal is concerned, I don't know if Chapdelaine was the real cause of his latest "do his own thing" reports, if it was Kavis Reed, Wettenhalls, or somebody else?  I know one thing that he was there as far back as when Dan Hawkins was hired and kept all the way through the Higgins and now Chapdelaine eras.  That does tell me that Montreal's owners are stupid and won't let their coaches pick their guys, which as O'Shea mentioned on the coaches' show he does get to do which I believe is a good thing in terms of how a team should be run.

All that to say, I'm not against Thorpe coming here If he can work with the other coaches.  But if he's not buying into the current culture we're running, it's not likely to work.

It's remarkable  how stress free my day has been knowing I'm not going to tune into the game today. I took my 19 month  old son for a walk, did some dishes, and then napped for a couple hours. I can dial up my blood pressure in two weeks. Hopefully the Bombers are at home, and, if not, I'll make the drive up the road to stinktown and watch.